Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
K'
1706017427533.png

People been hyping McCoy like crazy on this site. Sounds like that was premature. I honestly would love for Bell or Samson to show out in the Spring and take that other OT spot and slide Rivers to OG....But that is wishful thinking im sure. Its funny how we have come to the point where we actually might need this guy because McCoy isnt progressing like we thought he should going into his 3rd year.

People been hyping McCoy like crazy on this site. Sounds like that was premature. I honestly would love for Bell or Samson to show out in the Spring and take that other OT spot and slide Rivers to OG....But that is wishful thinking im sure. Its funny how we have come to the point where we actually might need this guy because McCoy isnt progressing like we thought he should going into his 3rd year.
Who is saying McCoy isn’t progressing? He was a 3 star developmental tackle, who played above his grade early, but he was always a developmental piece and was recruited with that in mind.

The Ole Miss 247 mod might be a bigger tool than any of the FSU toolbags. He keeps saying that Miami 'never should have let Kalepo leave without committing', which is insinuating that our staff passed on him LOL.

Advertisement

I don’t think it was premature at all.

In 2022, he would’ve played near the end of the year as a True Fr but ended up getting hurt. That spring, Miami brought in Cohen.

In 2023, he competed and beat Okunlola coming out of camp for the 6th man/swing role and to me played really well when he was on the field in sub packages and in the bowl game.

I will concede that I am a bit nervous about the sudden pursuit of Bell last year, and now the transfer UW LG in the portal. I don’t know what it says about Kinsler and McCoy; but I would wait until after spring to see how that competition shakes out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who is saying McCoy isn’t progressing? He was a 3 star developmental tackle, who played above his grade early, but he was always a developmental piece and was recruited with that in mind.
Hes going into his 3rd year and we are still recruiting around him. And did he even play significant minutes in the bowl game? I am not saying he should be processed out...but something is up...

I don’t think it was premature at all.

In 2022, he would’ve played near the end of the year as a True Fr but ended up getting hurt. That spring, Miami brought in Cohen.

In 2023, he competed and beat Okunlola coming out of camp for the 6th man/swing role and to me played really well when he was on the field in sub packages and in the bowl game.

I will concede that I am a bit nervous about the sudden pursuit of Bell last year, and now the transfer UW LG in the portal. I don’t know what it says about Kinsler and McCoy; but I would wait until after spring to see how that competition shakes out.
Agree. The last sentence is all I am saying. Something is up. McCoy is going into his 3rd year. Im just saying we shouldnt be recruiting around him right now. The UW LG is coming to start. (If he comes) Not compete. So that means McCoy wont be in the starting 5 in his 3rd year. (Rivers-Kalepo-Carpenter-Cooper-Mauigua) That is a little concerning. But we will see how Spring goes.

Advertisement
This is a "gravy" kid, IMO. I'd love to have him to bridge the gap from Cohen but I'm also not gonna tear my hair out if he lands with Lane.

Shore up the numbers, grab another spring portal DB and/or WR, maybe flip Riley back and let's roll.

keeping clicks going

Im probably wrong but I dont know why we wouldnt still be in it. An islander visits Miami then is blown away by Oxford Mississippi? O-line is the one thing Mario gets right and you can't negative recruit. Let's be real its getting to the NFL > winning for these kids now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back