Watched Gurvan Hall's Hudl

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
Premium
Again. Still laughing at the fact this kid got his recruiting ranking dropped as last cycle went on. He's a Top 50 player imo, and one of the top safeties in his class. As good as Jaquan Johnson is, Hall is an elite athlete and the probably the best talent we've signed at that position, maybe since Kenny Phillips.

That's all, for your enjoyment:

Advertisement
Even at #8, this class is terribly underrated. Hall, Frierson, Ivey, Blades and Bethel are all at the Jackson and Johnson level, IMHO. Joyner., Rousseau and Miller have elite ceilings. Nesta ready to contribute day 1, along with Big O from Illinois. And there's not an offensive class in the country I would trade for ours. It is insanely great.

I know some of you think frierson is our future at FS, but HALL is too **** good and great instincts. I think he allows us the put Frierson at SS and really create a versatile defense

Advertisement
I don't say this to agree with a falling ranking, as I agree that his highlight tape has the look of a very exciting prospect. That said, a facet of these projections has to do with measurables. It is not the end all be all, and shouldn't be, but it is worth noting that he is the highest rated sub-six foot safety in the country (composite), and may very well have been slotted higher if he were even just slightly bigger.

The players ranked ahead of him average between 2 and 3 inches in height, and about 15-20 pounds based on their measurements. Not substantive enough to worry about necessarily as a fanbase, but substantial enough to keep in mind when doing something like projection rankings.

There’s a reason Saban flew the chopper down in the middle of the field to see Hall. FOH him not being top 50. Did we hear about Saban flying the chopper down to see Jobe? Hall was his first choice, period. Bravo to the staff sticking w this.

I don't say this to agree with a falling ranking, as I agree that his highlight tape has the look of a very exciting prospect. That said, a facet of these projections has to do with measurables. It is not the end all be all, and shouldn't be, but it is worth noting that he is the highest rated sub-six foot safety in the country (composite), and may very well have been slotted higher if he were even just slightly bigger.

The players ranked ahead of him average between 2 and 3 inches in height, and about 15-20 pounds based on their measurements. Not substantive enough to worry about necessarily as a fanbase, but substantial enough to keep in mind when doing something like projection rankings.
He’s 6’0 on Miami’s roster now 185. Going to be 195 by the time fall practice start

Advertisement
He’s 6’0 on Miami’s roster now 185. Going to be 195 by the time fall practice start
You should @247, they might not know they based the height and weight of all of their prospects on the post NLI team website stats and forgot Gurvan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What impresses me most is the level of violence which he plays with. Especially for safeties without prototypical size, that really seperates good ones from great ones like Earl Thomas and Jamal Adams.

Amari Carter is a physical safety who will be a good player for us, and Jaquan obviously is very good, but neither plays with the level of aggressiveness I see from Hall.

Hall plays the game to hurt people. And he's a great athlete (3rd in state in 110 hurdles). Just comparing his film to Jobe (who I think is pretty good), I don't see the same special aggressiveness from Josh.

I watched a bunch of Hudls from Safeties in this class, and I really only see the same violence from Otis Reese of GA. Hall obviously isn't the physical specimen Kenny Phillips was, but I see him being a fantastic prospect in his own right

Advertisement
Back