Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't! Portal heavy. FSU style. Going for the ONE big year. They don't play Alabama, Tennessee or Texas this year. This is their year to do it or they never will
1 big year?.

Ole Miss has won 10+ games twice in the last 3 and 8 last year.

They seem to be winning.

I honestly am HOPING we win 8+ this year..

He obviously can. He stated his recruiting process 3 years ago and could care less and stated it would be portal heavy, because there isnt enough instate talent to suffice both miss state and him and the rest of the sec that dips in there. Ole Miss has historically ALWAYS been a portal team they funded their rosters with Miss Jucos for 30+ years.

The Lane cant recruit was a myth pushed lol.

Advertisement
Agree. The last sentence is all I am saying. Something is up. McCoy is going into his 3rd year. Im just saying we shouldnt be recruiting around him right now. The UW LG is coming to start. (If he comes) Not compete. So that means McCoy wont be in the starting 5 in his 3rd year. (Rivers-Kalepo-Carpenter-Cooper-Mauigua) That is a little concerning. But we will see how Spring goes.

Not sure if anything is up, but recruiting over players is perfectly fine by me.

Agree. The last sentence is all I am saying. Something is up. McCoy is going into his 3rd year. Im just saying we shouldnt be recruiting around him right now. The UW LG is coming to start. (If he comes) Not compete. So that means McCoy wont be in the starting 5 in his 3rd year. (Rivers-Kalepo-Carpenter-Cooper-Mauigua) That is a little concerning. But we will see how Spring goes.
He wasnt expected to be....until now anyway.
You listed 5 nfl lineman...lol

This isnt Butch Barry's unit my man. He was a developmental guy thats ahead of schedule. I have no clue why LUIS CRISTOBAL played so much in the bowl game but maybe because he knws the hc

Advertisement
I think it’s ideal, not concerning

But who knows you may be right

Even if he doesn’t come, McCoy isn’t a guaranteed starter. Rivers could potentially move to guard this upcoming season, which is where a lot of scouts see him playing.

I don’t think it was premature at all.

In 2022, he would’ve played near the end of the year as a True Fr but ended up getting hurt. That spring, Miami brought in Cohen.

In 2023, he competed and beat Okunlola coming out of camp for the 6th man/swing role and to me played really well when he was on the field in sub packages and in the bowl game.

I will concede that I am a bit nervous about the sudden pursuit of Bell last year, and now the transfer UW LG in the portal. I don’t know what it says about Kinsler and McCoy; but I would wait until after spring to see how that competition shakes out.
These are what top programs do, they bring in crazy talent to compete. Just because we brought in Bell and potentially the UW LG, doesn’t mean they’re guaranteed starters. This will push current players such as Kinsler, McCoy and Samson. People on this site seem to be but hurt that McCoy has to fight for a starting spot

Advertisement
I don’t think it was premature at all.

In 2022, he would’ve played near the end of the year as a True Fr but ended up getting hurt. That spring, Miami brought in Cohen.

In 2023, he competed and beat Okunlola coming out of camp for the 6th man/swing role and to me played really well when he was on the field in sub packages and in the bowl game.

I will concede that I am a bit nervous about the sudden pursuit of Bell last year, and now the transfer UW LG in the portal. I don’t know what it says about Kinsler and McCoy; but I would wait until after spring to see how that competition shakes out.
I wonder what Mario’s historical OL number look like. If he ideally prefers 8-9 guys who are ready to play then Bell and this transfer would make sense.

The line also stayed relatively healthy all year last year. Odds are that will be tough to replicate. If you plug this kid into the equation at worst you’ve got an above average replacement, no matter who is the starter.

These are what top programs do, they bring in crazy talent to compete. Just because we brought in Bell and potentially the UW LG, doesn’t mean they’re guaranteed starters. This will push current players such as Kinsler, McCoy and Samson. People on this site seem to be but hurt that McCoy has to fight for a starting spot
Mario has major flaws, but building, developing and managing an OL room ain’t one of them. I trust him in that regard.

To be fair none of us really remember what it’s like to have a legit two deep

Advertisement
Hes going into his 3rd year and we are still recruiting around him. And did he even play significant minutes in the bowl game? I am not saying he should be processed out...but something is up...
Idk how to tell you this but you try to overrecruit every player on your roster. Thats how you stack talent and depth. You don't build a juggernaut by recruiting 1 great player every couple years and them jags to back him up so he doesn't transfer. That's a weak *** mentality to think like that

Idk how to tell you this but you try to overrecruit every player on your roster. Thatd how you stack talent and depth. You don't build a juggernaut by recruiting 1 great player every couple years and them jags to back him up so he doesn't transfer. That's a weak *** mentality to think like that
Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

Idk how to tell you this but you try to overrecruit every player on your roster. Thats how you stack talent and depth. You don't build a juggernaut by recruiting 1 great player every couple years and them jags to back him up so he doesn't transfer. That's a weak *** mentality to think like that
Mario is constantly trying to improve the team. If you look back at the failures here, Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz all essentially had(at least by #s) 1 good recruiting class, then it all fell apart. Mario is constantly trying to improve the roster. Whether he can coach or not is different, but as Kirby said, you have to be a great recruiter to win big.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back