Wasted oppurtunity

I think richt has done an amazing job this season all things considered. Im not gonna talk about yalls golden boy. Im also gonna warn yall about putting so much on williams shoulders. Alot of people arent too sold on him.kid does have alot of potential so lets just hope for the best. Hes gonna have to fight with nkosi & possibly weldon depending on how his off season goes. Staff loves nkosi & his potential. My one criticism towards staff this year is we really wasted an oppurtunity with nkosi. This schedule was tailor made for him to grow and get his experience in while playing a very mediocre competition level & still keeping us relevant due to our defense. Even if you cant really let him feel himself you gotta give him the basics and do him... Now its simply moving on to next season and a more difficult schedule with a qb who has no game experience regardless who wins. Feel free to start with your rosier is god comments. Ill simply respond to that once. Youre all morons who need to move on to fiu. Cause clearly runner up is great for yall.

Unnecessarily aggressive there at the end, but ok.

Fair argument about how the QB spot was handled, but you have to make some big assumptions to think Perry would have done better. As for "golden boy", nobody deserves that until the season is over and we see what they've done (Rosier looked amazing at 10-0, but at 10-3 he wouldn't look so hot. Not that he ever looked like an amazing QB, just that he looked like a winner). I don't buy the idea that this or that guy would have been better or will be better. The truth is that you don't know until they play. You would have said that Rosier could beat Pitt based on what he did in the second half against fsu. Say what you want, but fsu has a much better D than Pitt. Same goes for Perry. He looks the goods, but until he does it on the field we don't know for sure.

Bottom line, I'm happy enough with this season to not question the QB call.

Thats where your misunderstanding me brother. Im not at all saying he wouldve done better or couldve even had the same season or anything relating to that. My sole point is we know rosiers cieling. We knew it coming into the year. Im not gonna argue about how he looked at 10-0 or any other time. To me all i wanted was to see if we have our qb for our future or not because we know rosier isnt that. In my eyes we wouldve had basically the same season as a bottom line no matter who was at the position because of the quality of teams we played. Feel free to look back. I said before we had any clue who the qb would be that i thought we go 10-2 at worst. Id agree on no need for aggression either but on here that seems the norm. If people dont agree they simply attack u.

I'm certainly not going to attack you but I disagree with what you're saying. Would have lost 3+ games without the last two. We had no chance against Clemson regardless. We had key injuries, we don't have depth or even 85 scholarship players. We just didn't have the horses to beat them in this game, not even close.

Hopefully we can hold on to this class, Rosier had a big part of that whether you want to agree with that or not, he did the best he could and I thank him for giving us hope again. Unless you have an absolute great freshman QB they lose games, it is what it is. I've been betting against them for 30 years. Nobody likes ending a season like this but we just don't have the horses yet it's easy to see, this game was over in the first quarter even the D couldn't hold up.

Nothing at all wrong with having a different opinion brother. Neither of ours are more valid than the other which is why its just opinions. I agree with most you said & consider it all valid points. In my eyes obviously our depth was vital but so is aqb who can get the ball in our playmakers hands. Just look at the two times we tried going deep as a prime example. Second play of the game for us. 2nd & 6 Jeff Thomas was streaking down the middle of the field with atleast 15 yards of seperation between him and the closest defender & the whole field ahead to himself. The one thing your qb is taught is to put the ball up to the middle part of the field and let the reciever run it down. What did rosier do? He put it in the one spot we couldnt afford. Short & back to the boundary. Instead of a touchdown or even a momentum pushing big completion he let the db back in the play to where he almost madd the pick. Incompletion end result. The flea flicker to a wide open berrios over the middle... he drastically overthrows him. That game never gets out of hand if we just do the basics. But thats just my opinion.

I agree that Rosier has severely limited us, especially the last 2 games. I think starting Perry would have limited us as well, kind of like trading Kayaa for Rosier...that fixed some problems while creating some others. We'll see in the spring if one of the other guys can be consistent enough to unseat Rosier. I hope so, but if not I don't want to go with somebody else just to make a change.

Advertisement
Who isn't sold on Jarren Williams?

Kid looks like a great prospect and I haven't heard a negative review about him. If Perry is really as good as you say playing this year shouldn't affect next year.

Plenty of RS Freshman have balled out without playing their first year.

