Watched some clips of lower rated commits of 2014

5Ringz

Thunderdome
HOLY ****!!!

How are some of these studs rated so low on these sites? These are some solid looking kids. With some weight room time and coaching a lot of them could be beasts. Know I know recuit films are of the best plays they made in a season..........but the measurables and speed of these players is what pops out. They look like they are out there playing with kids.

Ryan Mayes looks like a fluid corner. Not too physical but very long and rangy. Has good speed. Reads plays very well.

Mike Smith has a motor like a Ferrari god ****. Gets off the line and to the QB quickly. Dreads should make him an automatic 4 star.

Trayone Gray looks amazing. I got nothing to say about what I say when I saw his clip. Looks outstanding. Tall and very fast. Looks like a man out there. Plays for our very own Carol City Cheifs. You take a kid like that at home oer a kid from any other other state.

Home grown. I like it. These are the type of kids that go to VT or UNC and ball out of control then we look back like why we didnt take them

Last edited:
Advertisement
Quincy Wilson

172.gif

That is why Golden made his day camps inexpensive, so these kids could attend and the coaches get a real good feel for their potentail not some blown up rating

Advertisement
Golden doesn't give a bum's **** about stars or service rankings. Gotta respect that. He holds his camps and does his research and if he likes a kid early, and thinks he'll fit, he goes after him.

So far he's got a pretty decent eye and hit rate on "lower ranked" players, but we'll find out more going forward.

Admittedly as someone who just sees highlights myself, I agree that Trayone Gray just looks better. I know there are grade issues that have been mentioned, but he looks like an instant impact guy if he gets in. He'll fix that safety issue quick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back