Washington DB Mishael Powell (Visiting UM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have completely blacked out Dalton Botts lol. I remember all those dudes except for him.

Advertisement
Would be a huge get! Kid has a ton of versatility in the backend and can play multiple spots.

Lol; Kamalu was voted Miami’s DPOY his Sr, champ. He put up solid numbers throughout his tenure here at the DT position.

Kamalu put up
88 Total Tackles
8 sacks
11.5 TFLs
1 FF
1 FR (Defensive TD)
1 Int (returned 46 yrds)
2 PBUs

Calvin Heurtelou was the exact opposite;
46 Total Tackles
.5 sacks
3 TFLs

I think u’re sorely misremembering how both these players played during their tenure here. There’s a reason why Ufombu was around the league for a bit, winning a SB & Heurtelou didn’t make it past camp, including landing on a practice squad.
Different positions and Kamalu played 3 years here at DE and some DT… and Heurt played 2 years… at the nose tackle position in D’Onofrio’s defense.

Advertisement
Surprised Chase Ford did ok in the league and was in it for a good while. Pause

6’6 frame (pause). His best was when Rudolph went down for Minnesota & he came to fill in for several games. But, in the end he was mainly a PS guy. It also helped that a seldom used TE from the U by the name of Jimmy Graham who was 6’7 killing the league. Minnesota hoped Ford would be their hidden Graham, but it didn’t pan out that way.

The NFL is a copycat league, & Ford was the benefactor of Jimmy for a bit b4 it was realized he wasn’t Jimmy.

Different positions and Kamalu played 3 years here at DE and some DT… and Heurt played 2 years… at the nose tackle position in D’Onofrio’s defense.

U can die on this hill, & I knew u were going to bring up the 2 vs. 3, but the fact is Calvin wasn’t remotely projecting Kamalu’s #’s.

I know what I saw, & that’s why Kamalu was voted as DPOY & Calvin was clapping. Lol

Advertisement
JUCO kids we’ve had (From what I recall):

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

So far, we have a 33% hit ratio on the JUCO players we’ve brought in; but if Kirk &/or Freeney become nothing more than JAGs taking up roster spots, we’ll be at a 31% hit ratio. 2 of our 8 guys were punters. This list doesn’t even include the slew of military prep guys we had come through who were absolutely ****. So we’re at about a 1:3 ratio in recruiting JUCO players, if my memory is correct and I captured all the JUCO guys from 1999-present.
Cortez Kennedy -
1705511063994.png

Andrew Williams -
1705511063994.png

Jerome McDougal -
1705511063994.png

Horace Copeland -
1705511063994.png
(edit: should be Wesley Carroll)

Going that far back it's easier to remember the hits than the misses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I travel to big games at historic / unique venues and try to take in all of the local traditions. I was at Oregon @ Washington this year. I'd give it a solid B+, "its worth the trip but I'd go back to other places first." Hit the gameday set at 6am local time, then did sail-gaiting taking the boat up to the stadium, excellent game, and joined the field storming. The scenery is absolutely as good as it gets on that campus.

People thought I was odd carrying around a bag of beers and pocket shots at 7am, post game scene was meh at best. I prefer a more intense and less family friendly gameday experience but that's just my preference. If I was taking the wife and son, I'd give it an A.
What are your top 3 experiences when it comes to this?

Last edited:
We get this kid and holy crap the defense is going to be cooking next season.
I wouldn't go that far just yet. We need another starting caliber safety IMO. Harris, Williams, Riley, Taylor and Zay Patterson are solid depth pieces and I fully expect the latter name to be pushing for a starting spot by midseason. Would love to see Kaleb Spencer come on as well but he's still young. It really sucks that he isn't enrolling early and probably why we need another starter added to the mix.

We also need another top-4 corner to play alongside Porter, Damari and Richard. I think Ryan Mack is going to get into the mix along with Stafford, but would be nice to have another veteran there as well.

Overall, I think it's a B+ level defense (our front 7 is really good) that could potentially be A- level with a couple more additions on the backend.

Advertisement
The Butt Plug lol. PathEric times at dt back then.
Lol; Kamalu was voted Miami’s DPOY his Sr, champ. He put up solid numbers throughout his tenure here at the DT position.

Kamalu put up
88 Total Tackles
8 sacks
11.5 TFLs
1 FF
1 FR (Defensive TD)
1 Int (returned 46 yrds)
2 PBUs

Calvin Heurtelou was the exact opposite;
46 Total Tackles
.5 sacks
3 TFLs

I think u’re sorely misremembering how both these players played during their tenure here. There’s a reason why Ufombu was around the league for a bit, winning a SB & Heurtelou didn’t make it past camp, including landing on a practice squad.
Wasn’t Hourtelou a DT and Kamala a De? Kinda hard to compare stats there. Imo Hourt deserves a check. He started games and played a decent amount of snaps. If I recall he started his entire Sr year. Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back