Weird post dude. You managed to **** on all of our QB options next year except Weldon. Maybe worry about WR instead. Outside of Pope we don't have any instant impact recruits coming in. Need another WR who can play as a freshman

One is im not ****ting on any of our qb options. I just wouldve liked to get nkosi some game action. Simple. Far as who isnt sold on williams im not gonna get into that. I know alot of people in his area. As we all know im good with cade fortin & his family. I know alot of people out that way. Cade told dumbo **** off. Hes not going to a & m. The pecking order for the top 3 is interchangable sortve. Its trevor lawrence at one than either emory jones or cade at 2 or 3. Jarren does play 7a but hes playing outside of district alot. He really only played 2 tough teams this year one being Norcross & if i remember right the other was don brosco. Against norcross he played horrible & they got blown out 31-7 bosco they won by 3 in ot i believe. With him what people question most is his heart or his will to win. Just like matt corral. Want another example. How many times did the tv show rosier tonight? Dude flat out looked like he checked out first quarter. I want a leader at qb first & foremost. The comment about wr im not even gonna get into. Were all intitled to opinions. Personally ill take my nephew over pope all day & i love him too. Im not at all worried about wr next year. Im worried about qb play & consistency out of the oline. Thats it on the whole team. Maybe a punter who can kick the ball too.
So why didn't we go after Cade? Staff doesn't agree with your assessment?

Were talking to cade now but cade is a very loyal quiet humble kid. He loves kevin sumlin & staff. Hes been committed to a & m and has told us all along if sumlins sticks so does he. As a result we hadnt offered. Now cade is decommited & visiting numerous spots. Kid is the truth. Just hope it doesnt cost us. We can only sign what we can. I just dont want him around to beat us if we cant get him. Half the problem is also hes very close with brad johnson & his family as well. In the background that would suck cause of max but as things stand im pretty sure max wont be coming here anyways.

Wow, Max Johnson isn't going to play for his Uncle? What's that about, F$U?

His dad did play for fsu. Who do you think has more pull here? Probably depends a lot on who fsu gets as their coach

So if there's some stud QB from Georgia who's available in Cade Fortin, why doesn't Richt know about him? Georgia was his back yard for 14 years after all.

He does. Communication is there. Well see what happens is all. Lil richt face timed him last week.

Dee, Ive probably asked you about it before, but OldhamA's comment made me think of it again. After spending all those years in Georgia, I kinda figured he would continue to recruit the state, fairly aggressively. I'm THRILLED that Richt and his staff have done so well in Florida, specifically south Florida. But unfortunately there are just some positions we have to recruit outside of south Florida. So any idea why he hasn't gone after very many Georgia recruits? I know we just got a commitment from George and it looks like Williams is ours to lose. But those 2 kinda prove my point. Williams wasn't our top QB target until recently. Its not like other teams aren't going in there and signing guys. I think Georgia only has commitments from something like... 4 of the top 34 in the state (as of right now). So i don't understand why there hasn't been any georgia recruits, that he identified and stayed on from day one of the recruiting year. Any idea?

I'll be honest, I don't mind spending another ship on bringing in a seconds QB in this class. We can all see what happens when you don't have that guy that can make the throws and run the team. Wouldn't mind going after this Fortin kid, at least give it a shot. I'd rather have a dual threat QB who can get the job done though. We need a leader that's for sure. I do agree with most, we can't start Rosier next year.

I don’t want to speak for Dee but I don’t think he nor did I mean to start Perry from Game one.What I was talking about was weening him in a little at a time to get him game time,to let him play at game speed to see if he was indeed ready.
You bring him along against all the lesser opponents we were playing getting him to a point where you could compare his skills to Rosiers in a game setting.

THEN by the time you got to the back end of our schedule you’d know if we got to a situation like we’ve been in the last few weeks there’d be an option.Right now we have no one other than Sheriffs and he’s HORRIBLE.Do any of you not think that Perry is good enough that he could have beat Pitt? If you don’t then he’s not the answer either cause anyone that could throw a ball accurately could have won that game for us.

IF Perry is as good as most seem to think he’s 3 and out anyways so what benefit is there of RS him?If he’s not then by that time there’s a lot of other options to turn to in Weldon,Williams or another stud or two. You just wasted a year of his development.A year not necessarily starting but getting meaningful game playing time to at least SEE and make an educated assessment of his talents going forward.What was there to lose?

Guys were yelling to put in the backup last night.We DONT HAVE A BACKUP.At least one that might give you a spark or get you back in the game.
This is where a Perry,who would have had 10-11 games of game time could possibly have made a difference.Maybe maybe not.But because he got none we still don’t know and we will go into the LSU game next year still not knowing,unless Rosier is starting.

