Washington transfer DB Mishael Powell commits to Canes

View as article
Advertisement
BylsmaPump.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
The safety room is starting to look good.

Mishael Powell RSR 6-1 210

Isaiah Taylor RJR 5-11 200

Jaden Harris RSO 6-0 195

Savion Riley RSO 6-2 202

Markeith Williams RSO 6-2 180 (Hopefully he can get to 190 by fall)

Kaleb Spencer RFR 6-2 210

Zaquan Patterson FR 6-0 185

Isaiah Thomas FR 6-2 205

Having all of these guys on campus for the spring is going to be huge for competition for the spring. The depth is really starting to get to a championship level. Powell, Riley, and Patterson have the potential to transform this room and allow this staff to go 3 deep (pause) if necessary.
I think Powell plays more nickel this year and as brown and Porter lock up this corners spots. At saftey Harris is super consistent and Riley could and Spencer are head hunters for sure!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Powell plays more nickel this year and as brown and Porter lock up this corners spots. At saftey Harris is super consistent and Riley could and Spencer are head hunters for sure!
Yeah, I originally thought safety all day but here is his snap count by alignment this year.

ALIGNMENT SNAP COUNTS
DL - 78
BOX - 165
FS - 122
SLOT - 477
CNR - 34

This kid played everywhere but most of it was in the slot. Still tons of snaps in the box and at FS. Savion Riley played almost exclusively at FS so you’d imagine that’s where he may end up over time.

I think Meash ends up playing slot and in the box a ton again this year. Takes Jaden Davis’ spot but brings a lot more versatility if injuries hit the group.

Advertisement
Back