Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Timo what’s the word?
He's back in seattle. Talking with the important people in his life. Maybe he announces a decision late tonight but I don't think so. I think he sleeps on it one more night and wakes up with a clear mind and heart and makes his decision early Wednesday. I will stick by this: the longer it goes, the more I like Miami. Stay tuned folks. If you want to help in any way, go to Twitter (X) and show him the love. #NateKalepoToTheU ... Let him know TheU is family

Advertisement
I think you should check their portal list bud lol.

They have a Mario Cristobal recruited qb for what its worth.

Their new rbs was one of our starters at a time in Chaney and they got the Mac offensive player of the year in Toledo running back Peny Boone.
At wr they added
Jacorey Brooks who we know to be a solid player

and a guy from Tuskeegee who might be a sleeper.

They got 3 te's including Jaleel Skinner from us.

They loaded up in the portal to make a move. they really choked the acc away this szn so we shall see.

What they did to us on offense last year was impressive to see live...dude drew up whatever he wanted and got whatever he wanted

Brohm is impressive. Chaney and Skinner hurts. I still think adding 26 already from the portal is too disruptive and that they actually take a step back . But I concede they’re dangerous and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

We’re still the best team in our schedule IMO. And I don’t think we’re done yet. Yeah I said it.

we lost to ga tech with whomeever they had...and Louisville is primed to win the acc.

Clemson wont take a step back this go. I havent checked on Nc much and Norvell is 10+ back to back at fsu but i expect a step back a lil.

We mich could make a move this year man.
We will at the very least be in the acccg this season. None of those games did we lose because the qb did something extravagant. Tech was pure stupidity and a horrible game by Tyler that we still should've obviously won & we lost to Louisville over a tight end...

He's back in seattle. Talking with the important people in his life. Maybe he announces a decision late tonight but I don't think so. I think he sleeps on it one more night and wakes up with a clear mind and heart and makes his decision early Wednesday. I will stick by this: the longer it goes, the more I like Miami. Stay tuned folks. If you want to help in any way, go to Twitter (X) and show him the love. #NateKalepoToTheU ... Let him know TheU is family
Done!

I don’t think it was premature at all.

In 2022, he would’ve played near the end of the year as a True Fr but ended up getting hurt. That spring, Miami brought in Cohen.

In 2023, he competed and beat Okunlola coming out of camp for the 6th man/swing role and to me played really well when he was on the field in sub packages and in the bowl game.

I will concede that I am a bit nervous about the sudden pursuit of Bell last year, and now the transfer UW LG in the portal. I don’t know what it says about Kinsler and McCoy; but I would wait until after spring to see how that competition shakes out.
All it tells me is that Mario and Mirabal are willing to upgrade the roster no matter what. That man from Washington has that man strength. Only gave up one Sack all year right?? He’d be a proven/experienced monster addition and it’s why he is a hot commodity. Not trying to downplay our guys but that’s a Big Man💪🏾

Advertisement
All it tells me is that Mario and Mirabal are willing to upgrade the roster no matter what. That man from Washington has that man strength. Only gave up one Sack all year right?? He’d be a proven/experienced monster addition and it’s why he is a hot commodity. Not trying to downplay our guys but that’s a Big Man💪🏾
@Confidence1000, your work is never done.

Kiffin's not a good recruiter.

If the kid wants to go to Ole **** with two other teammates, and Miami only has one spot, then we lose.

Who has three open Portal slots this late? Oh, yeah, a coach who can't recruit well.
Yes Lane can definitely recruit but I do agree that them Washington Men might want to play together at Ole Miss

Say brother! Idk what u got goin on or what type of time ur on & that’s ur business. But Scott Wanna talk to ya!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Yo! Hit the button PAL

Advertisement
So much raw emotion in this thread. Also, I am the Village Idiot @cway313 . Please try not to take that title from me.

@TheOriginalCane is correct that a great recruiter wouldn’t have 3 spots for all those Washington guys. Kirby, Saban, and Day aren’t making room for 2 extras. Remember now, we are talking about recruiting prowess and Mario is in that company.

As @Brooklyndee has pointed out, Mario is drastically improving our roster. Hopefully we recruit well and process the kids that don’t pan out. Sometimes we won’t have room for someone that may/may not start. This is a good thing.