That’s what I meant and I THINK Dee meant but again I’m only clarifying what I meant and not speaking for him.Thats whi I think Richt made an error in judgement regarding Perry’s RS But it’s just MY opinion which means very little in the grand scheme of things.
Here's the problem with that plan, we never put any teams away aside from Notre Dame to ease him in. UNC, GT, FSU, Pitt, UVA, Syracuse, I can't remember the rest of the schedule but in almost every game we played we needed 4th quarter heroics to win. So there was never an opportunity to put Perry in. By the time of the ND game, it was useless to burn his redshirt.

Advertisement
One is im not ****ting on any of our qb options. I just wouldve liked to get nkosi some game action. Simple. Far as who isnt sold on williams im not gonna get into that. I know alot of people in his area. As we all know im good with cade fortin & his family. I know alot of people out that way. Cade told dumbo **** off. Hes not going to a & m. The pecking order for the top 3 is interchangable sortve. Its trevor lawrence at one than either emory jones or cade at 2 or 3. Jarren does play 7a but hes playing outside of district alot. He really only played 2 tough teams this year one being Norcross & if i remember right the other was don brosco. Against norcross he played horrible & they got blown out 31-7 bosco they won by 3 in ot i believe. With him what people question most is his heart or his will to win. Just like matt corral. Want another example. How many times did the tv show rosier tonight? Dude flat out looked like he checked out first quarter. I want a leader at qb first & foremost. The comment about wr im not even gonna get into. Were all intitled to opinions. Personally ill take my nephew over pope all day & i love him too. Im not at all worried about wr next year. Im worried about qb play & consistency out of the oline. Thats it on the whole team. Maybe a punter who can kick the ball too.

Were talking to cade now but cade is a very loyal quiet humble kid. He loves kevin sumlin & staff. Hes been committed to a & m and has told us all along if sumlins sticks so does he. As a result we hadnt offered. Now cade is decommited & visiting numerous spots. Kid is the truth. Just hope it doesnt cost us. We can only sign what we can. I just dont want him around to beat us if we cant get him. Half the problem is also hes very close with brad johnson & his family as well. In the background that would suck cause of max but as things stand im pretty sure max wont be coming here anyways.

His dad did play for fsu. Who do you think has more pull here? Probably depends a lot on who fsu gets as their coach

Weldon's Dad played for Richt as OC at F$U too and he's here. I would think that Brad Johnson's wife being Richt's sister would also help.

I don't think this year was a wasted opportunity. Richt is a smart man who knew we werent going to win the national championship in 2017. Instead he went with the Qb and starters who gave us the best chance of winning the most and accomplishing our goals. Which were always winning 10 games and winning the coastal.

Richt also knows the impact a 10 win season, plus a major bowl birth, has on recruits. Because we have met our goals this year we are about to sign the best class in 10 years (not sure 9-3 or 8-4 getsnus thensame class). This 2018 class will be the foundation to a real national championship run.

I get everyone is emotional but this year has been a success. Malik wasn't perfect but at times he was very good. That can be said for Manny QB's who this board has idolized during the season. Ups and downs are part of the game, just ask the auburn qb who everyone was in love since the thrashing of Georgia a few weeks ago and the thrashing of Alabama last week. Yesterday he laid an egg just like we did. Except we lost to the national champions of last year and possibly this year again.

As long as we keep improving I'll be a happy canes fan. Was yesterday embarrassing? Fck yea. But more embarrassing is 8 straight loses to the ****tyholes of Florida state, not having a coach and having your class fall apart.

I thank all the seniors who stuck with the U during the bad times and made us proud this year. That's including Malik Rosier.

The future is bright cane fans

Last edited:
I don’t want to speak for Dee but I don’t think he nor did I mean to start Perry from Game one.What I was talking about was weening him in a little at a time to get him game time,to let him play at game speed to see if he was indeed ready.
You bring him along against all the lesser opponents we were playing getting him to a point where you could compare his skills to Rosiers in a game setting.8

THEN by the time you got to the back end of our schedule you’d know if we got to a situation like we’ve been in the last few weeks there’d be an option.Right now we have no one other than Sheriffs and he’s HORRIBLE.Do any of you not think that Perry is good enough that he could have beat Pitt? If you don’t then he’s not the answer either cause anyone that could throw a ball accurately could have won that game for us.

