Watching Baylor

Advertisement
42-41 State... uh oh... 17 sec to go.

Doesn't have anything to do with the thread, really. It was a back and forth game when I posted. I just like their style of play. I think it'd fit great with our athletes.

I agree with your comments as I posted. The post you replied to had to do with Andrew's comment about Baylor running away with it after half.

Baylor choke city. They blocked a lineman in the back 5 yards behind the play on the pick 6 early in the 4th, game would have been iced.

Advertisement
Art Briles is another air raid coach with no defense. It never EVER works.

Football is about conversions. Can you get people off the field and can you stay on the field? Baylor had 10+ chances to end that game. I love the aggression, but it's a coach's job to manage those last 10 minutes in a way that ends the game. What they did today was at the opposite end of the spectrum of how Al Golden sits on a lead. But, in real life, if I had to choose between the two as my only alternatives, I take Briles' mismanagement.

Advertisement
If Baylor wins I think the playoff committee has some splainin' to do.

It is going to turn into a blowout in the second half.

Hold the phone... LOL

LOL. I am now just reading this thread. I was going to turn on the Auburn/Wisky game, but something told me not too. Then, when State got the on-sides kick early in the 4th, MSU knew. Baylor missing FG in the late 3rd when it hit the upright, then the block with just over a minute left was killer.

Speaking of killer, watch the run back from the blocked FG. I don't remember the number, but the Baylor guy just gets lit up when the returner starts to round the corner.

Well I was wrong on this one.

Nothing you could do Andrew. If Baylor would have just played smart (block in the back on the INT) and just tried to run some time off the clock by getting first downs and staying super aggressive like they did in the first half, they win the ball game.

I feel the same way watching Oregon right now.

Our coach makes us take the play clock down to :03 every snap to cover his horrible defense's ***. We were 120th in total offensive plays run.

Wow what a difference when you watch teams that attack and aren't afraid.

Golden's mentality of reacting and playing not to lose and not to make a mistake are the reason his teams are so soft.

I feel like every other team I watch I think, "that's the way Miami should be playing."

Oregon, TCU, Baylor, Michigan state all play with balls.

Advertisement
Baylor is soft. They are a finesse team. Defense is garbage. When the game gets extremely physical they bend. No thanks.

Most entertained I've been all bowl season.
Great game with huge momentum swings.
Baylor blew it & MSU earned every bit of that win.

Advertisement

Our coach makes us take the play clock down to :03 every snap to cover his horrible defense's ***. We were 120th in total offensive plays run.

Golden's mentality of reacting and playing not to lose and not to make a mistake are the reason his teams are so soft.

That would be coley and his stupid check with me system it takes so **** long, we can all see why jimbo wasnt concerned letting coley leave and why he didnt let coley near a mic to call plays!!

That would be coley and his stupid check with me system it takes so **** long, we can all see why jimbo wasnt concerned letting coley leave and why he didnt let coley near a mic to call plays!!

Bullshlt.

Golden stated before the year he wanted a more ball-control offense. He thought we didn't hold possession long enough.

It was also confirmed Coley and Golden went at it during the FSU game when he forced Coley to go conservative.

Advertisement
Back