Was today a good day or bad day?

We just lost our best player.. Ehh.. Next man up is all you can do.. Sunshine band will tell you GREAT tho..

I don't see anybody saying GR15 leaving is GREAT or denying that UM lost its best player on defense and arguably its best player on the team (though King may have something to say about that).

Instead, I see some people moping around over something that nobody at or around UM has any control over. Lots of people fairly debating the fiscal intelligence of GR15 opting out. And other people (including some of the people in the second group) understanding that what is done is done, determining to support and move forward with the players on the roster, and simultaneously choosing to celebrate a 5* DT committing to UM today and not letting GR15's opt out spoil that.

Advertisement
In life, one should strive not to place limits on oneself.

Have a celebratory drink for the bada$$ 5* DT UM just got to commit and what it means for the trajectory of the program.
Then have a drink to console yourself over the loss of GR15.
But then, have another celebratory drink at the fact UM even has a player opting out of the season to protect their 1st round draft stock and what that may mean for our recruiting efforts long term.
Then drink again that you are alive and well enough to enjoy a drink.
Nice way to look at it honestly

Does anyone on here realistically believe GR not playing results in a Loss that would have been a W. We good.

Advertisement
Does anyone on here realistically believe GR not playing results in a Loss that would have been a W. We good.
It could. Game changing position. Just look how Greenard dominated us game one. Chase Young probably agrees also.

If LT decides to decommit before Feb, then this will be an extremely bad day. Otherwise…

It sucks but we finally get to see the “depth” that we’ve been talking about all off season 🤷🏾‍♂️

Today was a good day.

I think the schedule is about as favorable as we could have hoped for. LT is a HUGE get so that’s a win. GR15 opting out is unfortunate, BUT luckily we have a ton of talent on the edge.

Advertisement
It's a GREAT day. For probably the first time in his life, GR15 was able to make a decision for himself and his future. It's true freedom, and I hope he takes full advantage of it. I want to see more student-athletes move on past this garbage system and do for themselves.

If Manny keeps recruiting like he is, this team will have enough talent to compete, the question is whether Diaz and his staff can consistently put the talent in position to succeed. That's what I want to see going forward.

definitely a good day with better days ahead.

We will be good. Still say 10-1 and beat Clempson in the ACCCG.

****, I wouldn't have said this the past two years, but, I'm on board. Lashley's O with this D has me excited.

I think a good day as well just hope other prominent 1st rounders opt out as well so I can accept the GR15 loss. I’m sure someone will step up to create double teams. If we are to be good these kind of loses are to be expected so long as the youngins step up.
1596764116889.png

Advertisement
A little bittersweet with the GR15 news but overall it was a great day. We’ve got plenty of depth on the DL and just added the best DT in the country so much sweeter than bitter.

The Rousseau situation is very painful. We will be reminded of it whenever an offense converts a 3rd and long.

Advertisement
Back