IF Perry is as good as most seem to think he’s 3 and out anyways so what benefit is there of RS him?If he’s not then by that time there’s a lot of other options to turn to in Weldon,Williams or another stud or two. You just wasted a year of his development.A year not necessarily starting but getting meaningful game playing time to at least SEE and make an educated assessment of his talents going forward.What was there to lose?

Guys were yelling to put in the backup last night.We DONT HAVE A BACKUP.At least one that might give you a spark or get you back in the game.
This is where a Perry,who would have had 10-11 games of game time could possibly have made a difference.Maybe maybe not.But because he got none we still don’t know and we will go into the LSU game next year still not knowing,unless Rosier is starting.

That’s what I meant and I THINK Dee meant but again I’m only clarifying what I meant and not speaking for him.Thats whi I think Richt made an error in judgement regarding Perry’s RS But it’s just MY opinion which means very little in the grand scheme of things.
Here's the problem with that plan, we never put any teams away aside from Notre Dame to ease him in. UNC, GT, FSU, Pitt, UVA, Syracuse, I can't remember the rest of the schedule but in almost every game we played we needed 4th quarter heroics to win. So there was never an opportunity to put Perry in. By the time of the ND game, it was useless to burn his redshirt.

The problem as to why we were in that constant position was Rosier sucked for 3/4 of the game.It wouldn’t be like you were pulling out baker mayfield to give him a series or two.

That’s what I meant by seeing if could actually get it done.Who knows maybe he runs the team like it needed to be run and the next thing you know you can feel confident enough to pull Rosier whose definitely not getting it done.

If not all you’ve lost is a couple Of series that chances are Rosier would have had you 3 and out in anyways. But you never know what you got on the sidelines until they come under fire.Most of the time we just needed someone that could throw the **** ball accurately or more than 40 yds in the air cause we’ve had guys running open ALL YEAR that we couldn’t get the ball to.

Last edited:
lol at this thread. Nobody else on this roster was leading us to 10-2. Nkosi ain't going into FSU and winning that game. If we lose that game, our juice is gone, deflated, exhausted. Who knows what would've happened.

This season was a ******* success on all levels. We are back and moving forward we have serious momentum.

Wasted opportunity? See Mullins, Yearby, or Bruce.

Advertisement
I think red shirting N'kosi was the right move. Look at FSU and Blackman, dude has regressed so much since he got his first start. Malik is not the QB of the future but we accomplished a lot of our goals this year. Now N'kosi gets the chance to take the job with a full year under his belt.

Agreed. That is insanely too much pressure to put on a raw Freshman QBs shoulders. Give him a year to adjust to the speed of the game, develop physically, and learn the playbook.

Also, when you play a true Freshman QB, you have made the statement that this will be a throwaway year in terms of record -- a sacrificial learning year for the betterment of next year. Problem with that is we went 8-4 last year, and to go 8-4 this year or worse would destroy all faith and positivity that Richt has built up with our fans.

Our fans are not patient at all. Richt needed to show progress this year, and 10-2 is what we had all realistically hoped for. Only way to achieve that and move the program's chains forward was to start the best experienced QB - Rosier or Sherriffs.

I think Richt made the smart choice.

Now, let's open up the QB competition in the Spring (like we should for all positions), and see what happens.

We won 10 regular season games after canceling a cup cake. We could very well be 11-2 right now with a chance to win 12 games. All while Kosinhas been learning the playbook and getting stronger in the gym.

I said it in a couple of post before the season. This year in 1999. We have a shot against the #6 team in the county to end the season.

lol at this thread. Nobody else on this roster was leading us to 10-2. Nkosi ain't going into FSU and winning that game. If we lose that game, our juice is gone, deflated, exhausted. Who knows what would've happened.

This season was a ******* success on all levels. We are back and moving forward we have serious momentum.

Wasted opportunity? See Mullins, Yearby, or Bruce.

Yep.

Dee I just don't get. Only former player who enjoys bashing the current roster and coaching staff non-stop. I'm friends with Sinorice Moss and it's a night and day difference between the two.

It's bizarre considering Dee wasn't exactly a star player here. He has an agenda and it's obvious. He also wasn't lamenting not playing Perry when we were 10-0. Now of cousre he comes out of the woodwork

Hindsight is not always just 20/20, it's also convenient.

