Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
the reputation of being somewhat of a hopper/job-climber.

This is one of those silly things that people keep parroting about Kiffin. Kiffin has "job-hopped" once in his career, when he left Tennessee for USC after 1 yr (btw Kiffin stayed at Tennessee 100x longer than Mario stayed at UM when he got hired by Al Golden). Kiffin put in 3 years at FAU, with 2 10 win seasons, then he got the opportunity to rebuild a broken Ole Miss program. Putting in 3 years at a low tier G5 and leaving for a SEC program is not evidence that he's a coaching mercenary.

I ain’t nitpicking **** I’m addressing what you said which was wrong. If you meant to say starters then you should’ve just clarified even though we’re likely looking at starting atleast 10 transfer next season.

Now, Find me where I argued in this thread or any other that Mario is not a great recruiter or that Lane is even an average recruiter.
What 10 portal guys from this yr are we starting? 2 on offense, maybe 3-5 on defense?

I think it was very obvious what I was saying. Whether I said 10 starters or 15 portal players per year or any number that is considered high while not recruiting HS well was the obvious point.

What 10 portal guys from this yr are we starting? 2 on offense, maybe 3-5 on defense?

I think it was very obvious what I was saying. Whether I said 10 starters or 15 portal players per year or any number that is considered high while not recruiting HS well was the obvious point.

"Do you don't go to the circus and entertain the clowns" - Kevin Hart

Advertisement
Once again, the keyboard is not your friend. Pictures are better for people of your capacity
Animated GIF

First you said 10 players, then 10 starters now it’s 10 starters that were brought in this year when we’re not even done in the portal btw??? What’s next 10 starters who were brought in during the first portal window, who are all sociology majors and share the same March Birthday??

IMG_2710.gif

First you said 10 players, then 10 starters now it’s 10 starters that were brought in this year when we’re not even done in the portal btw??? What’s next 10 starters who were brought in during the first portal window, who are all sociology majors and share the same March Birthday??

View attachment 280753
Will soon be 10 players that wear the same number.

View attachment 280753
Actually no I said yearly from the original post you initially responded to

"Having to rely on the portal for 10 players yearly isn’t a good strategy from a “great recruiter""

In my first response to I literally said
"Would you have been happier if I said 10+ starters yearly?"

But sure I'm moving goal posts lol.

Advertisement
Maybe, SOMETIMES, people just want to talk about Lane Kiffin because it’s all over these **** boards and it has nothing to do with Mario. @cway313 does have a point with that argument.

Actually no I said yearly from the original post you initially responded to... But sure I'm moving goal posts lol.
"Having to rely on the portal for 10 players yearly isn’t a good strategy from a “great recruiter""
Which YOU then changed to 10+ starters to now 10+ starters brought in yearly. Yes you are moving the goalpost and as I said were not done in the portal and can easily bring in another 2-3 starters in the spring window which even by your ever changing calculations puts us at 7-10 new starters brought in through the portal just this year. Regardless, you said something wrong and I cracked a joke about it correcting it but IRDGAF about Lane or how he builds his roster. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a wall. I'll let you get back to telling everyone how the staff doesn't trust a RS Freshmen OT coming off injury because they saw an opportunity to improve the OG spot by bringing in a veteran OG and said OT should likely portal out because he's a waste of money.

Advertisement
Which YOU then changed to 10+ starters to now 10+ starters brought in yearly. Yes you are moving the goalpost and as I said were not done in the portal and can easily bring in another 2-3 starters in the spring window which even by your ever changing calculations puts us at 7-10 new starters brought in through the portal just this year. Regardless, you said something wrong and I cracked a joke about it correcting it but IRDGAF about Lane or how he builds his roster. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a wall. I'll let you get back to telling everyone how the staff doesn't trust a RS Freshmen OT coming off injury because they saw an opportunity to improve the OG spot by bringing in a veteran OG and said OT should likely portal out because he's a waste of money.
....no I literally didn't lol. I literally quoted what I wrote in the original and my initial response both stating YEARLY. You're choosing to ignore that lol. Just think of what the entire point I was making was. When you don't recruit has well you have to hit the portal YEARLY for a lot of starters. Lol

Advertisement
Absolutely. Rutgers had an NFL CB opt out of bowl game. That was it. One player. They were basically whole, and super motivated. They were playing basically a home game against name brand they had never beaten. We were a shell of our team. Half the starters quit after BC game.

Rutgers played a very tough schedule, and they were pretty competitive. They had a top 15-20 defense, and a good RB.

We were without:

TVD
Fletcher got hurt on 2nd play
Chaney
Smith
Colbie
Cohen
Lee

Taylor
Kam
James
Harvey
Chantz
Harris-injured?
Mesidor-injured
Kelly-injured

We literally had NO backup DE's for the game.

We started 2 true freshman DE's, and I think Bain played every snap.

Wayne would go to sideline we would go to a 3 man front we had no backups.

We started 2 small slot CB's at safety.

We started a QB that had not taken a snap in a game all season. We still only lost by a TD with Jacurri throwing a terrible INT, and having a blocked punt in the end zone.

when game was announced we were favored, when all the transfer and opt outs hit, Rutgers became the favorite. There was a reason for that.

The lineup we rolled out in the bowl game would have been a 3-9 type team.
TVD aka Tyler Van Yikes not playing was a bad thing????? Ain’t no way! I almost stopped reading after I saw his name 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back