Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Dogs GIF
the Copycat cover version doesn’t hit the same bro

Advertisement
Pretty sure trying to convince players to choose your school over another school is recruiting

I’m cool with Mario putting more of an emphasis on high school than portal and going all in for a guy like Cam but portal recruiting will continue to be a struggle as long as we struggle with things to offer them

@Dwinstitles has always been right that for high school recruiting wins aren’t always the most important thing, but portal mercenaries are gonna want to win and get drafted. Pretty simple

Pretty sure trying to convince players to choose your school over another school is recruiting

I’m cool with Mario putting more of an emphasis on high school than portal and going all in for a guy like Cam but portal recruiting will continue to be a struggle as long as we struggle with things to offer them

@Dwinstitles has always been right that for high school recruiting wins aren’t always the most important thing, but portal mercenaries are gonna want to win and get drafted. Pretty simple
Yup they made their bank already, unless they fringe players like Payton from fsu ain’t no one offering a bag for a 70 pound DE. Not no elite schools at least, he just hustled fsu to up that bag. Business man

Lol, no one should be overthinking this. This began with leaving spots open equates to being a bad recruiter. The plot got lost along the way.

Advertisement
THIS. People remember Manny focusing on Deandre Johnson instead of Jermaine Johnson and say "portal bad." It's the entire basis for the "iTs nOt SUstAinaBle" crowd, all because Manny wasn't capable of sustaining it. Meanwhile, they memory wipe Roche, King, Rambo, Stevenson, etc...
I've known thats what its been the whole time which is why i keep going at those that nit pick portal guys and have some sort of holier than though thought proces son yea...WERE doing it the RIGHT WAY type of vibe..IT IS NO RIGHT WAY...its variables based on YOUR TEAM, recruiting base, conference, rivals etc.

They attack Deion for it..Double their wins...attack Lane for it. just keeps winning)...Prison Mike sucks..10+ wins 2 years in a row...at some point they are going to realize Hey......just mayyyybeee... lol

After stacking classes we are likely like the UGA'S, OSU's where u may fill 2-3 holes or beter talent at certain spots...but the catch 22 is...YOU HAVE TO WIN ...to stack classes on top of classes.

I've known thats what its been the whole time which is why i keep going at those that nit pick portal guys and have some sort of holier than though thought proces son yea...WERE doing it the RIGHT WAY type of vibe..IT IS NO RIGHT WAY...its variables based on YOUR TEAM, recruiting base, conference, rivals etc.

They attack Deion for it..Double their wins...attack Lane for it. just keeps winning)...Prison Mike sucks..10+ wins 2 years in a row...at some point they are going to realize Hey......just mayyyybeee... lol

After stacking classes we are likely like the UGA'S, OSU's where u may fill 2-3 holes or beter talent at certain spots...but the catch 22 is...YOU HAVE TO WIN ...to stack classes on top of classes.
The ring leaders just conflate the facts and change the arguments. Sad state of affairs.

Not translating 10 win seasons into Top 15 recruiting classes is indicative that the HC doesn't care about HS recruiting, is not skilled at it, or a combination of both.

Not here to jump in the comprehensive argument, but certainly agree with TOC on this.

PS: I also dislike Lame...a lot. Biased, yes, but seeing him win 10 games twice at Ole Miss and not translating it to HS recruiting dominance is an undeniable issue. Ole Miss won 10 games in 2021 and finished 27th in HS rankings. 11 games this year and finished 17th. If that happened at Miami, we'd question Mario big-time. It's something that would happen to Manny Diaz. Win 10 games and still lose out on big-time kids.

PSS: If Mario/Miami wins 10 this year, we will be gunning for the #1 class and have a legit chance at it.
In the top 10 of guys for the state of Miss...OLE MISS got 5 of them. Thats a 50% hit. Thats actually pretty good for them this class.

There were 11 4 stars in the whole state....There may have been more 4-5 stars in a regular friday night game between Miami Central VS Chaminade that occurred this fail.

They are not playing on the same plain i thought you would understand this being from Kansas man.

Whats been their portal rankings?.

Advertisement
In the top 10 of guys for the state of Miss...OLE MISS got 5 of them. Thats a 50% hit. Thats actually pretty good for them this class.

There were 11 4 stars in the whole state....There may have been more 4-5 stars in a regular friday night game between Miami Central VS Chaminade that occurred this fail.

They are not playing on the same plain i thought you would understand this being from Kansas man.

Whats been their portal rankings?.
If the word “Lane” is used everyone just gets all up in their feelings

It’s like using PFF stats when it’s convenient

of course..but would you rather have OSU and UGA's winning or Ole Miss' winning? There is a way to do it that is more sustainable which is why you see OSU and UGA more often in the playoff run than not. Ole Miss on the other hand....

Advertisement
of course..but would you rather have OSU and UGA's winning or Ole Miss' winning? There is a way to do it that is more sustainable which is why you see OSU and UGA more often in the playoff run than not. Ole Miss on the other hand....
ummm no.

UGA won by buying up al the talent and THEN winning (also being in a weak division in the sec). They are also in a sustainable FOOTBALL state and located next to multiple FOOTBALL STATES like ours that will always supplement them.

Ohio State has NO competition in state...and only 1 competition maybe in the entire midwest for their recruits in Michigan.

This is why i say....VARIABLES.

I rather just WIN.... all that sustainable talk is just bs so you guys can deflect and state give MC more time he is building something because he didnt come out the gate firing win wise. Yall have no clue if its sustainable or not and the two guys yall are questioning sustainability have won 10+ twice in the last 3 soooo.....help me figure out.

Advertisement

I mean, he’s not wrong of course you could make room. But why would we make room for 3 Washington linemen when we only want 1? Mario already needs to find 7 or so spots, so the next few portalers need to be really big differentiators. Like a WR1 or CB1.

Yup they made their bank already, unless they fringe players like Payton from fsu ain’t no one offering a bag for a 70 pound DE. Not no elite schools at least, he just hustled fsu to up that bag. Business man
All fsu players do, Darrell Jackson and Josh farmer both finessed fsu back to back years

I mean, he’s not wrong of course you could make room. But why would we make room for 3 Washington linemen when we only want 1? Mario already needs to find 7 or so spots, so the next few portalers need to be really big differentiators. Like a WR1 or CB1.
He changed the argument to something I never discussed in order to be right. I dismissed it as you should as well. Unless you think it means you are a bad recruiter for having 3 spots available in January we got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back