Washington Recommits

Advertisement
I agree with you. I don't see LB ever with him. I also think he's a kid that we are taking to mold for 2020 (ST at most) and then 2021 let him battle for his spot. We don't have to rely on him for really anything until 2 years from now unless he just flashes and then it's something you take as a bonus. 2 years down the road 20-25 pounds of good weight on the kid, lets see what happens.

Yep i agree and im all for that.

I like the length they are getting in the defensive backfield. I think Washington has the frame to get up to 200pds though.

Washington reminds me alot of Sheldrick Redwine and i'd take that in every class. He may be a little stiffer though.

Gimme that length and long arms to pair with Tennison and company. I think this DB class will be A1

So why did we take branch, because to keep it real they both have the same skill set, and that is to thrive at the striker position, unless he somehow gains 30lbs his senior year, then I do not like this take.
Welcome any 4 star that Manny and staff want. Go canes!

Advertisement
i think people are getting too hung up on positions. it seems to me that the staff is trying to get a bunch of guys who are hybrid safety types to fill out the middle of the defense. manny always says that he wants his defense to make the offense uncomfortable, and my guess is that his reaction to modern offenses is a defense with several hybrid players on the field at once. i don't think the staff sits around arguing about which players fit which positions as much as people on this message board do.

personally, i think it's clear that washington isn't an elite athlete but he looks like a playmaker based off his tape. this staff likes safeties that are always around the ball.

He's not very fast at the 175-180 he is at now. It literally doesnt make much sense imo. If you like him as a STRIKER...then i get it. He sort of plays that role at South Dade. That being said..you allow Branch in more so as a CB prospect then imo.

That being said this defensive class aint gonna be caught with their d*ck in hand in this class. We seem to have 2 strikers already locked in.

I don’t see this guy ever being 230, but maybe that’s just me

Advertisement
Branch being an OOS kid who could leave us at the altar if LSU ever comes around.

LSU is the obvious one. However, let’s not forget kid says he is still open. If any number of SEC come pressing him he might be willing to flip. Hope he sticks but glad we added KW back.

Advertisement
Pretty obvious we've got another Brownlee situation on our hands with Branch. Except he's OOS and it could be any SEC school he flips to as opposed to just FSU like Brownlee. So whatever Washington is in this defense, he's connected to 2 other South Dade kids and a viable local take even if Branch stays. No need to be making decisions about who fits in this class in March. Thats how we've gotten into trouble in the past.

i think people are getting too hung up on positions. it seems to me that the staff is trying to get a bunch of guys who are hybrid safety types to fill out the middle of the defense. manny always says that he wants his defense to make the offense uncomfortable, and my guess is that his reaction to modern offenses is a defense with several hybrid players on the field at once. i don't think the staff sits around arguing about which players fit which positions as much as people on this message board do.

personally, i think it's clear that washington isn't an elite athlete but he looks like a playmaker based off his tape. this staff likes safeties that are always around the ball.

Truth!

You can never have enough guys that can run, hit, tackle & cover on a highly consistent basis. I’m all for it..guys like Hurlie brown, James Lewis, Earl Little, mo sikes, Leonard Myers, tremain mack, were really good “football” players..tough dudes...might not be high level nfl guys but tough cfb defensive players.

I can dig it.

Advertisement
tumblr_mvna7ov1Oh1sfub4yo1_400.gif
Prop Joe!

He's not very fast at the 175-180 he is at now. It literally doesnt make much sense imo. If you like him as a STRIKER...then i get it. He sort of plays that role at South Dade. That being said..you allow Branch in more so as a CB prospect then imo.

That being said this defensive class aint gonna be caught with their d*ck in hand in this class. We seem to have 2 strikers already locked in.
JJ wasn’t that fast but how did he look for UM?

Advertisement
Back