Way too early predictions 2013

919Cane2DaGrave

Band
Banned
I'm not going to actually predict records/stats. Just who will be good/bad, impactful/not so much. Thank you long off-season for the boredom that besets me like a pack of hounds on a bloody fox.

First off, The ACC!

Atlantic Division-
1. Clemson
2. FSU
3. Maryland
4. Wake Forest
5. NC State
6. Syracuse
7. Boston College

Clemson at this point has to be the odds-on favorite. Returning Boyd and Watkins will remain potent on offense. Ellington will be missed, but Bellamy is talented in his own right. The defense should improve in year 2 under Venables. FSU is FSU. Loads of talent and inconsistent. Will they put it together and repeat? Does Clint Trickett **** pretty *******? The answer is no. He ***** BBW. He isn't the answer, and if you think Jameis Winston/Sean McGuire will step in and be dominant they won't. Trickett wins the job, plays well enough to finish 2nd. Maryland lost 4 Qb's this year. The team struggled with injuries all season. Out of 4 QB's who have game experience, they can find one to step in and get it done. Also, Diggs and Wes Brown aren't too shabby to have as weapons offensively. Wake and NCSU will be mehhhh...Although I think new NCSU coach Dave Doeren will eventually build them into a threat. The Orangmen will be welcomed to the ACC with a dose of humble pie, and BC gon BC.

Coastal Division-
1.Miami
2.North Carolina
3.VT
4.GT
5.UVA
6.Pitt
7.DUKE

Dem Canes gon have some playas. Nah, forreal tho. The Miami Hurricanes are looking good. Nah man, I'm serious this time. I think they might do it....If you recall, the Canes won a share of the coastal this season. They could repeat next season. Like, forreal. Looking at it, We beat Duke, GT, VT. Are any of those teams getting substantially better this offseason? Not Duke. Renfree is gone. Duke crashes back to reality this offseason. GT? Lose Tevin Washington, replace with Vad Lee. GT is always a tough game. But we play them in Miami, and we have owned them as of late. VT may bring back Logan Thomas but I'm not too worried about him. He may rededicate himself this offseason and unbelieve his own hype and **** up my hopes, but I doubt it. He's a bi-racial angel. Not scurred. Looking at UNC, they lose Gio. Man...he was good. Bryn Renner comes back, and Quinshad Davis (srs) is emerging as a threat at WR. The defense loses the remainder of the Butch Davis era super-freaks. Larry Hat will have his hands full, but I still think they're consistent enough to win, just not against us. That leaves Pitt and UVA. Pitt has Rushel Shell, a superb talent at RB. But other than him, they're not Verygood Good. UVa can **** themselves. Seriously. Michael Phillips is a contraceptive. Philip Sims will be better than advertised, but the Mike London experiment falls on hard times this year coming up.

Impact Players
Not going to state obvious ones (SteeMo, Duke, DP,EJ, Deon) I'm going to focus on guys riding the pine this past season and guys coming in.
Bond, Devante Bond. With any form of interior pass rush, this kid will get us off the field on 3rd down. If he can get one on ones on 3rd and long, we're in a position to win. That brings me to...

Earl Moore. This no-necked big ******* is about to yoke up this offseason. I can feel it, down in my plums. 6'1, 310 going into next year seems legit. He is a blocker-occupier.
Olsen 'Lucky' Pierre. He's always the middle guy in the double team because he's the only decent interior lineman we had. Hence, Lucky Pierre. He'll become even more of a force this offseason going into next year.

If Moore and Pierre improve like I think they willm coupled with Bond, Devante Bond, we'll see a pretty dramatic improvement in our defense. Going from dead last to not dead last is pretty dramatic in itself, but I'm thinking anywhere from 55th-70th realistically. An improvement that great will result in wins we should have gotten this past year, and the wins we did get would have been uglier (for the other guys).

On offense, Beau. I haven't been this excited for a Tight end since I ****ed my buddy's sister. Beau Sandland is going to be the missing link this offense needs. The evolution continues for Clive Warlord. Thats a pretty imposing 2 TE set.
Another player I am excited to see improve is Seantrel. I think if he stays and stays healthy, he is going to have the breakout year at tackle we all dreamed of when he got here.

I left of all recruits other than Bond and Beau so as not to jinx, but obviously the impact player list would be subject to change. Golden road to a lets go canes!

