Watching the playoffs - Mark Walton comparison

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
Looking at Walton's highlight reel from this year:

[video=youtube;cBxkzn22Iu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxkzn22Iu0[/video]

To me, his running style reminds me a bit of Le'Veon Bell's. Certainly Bell is MUCH bigger, but in the way he cuts and moves through holes (and his overall sub-par vision at times) I think the stylistic comparison might be there. Am I crazy?

Advertisement
I don't think you could come up with a worse comparison. Bell has special and elite vision and patience. Walton has shown his worse traits are his vision and patience.

This would be like comparing Braxton Berrios to Antonio Brown.

Eh, it was just a thought watching the way they cut. Certainly not trying to compare their production or size. I honestly don't think Bell has all that great open-field vision. He has a great knack for following blockers and getting through traffic to the second level. That's what made me think of Walton.

Advertisement
Good comparison. Knowshon was faster but both have those "crazy legs" at the line of scrimmage.

I don't think Knowshon Is faster than Mark but I do think their style is similar.

Walton is way more physical than Bell too.

if moreno is faster than walton then we have a problem lol

and walton is not more physical than bell leveon punished fools at mich st

Advertisement
I don't think Knowshon Is faster than Mark but I do think their style is similar.

:puzzled:

Bell dances around like a scatback... He is a big back so hes hard to tackle; but lets not act like you see him running cats over and just getting all in their chinstraps.

Walton is definitely more grimey when it comes to flat out painful running.

lol I don't think you could have come up with a worse comparison. They do nothing alike

Advertisement
Eh, it was just a thought watching the way they cut. Certainly not trying to compare their production or size. I honestly don't think Bell has all that great open-field vision. He has a great knack for following blockers and getting through traffic to the second level. That's what made me think of Walton.
I think he's more of a Jonathan Stewart/ Alfred Morris type... (Not physically, but in run style).

And, the mistake you made was attempting to have a positive Walton thread, that's against CIS law lol.

The best part of this is Homer's supposed to be as good if not better....

Why Homer played mostly ST then? I hope he is that good but I'm gon wait & see before I crown him....

He couldn't get carries over Yearby or Gus & now he is the best back on the team.....ijs

The best part of this is Homer's supposed to be as good if not better....

Why Homer played mostly ST then? I hope he is that good but I'm gon wait & see before I crown him....

He couldn't get carries over Yearby or Gus & now he is the best back on the team.....ijs

Might have had something to do with him being a true freshman behind **** solid veterans. Walton was great this year and unseated Yearby, who was a 1,000 yard back the prior season.....ijs

Advertisement

:puzzled:

Bell dances around like a scatback... He is a big back so hes hard to tackle; but lets not act like you see him running cats over and just getting all in their chinstraps.

Walton is definitely more grimey when it comes to flat out painful running.

couldn't disagree more..Bell flattens dudes often

Advertisement
Back