Way too early top 25

Normally I’m never one to fall for deliberate feigned outrage...

But this is HORSESH*T.

Duke at #1 is completely ridiculous, idgaf about their 23 class (which is definitely loaded), but more has to be factored into a preseason ranking than just potential talent. Because if that’s the only weighed measure then Kentucky should be the consensus preseason #1 because their class is absolutely STACKED. And even so still we all know Kentucky will still manage to lose 8-10+ games, not win the SEC & get “upset” early in the tourney lol.

Advertisement
I know these things are meaningless and they admit they're "way too early" but I really see them as pointless with the transfer portal.

Normally I’m never one to fall for deliberate feigned outrage...

But this is HORSESH*T.

Duke at #1 is completely ridiculous, idgaf about their 23 class (which is definitely loaded), but more has to be factored into a preseason ranking than just potential talent. Because if that’s the only weighed measure then Kentucky should be the consensus preseason #1 because their class is absolutely STACKED. And even so still we all know Kentucky will still manage to lose 8-10+ games, not win the SEC & get “upset” early in the tourney lol.

Agree with you as to Duke and UK being overrated, as always, based on recruits. And every season it’s the teams with upper classmen who have success in the tourney. This plays like a broken record, a stupid broken record.

But I can live with UM at #11. I think we are better than that next year but as a preseason ranking it makes it easier to get early recognition.

Advertisement
Agree with you as to Duke and UK being overrated, as always, based on recruits. And every season it’s the teams with upper classmen who have success in the tourney. This plays like a broken record, a stupid broken record.

But I can live with UM at #11. I think we are better than that next year but as a preseason ranking it makes it easier to get early recognition.
I'm not upset about Miami's preseason ranking, we should definitely be higher but that'll work itself out when it matters.

But having Duke preseason #1 is absolutely outrageous. In no way do they deserve that ranking given how their season unfolded last year.

I'm not upset about Miami's preseason ranking, we should definitely be higher but that'll work itself out when it matters.

But having Duke preseason #1 is absolutely outrageous. In no way do they deserve that ranking given how their season unfolded last year.
Come August/September all we hear about is freshman phenoms.

Come February/March all we hear about is the importance of experience in college basketball

No reason this season will be different.

Come August/September all we hear about is freshman phenoms.

Come February/March all we hear about is the importance of experience in college basketball

No reason this season will be different.
Yes, this season will be different - at least for us.

We won't be older than many of the other top teams in the country. Teams, including elite programs like KU, are all getting older. Our starting lineup is reasonably old (although not as old as 2013, 2022, and some other teams we've had), but our bench is as inexperienced as it gets.

Among the projected top 25 teams, we're expected to be the 15th oldest. This will obviously change as the polls come out and minutes get moved around, etc., but the point remains: we won't have as much of an experience advantage as we've grown used to under L.

Advertisement
Back