Watching Warm Ups Allison Over Perry

Allison can run it, more than kaaya at least. I'm still confused why kaaya doesn't run it more. Yeah he is not fast for a qb but on that 3rd down run where he picked up 6 yards he looked very capable of doing that.

Well why didn't Morris who's runs a 4.6 run it very often when he was here? Why did Javier barely run it? Why did rosier that pull and run one single time vs duke last year? They're not taught to

If it's there you got to take it man

Anybody else wondering who Javier is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me

Advertisement
Jack throws a lot better ball than Perry and has alot better throwing mechanics... Perry will not beat him out

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Supposedly Kaaya was deadly accurate in practice, lets see how Allison and Perry do when the lights come on

This.

When you're faced with pressure with the game on the line, then you'll know.

Jack throws a lot better ball than Perry and has alot better throwing mechanics... Perry will not beat him out

Sorry gonna have to disagree with you here bruh. I want an athlete at QB no more pocket passers.

I have no problem with a pocket passer as long as he can run a little. 20-30 yds a game,that's all you need from a good passer.

I was watching Watson last night, and honestly what stood out to me wasn't his running. He can take off and go, but he doesn't bail out right away. Rather, he uses his feet to move very well in the pocket and even outside it, just to keep the play alive. Most importantly his head stays up and he finds his guy. He just looked so comfortable in the pocket even with that nasty d line having batted balls and coming after him. You don't need Lamar Jackson to win. You just need someone to navigate the pocket. Whether it's taking off when there is no other option, or sliding around in it and still looking as comfortable as if he had a clean pocket. That's one glaring difference between Watson and Kaaya.

What saved clemson season was watson not taking that sack on 2nd & 5 and instead throwing the ball away on the final drive, our qb wouldve just fell down its obvious watching other qb's that ours just doesnt have "IT"

Allison can run it, more than kaaya at least. I'm still confused why kaaya doesn't run it more. Yeah he is not fast for a qb but on that 3rd down run where he picked up 6 yards he looked very capable of doing that.

Well why didn't Morris who's runs a 4.6 run it very often when he was here? Why did Javier barely run it? Why did rosier that pull and run one single time vs duke last year? They're not taught to

If it's there you got to take it man

Anybody else wondering who Javier is?

Me

*jacory. Hate commenting from my phone

Sorry gonna have to disagree with you here bruh. I want an athlete at QB no more pocket passers.

That sound unassailable on the surface but let's consider Miami and its history. We have had great statue like pocket passers and great athlete QBs. Kosar looked like an add for handicap Olympics when he ran. Walsh and Ken not that much better. Geno got worse when he did move. Craig could move a little, as I recall. Despite this, they delivered 5 NCs. Granted, J12 and Kaaya, our two recent pocket passers have been less mobile than Kosar, and takes some doing, so I can see not wanting another. How about when we had athlete QBs.

Our two best QBs ever, Kelly and Vinnie were very mobile even though they were pocket passers first. Both move the chains with their feet and were premier passers, although Vinnie's short game left something to be desired. Neither gave us an NC, and keep in mind Vinnie has probably the second best, if not the best, team ever around him, won the Heisman, had arm beyond belief, and I have never seen a QB who could convert 3rd and a mile better than him. Still not NC in two game for one. Kelly was probably our best QB and certainly our best Pro at QB. He never had a team like the others, but keep in mind he loss 4 Super Bowls in a row. Jim and Vinnie are my personal favorite QBs, but if I was picking a QB to lead my team to a NC, if would be Steve or Kosar. Not saying I would not love a Vinnie or Jim right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back