Way to early 2021 NFL Mock Day

Advertisement
Roche is that highly thought of? I remember Hill having hype but not like that.

Why in the **** do these dudes have the fins taking a WR? Devante was a pro bowl snub and Preston Williams was on pace for 1,000 before he got hurt in his rookie season. Don’t think we need a WR....

Advertisement
Why in the **** do these dudes have the fins taking a WR? Devante was a pro bowl snub and Preston Williams was on pace for 1,000 before he got hurt in his rookie season. Don’t think we need a WR....

This draft they addressed OL to protect Tua now you got to get him skill position help. Preston is coming off an ACL and besides Devante there is no one dynamic in this O. Let’s beef up the talent on O around him.

For everyone that always bashes the ACC.

it’s early but this mock:
ACC-11 first rounders
SEC-8 first rounders

The ACC is going to be much improved after a down year or 2.

I think these teams end year in top 25:

Clemson
Miami
UNC
Louisville

Teams that I think could be in that 25-32 range:

Pittsburgh
Wake Forest
Virginia Tech

This draft they addressed OL to protect Tua now you got to get him skill position help. Preston is coming off an ACL and besides Devante there is no one dynamic in this O. Let’s beef up the talent on O around him.
What is this 2005? An ACL isn’t that serious anymore. Preston is still going to be Preston when he plays again plus Jakeem was hurt and he’s going to be in the slot. How bout another Edge guy, a TE, or a linebacker l.

Kinda crazy Jamie Newman is that high. I think from a skill perspective that King is better
The kid from NDSU Trey Lance is going ahead of him and it won’t even be close. Guy hasn’t thrown a pick in 2 years.

Advertisement
What is this 2005? An ACL isn’t that serious anymore. Preston is still going to be Preston when he plays again plus Jakeem was hurt and he’s going to be in the slot. How bout another Edge guy, a TE, or a linebacker l.

There is still a fairly limited history of production for Devante. He was really good last year but is that Devante Parker or is the guy that appeared more modest the few years before that? Preston has appeared in all of 8 games in his career. You hope last year wasn't a flash in the pan for both guys and that they can lock the WR spot but we don't really have a history with either to suggest that Fins won't be needing a WR next season.

Kinda crazy Jamie Newman is that high. I think from a skill perspective that King is better

yeah Newman is a lot bigger(6’4 230) and does have a big arm. He also verified a 4.7 as a high school recruit. If he sees a big season this year in the SEC, I think the feeling is he could soar up draft boards.

Thats pretty exciting stuff, but I just hope our OL holds up

I cant take another season like this last one. It had to be one of the most embarrassing seasons I can remember as a Canes fan. 2007 sucked as well, but I remember losing to ranked conference opponents then.

Advertisement
I too am a little surprised to see Newman ranked that high. I had looked at his stats when there was some speculation that maybe we'd land him and noted that he struggled against the better teams/defenses he faced.

Devante has one year of production and Preston Williams is a headcase coming off a torn ACL.

It doesn’t matter how good of a season Newman has. Trey Lance is going to go before him. The guy has 28 TD’s and 0 picks Last year. Dude’s a stud.

Advertisement
The kid from NDSU Trey Lance is going ahead of him and it won’t even be close. Guy hasn’t thrown a pick in 2 years.

That's insane, I thought you were exaggerating. He threw 28 TD's last year and no picks.

Edit: sorry, just saw your comment further down where you said this, should probably read it before I post

You know where I stand here. I think they should kick Robert Hunt inside to RG. Little or Cosmi at T would be very good fits for Tua. We also need a Safety next year, IMO.

Advertisement
Back