Advertisement
Great post & i agree

How about Kirby as a breakout LB? I think he surprises many

Bellamy got kicked off Clemson before the season started. Not sure who there starter will be next year.

Advertisement
Glad to see you mention Earl Moore. It would be nice if someone emerged from the Ivery, Moore, King group to become a pleasant surprise. They are still very young players, but they have more experience than most at that age.

King seemed to play better as the year went on. Moore was solid. Ivery looks like an immovable object.

None of them look like the next great Miami DT.

Porter showed some incredible flashes as a freshman coming off the ball. He's been ready for the big-time since 2009. My money is on him having a big year.

An in shape Ivery is what I'm excited for. I think he's more explosive than Moore. Can't wait for spring.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Glad to see you mention Earl Moore. It would be nice if someone emerged from the Ivery, Moore, King group to become a pleasant surprise. They are still very young players, but they have more experience than most at that age.

I don't see King as being that guy, but between Moore and Ivery one will be a solid run stuffer. I think Moore, he's moore compact, some pun intended. Ivery did look pretty beastly at times this season fwiw.

Moore and Ivery flashed a bit of that Micanor Regis vibe. Maybe that's not what everyone hoped for, but if they can get to Regis' top level in the next two years, they'll help out.

The coaches see something in King that I haven't seen in the games. I don't think he's currently suited to play 2-gap.

Ivery is very out of shape.

Moore looks like a bowling ball.

I don't know the basis for this comment, but I don't know otherwise, either. What I do know is Al Golden will not put up with that, and if it is true after Spring Drills, the riot act will be read --- or the ax!

Advertisement
We just need ONE KID at DT to come in next season and explode like EJ did. One body that nobody really expected to grow up ala Brandon McGee to put it together and be a force that we've been missing!

This coupled with good (maybe great) DE play and this defense is Top 30.

Y'all might just **** around and see ole Briscoe come in and put things 2gether... I really have a feeling about this kid... but the JR's and SR's that we have at DT... Porter, Pierre, Luther, Grimble will step up they know that they have to. I think they know their backs are against the wall and will play like they have a chip on their shoulders... I do think though that there is an answer in 1 of our youngins especially Ivery, briscoe and Moore!

King seemed to play better as the year went on. Moore was solid. Ivery looks like an immovable object.

None of them look like the next great Miami DT.

Porter showed some incredible flashes as a freshman coming off the ball. He's been ready for the big-time since 2009. My money is on him having a big year.

My money is on Porter missing at least 8 games.

Advertisement
I'm not going to actually predict records/stats. Just who will be good/bad, impactful/not so much. Thank you long off-season for the boredom that besets me like a pack of hounds on a bloody fox.

First off, The ACC!

Atlantic Division-
1. Clemson
2. FSU
3. Maryland
4. Wake Forest
5. NC State
6. Syracuse
7. Boston College

Clemson at this point has to be the odds-on favorite. Returning Boyd and Watkins will remain potent on offense. Ellington will be missed, but Bellamy is talented in his own right. The defense should improve in year 2 under Venables. FSU is FSU. Loads of talent and inconsistent. Will they put it together and repeat? Does Clint Trickett **** pretty ****es? The answer is no. He ****s BBW. He isn't the answer, and if you think Jameis Winston/Sean McGuire will step in and be dominant they won't. Trickett wins the job, plays well enough to finish 2nd. Maryland lost 4 Qb's this year. The team struggled with injuries all season. Out of 4 QB's who have game experience, they can find one to step in and get it done. Also, Diggs and Wes Brown aren't too shabby to have as weapons offensively. Wake and NCSU will be mehhhh...Although I think new NCSU coach Dave Doeren will eventually build them into a threat. The Orangmen will be welcomed to the ACC with a dose of humble pie, and BC gon BC.

