Watered down

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve watched a lot of football the last 35 years and this could be one of the most watered down top tens I’ve ever seen. All have big flaws and are very much beatable. I don’t see one dominate team , nobody close.

UGA is missing their stud ten year starter Bennet and their OC. It also looks like the draft has finally started taking a toll on their depth. Lucky for them their schedule is pathetic and they play in the Sec Least.

At this point I have no clue who’s winning this thing but imo there’s more teams capable now than most years. If Michigan can’t do it this year it’ll never happen.

Even though I hate Notre Dame they look better adding Hartman . Now that I said that they’ll get upset ( reverse voodoo).

This should be a very interesting season. I could see a playoff made up of a few two loss teams.
We look just as good as any of them if we werent canes fans and not having 20 years of failure to think about. Better QB and offense than most of them.

Besides the portal plucking away at good teams depth they would normally have, a lot of programs have invested big money in their facilities/strength and conditioning to compete with the big guns and narrow that gap.

Advertisement
Usc has the veteran qb and good enough talent with a doable schedule. Them or Michigan need to get it done this year or they never will. Riley’s defenses normally ***** the pootch though.
Yea their defense is usually REALLY bad but watched them last couple weeks and they looked improved from opener, they have ALOT of transfers and guys like bear alexander, muhammad, lucas starting to do work.. I dont think they need to be elite because their O will be soo good and dynamic player like Branch will only add to heisman ****nal..

I think the portal has some to do with it. UGA has gotten beat up by the draft the last two years , they’ve also been fortunate to have the same qb for 3 seasons. Just like with FSU. Having a guy not good enough to leave early but a very good college qb is stealing. Tebow being another one.
The Portal and NIL has changed the game. It didn't mean more and there wasn't a magic formula in the SEC, they just had an advanced bag game that nobody else could compete with.

USC, Texas and Miami being on the way back hasn't helped the likes of Georgia and Alabama too - elite players staying home has destroyed that competitive advantage they had.

Advertisement
Hurricanes build strength over water.

No disrespect meant but you're either the most optimistic Cane fan I've seen in a long, long time or you're a:

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

The Portal and NIL has changed the game. It didn't mean more and there wasn't a magic formula in the SEC, they just had an advanced bag game that nobody else could compete with.

USC, Texas and Miami being on the way back hasn't helped the likes of Georgia and Alabama too - elite players staying home has destroyed that competitive advantage they had.
Bama ,Osu and UGA will always recruit at a high level. Their issues aren’t as much talent as its coordinators new qb’s , or both. Saban has been fortunate with the last 3-4 qb’s being beasts. We of all people know how important an OC is. The one area the portal causes issues for the big boys is piling up talent like before.

Advertisement
Back