It's also easy to shape stories after the fact. Brooklyn, I know who you are and I respect what you bring, but there is a huge difference between wanting to start Allison IF his skin thickens and wanting to start Allison. I know for a fact your representation of that situation is very skewed. Sorry brother, but it's just not the whole, correct story.

As for the rest, we weren't in a position to worry about next season, we needed some cotdam wins THIS season. After decades of NOTHING but LLLLLLLLsssss... We got 10, maybe 11 of them. That was the goal. Get the players and recruits to buy-in NOW. That's more valuable and forward thinking than just who's QB.

Richt did an awesome job, but we ran out of bullets. We have a month to get some back.

True indeed. Everything being everything as i said im ecstatic with the season we put together. Hindsightbis only convenient,understood. I just hope we didnt sacrifice next year in spite of this one. All we can do now is prepare for jonathan taylor & wisconsin. No arguement or even disagreement with anyones opinions on this. I respect everyones thoughts. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and was able to cherish the family times.

Advertisement
Anyone who watched the games this season with a critical eye could see that Rosier was seriously limited. Do I second guess the decision to start him over Perry? No.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of practice and the football team to really know if Perry was really ready or not. I have to go by what the coaches do and say, they chose Rosier over Perry, that indicates that to me that Rosier was better at that particular time.

Am I mad about a season where we are 10-2 and going to the Orange Bowl? Absolutely not. Could it have ended better? Of course, but after a decade of irrelevance I will not complain about a season like this.

As for starting Perry to get him ready for next year, I am not a fan of that type of stuff. I want to win in the here and now and I want the coaches to play the best player so that we can do that. We can worry about next year when it's next year. That's just my opinion.

Absolutely. To be clear nkosi wasnt ready. Possibly he still isnt. I dont mean to second guess cause im happy with the season we had. Tremendously proud of the boys and all they ALL(malik as well)achieved. It really to me was just about a qb for the future and knowing where we stand. But i can understand the opposite view point as well. Its perfectly logical.

So if there's some stud QB from Georgia who's available in Cade Fortin, why doesn't Richt know about him? Georgia was his back yard for 14 years after all.

He does. Communication is there. Well see what happens is all. Lil richt face timed him last week.

So would Fortin be a guy who could replace Williams in this class or would they take both Fortin and Williams in this class?

Honestly i dont know. If its one or the other at this point i think richt is probably more comfortable with williams simply cause of the dual threat classification. But honestly cade runs just as well. We cant go wrong in richts eyes either way. As its been pointed out to have the options we have this late in the season truly is a gift. Im sure staff will make the right call.

I think richt has done an amazing job this season all things considered. Im not gonna talk about yalls golden boy. Im also gonna warn yall about putting so much on williams shoulders. Alot of people arent too sold on him.kid does have alot of potential so lets just hope for the best. Hes gonna have to fight with nkosi & possibly weldon depending on how his off season goes. Staff loves nkosi & his potential. My one criticism towards staff this year is we really wasted an oppurtunity with nkosi. This schedule was tailor made for him to grow and get his experience in while playing a very mediocre competition level & still keeping us relevant due to our defense. Even if you cant really let him feel himself you gotta give him the basics and do him... Now its simply moving on to next season and a more difficult schedule with a qb who has no game experience regardless who wins. Feel free to start with your rosier is god comments. Ill simply respond to that once. Youre all morons who need to move on to fiu. Cause clearly runner up is great for yall.

If Richt is basing the QB decision on competition, how can he hand N'Kosi the job? I agree the ideal would have been to get Nkosi game-experience this season, but Malik had 1 start and 1year as #2 in Richt's system before he started, and look what he accomplished with limited arm-strength, inconsistent accuracy, questionable decision-making, serviceable agility, low energy, and a below average offensive line.

Jameis, Francios, and QBs from all over the country played well as redshirt freshmen without game experience. If Nkosi or anyone else has "It", they'll beat Malik and ball with a better line, running game, TE & receiving corps.

Will we be ready for the playoffs and winning a natty next season? I'd like to think we could with good health and a little luck. But if not, I hope we play at a higher level and with a consistency that prepares us for the following season when talent and depth won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Unnecessarily aggressive there at the end, but ok.

Fair argument about how the QB spot was handled, but you have to make some big assumptions to think Perry would have done better. As for "golden boy", nobody deserves that until the season is over and we see what they've done (Rosier looked amazing at 10-0, but at 10-3 he wouldn't look so hot. Not that he ever looked like an amazing QB, just that he looked like a winner). I don't buy the idea that this or that guy would have been better or will be better. The truth is that you don't know until they play. You would have said that Rosier could beat Pitt based on what he did in the second half against fsu. Say what you want, but fsu has a much better D than Pitt. Same goes for Perry. He looks the goods, but until he does it on the field we don't know for sure.