Coastal Division-
1.Miami
2.North Carolina
3.VT
4.GT
5.UVA
6.Pitt
7.DUKE

Dem Canes gon have some playas. Nah, forreal tho. The Miami Hurricanes are looking good. Nah man, I'm serious this time. I think they might do it....If you recall, the Canes won a share of the coastal this season. They could repeat next season. Like, forreal. Looking at it, We beat Duke, GT, VT. Are any of those teams getting substantially better this offseason? Not Duke. Renfree is gone. Duke crashes back to reality this offseason. GT? Lose Tevin Washington, replace with Vad Lee. GT is always a tough game. But we play them in Miami, and we have owned them as of late. VT may bring back Logan Thomas but I'm not too worried about him. He may rededicate himself this offseason and unbelieve his own hype and **** up my hopes, but I doubt it. He's a bi-racial angel. Not scurred. Looking at UNC, they lose Gio. Man...he was good. Bryn Renner comes back, and Quinshad Davis (srs) is emerging as a threat at WR. The defense loses the remainder of the Butch Davis era super-freaks. Larry Hat will have his hands full, but I still think they're consistent enough to win, just not against us. That leaves Pitt and UVA. Pitt has Rushel Shell, a superb talent at RB. But other than him, they're not Verygood Good. UVa can **** themselves. Seriously. Michael Phillips is a contraceptive. Philip Sims will be better than advertised, but the Mike London experiment falls on hard times this year coming up.

Impact Players
Not going to state obvious ones (SteeMo, Duke, DP,EJ, Deon) I'm going to focus on guys riding the pine this past season and guys coming in.
Bond, Devante Bond. With any form of interior pass rush, this kid will get us off the field on 3rd down. If he can get one on ones on 3rd and long, we're in a position to win. That brings me to...

Earl Moore. This no-necked big ******* is about to yoke up this offseason. I can feel it, down in my plums. 6'1, 310 going into next year seems legit. He is a blocker-occupier.
Olsen 'Lucky' Pierre. He's always the middle guy in the double team because he's the only decent interior lineman we had. Hence, Lucky Pierre. He'll become even more of a force this offseason going into next year.

If Moore and Pierre improve like I think they willm coupled with Bond, Devante Bond, we'll see a pretty dramatic improvement in our defense. Going from dead last to not dead last is pretty dramatic in itself, but I'm thinking anywhere from 55th-70th realistically. An improvement that great will result in wins we should have gotten this past year, and the wins we did get would have been uglier (for the other guys).

On offense, Beau. I haven't been this excited for a Tight end since I ****ed my buddy's sister. Beau Sandland is going to be the missing link this offense needs. The evolution continues for Clive Warlord. Thats a pretty imposing 2 TE set.
Another player I am excited to see improve is Seantrel. I think if he stays and stays healthy, he is going to have the breakout year at tackle we all dreamed of when he got here.

I left of all recruits other than Bond and Beau so as not to jinx, but obviously the impact player list would be subject to change. Golden road to a lets go canes!

lulz...

Sounds like a lot of guys still here.

They'll be the first to tell you, we're on the Golden Road.

That is funny as **** looking back on that crap - OMG - that's what I'm hearing this year, but without the SteMo phraseology!

Sounds like a lot of guys still here.

They'll be the first to tell you, we're on the Golden Road.

That is funny as **** looking back on that crap - OMG - that's what I'm hearing this year, but without the SteMo phraseology!

I haven't seen many posts like this. Where are they?

First off, The ACC!

Atlantic Division-
1. Clemson
2. FSU
3. Maryland
4. Wake Forest
5. NC State
6. Syracuse
7. Boston College

Clemson at this point has to be the odds-on favorite. Returning Boyd and Watkins will remain potent on offense. Ellington will be missed, but Bellamy is talented in his own right. The defense should improve in year 2 under Venables. FSU is FSU. Loads of talent and inconsistent. Will they put it together and repeat? Does Clint Trickett **** pretty ****es? The answer is no. He ****s BBW. He isn't the answer, and if you think Jameis Winston/Sean McGuire will step in and be dominant they won't. Trickett wins the job, plays well enough to finish 2nd. Maryland lost 4 Qb's this year. The team struggled with injuries all season. Out of 4 QB's who have game experience, they can find one to step in and get it done. Also, Diggs and Wes Brown aren't too shabby to have as weapons offensively. Wake and NCSU will be mehhhh...Although I think new NCSU coach Dave Doeren will eventually build them into a threat. The Orangmen will be welcomed to the ACC with a dose of humble pie, and BC gon BC.

Coastal Division-
1.Miami

2.North Carolina
3.VT
4.GT
5.UVA
6.Pitt
7.DUKE

Impact Players

:ibisroflmao::ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
Back