Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I can only speak for myself, but I don’t think we’ve understood how incredible it’s gonna be having horses in the stable every season from here on out. Everything is easier on offense the better your OL is. We haven’t seen this since Stoutland was here.

If you maintain talent and development and DEPTH up front, you will be in every game.
Exactly. Let this guy sit behind Lou for a year and he will be opening running lanes for Rodney Hill in no time

Wasn’t it Lane who said if you’re an OL you should go play for Mario??

season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

I can only speak for myself, but I don’t think we’ve understood how incredible it’s gonna be having horses in the stable every season from here on out. Everything is easier on offense the better your OL is. We haven’t seen this since Stoutland was here.

If you maintain talent and development and DEPTH up front, you will be in every game.
Yep. Same is happening on the DL. Got all-conference DEs transferring in to compete with the other two all-conference DEs & 4/5 top 100 prospects. May the best man win.

Advertisement
You have voiced you're concerns on this a few time. I think this topic can go up there with the what are we going to do with 1 Ov left and we are 5 or so scholarships over the max. Mario seems to do 1 thing really well and that's roster management. Last months worry on the board was we only had Jacurri and a 1 armed emory for the spring.
The thing is you don't know what a 18-21 year old is going to do. Guys can leave at any time. It's a risk of adding 1 and losing 2 that you didn't want to lose.

It's in Mario's hands. In Mario we trust. Just have to see how it plays out.

The McCoy thing was strange. All season long he was our 6th OL and got more snaps then anybody outside of the starting 5. In the Temple game he shared snaps at LG with Cohen. Everything tells you that McCoy will be our starting LG next season but then gets benched in the first half against Rutgers. That one threw me off
Yes, maybe he did something during bowl week that got him benched.

We'll just have to wait until Spring practices end. See how the depth chart plays kit and who hits the portal.

PFF has his pass block at 61.1 and run block at 53.1. Gonna go watch film but doesnt make much sense why his grades are so low if its true he only gave up 1 (2 as seen in the michigan video) sack(s) and 16 pressures all season

QB hurries

Reactions: E1k
The young guys should get snaps in the 3rd and 4th quarter when we blowout the teams we should blow out
That's not really getting experience. True experience is gained playing when the game matters and hasn't been decided. Guys have to be part of a regular rotation.

Advertisement
In today’s game if they leave, you replace them with experience from the portal.
That's just a bandaid. You lose the foundation of your recruiting classes. You wind up with a team of transfers and young players behind them never matriculating those players from your top 5 and top 10 classes into juniors and seniors.

Sooner or later you start looking like FSU, which I called a sugar coated topping. Just the icing with no cake. They had no cake because their depth players were from recruiting classes 19-23. We'd have better younger players, but it doesn't matter if they never make it onto the field because they sit and then transfer out.

Advertisement
That's just a bandaid. You lose the foundation of your recruiting classes. You wind up with a team of transfers and young players behind them never matriculating those players from your top 5 and top 10 classes into juniors and seniors.

Sooner or later you start looking like FSU, which I called a sugar coated topping. Just the icing with no cake. They had no cake because their depth players were from recruiting classes 19-23. We'd have better younger players, but it doesn't matter if they never make it onto the field because they sit and then transfer out.
It’s not one or the other. If young players are developing but not ready, you fill holes through the portal. You still recruit the next group of top HS talent with hopes of developing. It’s a weeding, balanced and evolving process. In today’s game, get used to a revolving door of players - whether Texas, Alabama, Georgia. Question of who best handles roster management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back