There are also several ways to win in CFB right now as @gogeta4 points out. I agree that Lane is a good recruiter. It also takes money and/or some recruiting acumen to be able to land these portal kids. Also, at some point, winning will entice the high school kids too. I think I still take the program builder over a portal coach, but it’s not always black and white. Great recruiters will and should be able to do both.

Did you not witness last season? FSU was a house of cards. Once all their portal guys bounced when they didn't make the playoffs they were just a shell of a team. All it took was their QB to go down and it all unraveled.
Lol did you see OUR team in OUR the bowl game? We lost to Rutgers. They lost to Georgia.

The House of Cards was undefeated and beat Lville without Travis to win the ACC. Their D was legit and their O was well-coached.

Until proven otherwise you cannot count out FSU or ignore the success Norvell found by leaning into the portal.

With that being said... I don't think anyone in the country is better at building a roster than Mario. Other than Kirby Smart who has National Championships to sell. If Mario wins big this year I do believe we are looking at a dynasty run.

Advertisement
Yea with x and os he’s definitely the best I saw last season and they recruit pretty decently. And they attack the portal
Loserville has the 57th ranked HS class. That’s decent?

They have a a few portal players that are solid. No idea what their OL/DL will be and Brohm is a solid HC. That said, Canes are better and should not lose to them. They do, and it’s on Cristobal.

So much raw emotion in this thread. Also, I am the Village Idiot @cway313 . Please try not to take that title from me.

@TheOriginalCane is correct that a great recruiter wouldn’t have 3 spots for all those Washington guys. Kirby, Saban, and Day aren’t making room for 2 extras. Remember now, we are talking about recruiting prowess and Mario is in that company.

As @Brooklyndee has pointed out, Mario is drastically improving our roster. Hopefully we recruit well and process the kids that don’t pan out. Sometimes we won’t have room for someone that may/may not start. This is a good thing.

There are also several ways to win in CFB right now as @gogeta4 points out. I agree that Lane is a good recruiter. It also takes money and/or some recruiting acumen to be able to land these portal kids. Also, at some point, winning will entice the high school kids too. I think I still take the program builder over a portal coach, but it’s not always black and white. Great recruiters will and should be able to do both.
So you start off by saying having 3 spots available (Ole Miss) means you're not a great recruiter. While the initial quote and discussion centered around "bad recruiter". Then you end by agreeing Lane Kiffin (also Ole Miss) is a good recruiter. Thank you for clearing that up, TOC would be proud.

So you start off by saying having 3 spots available (Ole Miss) means you're not a great recruiter. While the initial quote and discussion centered around "bad recruiter". Then you end by agreeing Lane Kiffin (also Ole Miss) is a good recruiter. Thank you for clearing that up, TOC would be proud.
Now you are the one moving the goal posts. Mario is GREAT. Lane is GOOD. An elite/great recruiter doesn’t have a bunch of spots open after signing day.

Advertisement
Lol did you see OUR team in OUR the bowl game? We lost to Rutgers. They lost to Georgia.

The House of Cards was undefeated and beat Lville without Travis to win the ACC. Their D was legit and their O was well-coached.

Until proven otherwise you cannot count out FSU or ignore the success Norvell found by leaning into the portal.

With that being said... I don't think anyone in the country is better at building a roster than Mario. Other than Kirby Smart who has National Championships to sell. If Mario wins big this year I do believe we are looking at a dynasty run.
It's ok to acknowledge that the portal strategy has some merit while simultaneously pointing out that Norvell specifically had an insane amount of luck on his side for all his portal adds to hit and stay healthy. But we saw how truly vulnerable they actually were when adversity hit. This season will be an interesting one for them to see if some of their hs recruits actually start getting more PT or if they continue with the portal or bust model.

You're such a defensive crybaby.

Stop making so many terrible porsts and stick to your memes. You're not that great at memes, either, but they are better than your porsts.

Did you not witness last season? FSU was a house of cards. Once all their portal guys bounced when they didn't make the playoffs they were just a shell of a team. All it took was their QB to go down and it all unraveled.
They still are. The portal additions for them are Mid at best. They're about to take a huge step back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back