Bottom line, I'm happy enough with this season to not question the QB call.

Thats where your misunderstanding me brother. Im not at all saying he wouldve done better or couldve even had the same season or anything relating to that. My sole point is we know rosiers cieling. We knew it coming into the year. Im not gonna argue about how he looked at 10-0 or any other time. To me all i wanted was to see if we have our qb for our future or not because we know rosier isnt that. In my eyes we wouldve had basically the same season as a bottom line no matter who was at the position because of the quality of teams we played. Feel free to look back. I said before we had any clue who the qb would be that i thought we go 10-2 at worst. Id agree on no need for aggression either but on here that seems the norm. If people dont agree they simply attack u.

I understand this Dee, but from my viewpoint the upside of starting Rosier and not rolling Kosi out is...

We didn't show our hand too much to the recruits. If we rolled with Kosi and he absolutely sucked (much like Blackmon up north did) couldn't it be possible that kids could have been turned away? So now they can at least look at the team and think we overachieved with a ****ty QB...and we have some badasses in the holster for next season.

Also we didn't risk causing a regression in Perry if he started too early, not knowing the playbook as you said, and having the entire fanbase turn on him. This can damage a kid's psyche before he even gets going...

These are my thoughts. What do you think about em? I enjoyed the journey this season, just not the end result thus far. I was never fully sold on Rosier, but the team around him (specifically the D) was badass enough to get us into the CFP conversation. Which is more than I imagined before the season started. It also has brought us a very nice recruiting class.

I agree on everything you said. All valid points. I loved the season as a whole. I loved seeing the progressions we made & the developement of some players we had all gave up on. Myself specifically. Redwine more than anyone. At points this season i wouldve taken a bat to his legs. But these last several games hes came out with a whole different attitude towards the game. Hes came out with that hitstick and been laying wood to the best of his abilities. All we can ask for. I suppose that should be my outlook towards rosier as well. He played to the best of his abilities and i honestly believe he did do that. We just needed more out of the position. I know to plenty im just some ***** whois far too harsh on this kid. Maybe thats valid...

Nah man you love your Canes, and have a ton more invested in them than any of us. I get the passion. I think you're right about Rosier, I think he gave us everything he had...its just unfortunately not enough. The point on Redwine is valid. You saw him, and alot of kids grow up quickly this year. It will pay dividends in the future.

Who isn't sold on Jarren Williams?

Kid looks like a great prospect and I haven't heard a negative review about him. If Perry is really as good as you say playing this year shouldn't affect next year.

Plenty of RS Freshman have balled out without playing their first year.

Weird post dude. You managed to **** on all of our QB options next year except Weldon. Maybe worry about WR instead. Outside of Pope we don't have any instant impact recruits coming in. Need another WR who can play as a freshman

All i can say on that is up till a few weeks ago i KNOW max wants to go elsewhere. Well just have to see.

We need someone to step up next season at QB.

God **** UGA has a true freshman leading them to the CFB Playoffs this year, a 5* QB sitting the bench and another 5* DT QB coming in 2018.

Dee, Ive probably asked you about it before, but OldhamA's comment made me think of it again. After spending all those years in Georgia, I kinda figured he would continue to recruit the state, fairly aggressively. I'm THRILLED that Richt and his staff have done so well in Florida, specifically south Florida. But unfortunately there are just some positions we have to recruit outside of south Florida. So any idea why he hasn't gone after very many Georgia recruits? I know we just got a commitment from George and it looks like Williams is ours to lose. But those 2 kinda prove my point. Williams wasn't our top QB target until recently. Its not like other teams aren't going in there and signing guys. I think Georgia only has commitments from something like... 4 of the top 34 in the state (as of right now). So i don't understand why there hasn't been any georgia recruits, that he identified and stayed on from day one of the recruiting year. Any idea?

Specifically no answer but indo know he still targets georgia pretty heavily. Its not like hes neglected there. Richt is just very numbers oriented & based upon the allotment we have for the position & the options available depends where he goes. For instance this year florida is pretty loaded at what were targeting in this class wr,rb,db. If it wasnt so laded im confident he wouldve hit up ga more heavily.

Advertisement
Back