Was Olsen In Chappel Hill?

btcane

Sophomore
Most schools do not usually travel those players who they are certain will redshirt. i.e. Olsen. One big exception is to expose them to large, hostile crowd environments. Don't want him to not know what it's like, and cannot replicate the atmosphere in practice.
That is also one (heretofore unmentioned) benefit we got last night. It prepared our still young team on what to expect at FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think has anyone has ever called a UNC football crowd large or hostile.

It was last night. UNC got hyped for this game.

ya man that crowd was into it. dont know what u watched. it was also their fall break and their big promotional night so the drinks were flowing all day up there

I watched the game. The crowd was into it, but that was not a hostile environment. The stadium was not full. Capacity is 63,000, announced attendance was 56,000 (and there weren't that many fans there and there were a lot of Miami fans). It was a nice atmosphere, the crowd was in the game, but the Swamp it was not. Lane Stadium it was not. Death Valley it was not. Hardly a truly hostile environment

Advertisement

ya man that crowd was into it. dont know what u watched. it was also their fall break and their big promotional night so the drinks were flowing all day up there

I watched the game. The crowd was into it, but that was not a hostile environment. The stadium was not full. Capacity is 63,000, announced attendance was 56,000 (and there weren't that many fans there and there were a lot of Miami fans). It was a nice atmosphere, the crowd was in the game, but the Swamp it was not. Lane Stadium it was not. Death Valley it was not. Hardly a truly hostile environment

Comparing it to those places is ridiculous. Just because it isn't as hostile as some of the most hostile environments in college football doesn't mean it wasn't hostile.

Comparing it to those places is ridiculous. Just because it isn't as hostile as some of the most hostile environments in college football doesn't mean it wasn't hostile.

Sorry, it wasn't a hostile environment. Look at the post above from someone who went to the game if you don't believe me.

Advertisement

Sorry, it wasn't a hostile environment. Look at the post above from someone who went to the game if you don't believe me.

I went to the game, too, and you have no logical reason to believe him more than me.

Just as it was not as hostile as the Swamp, it was certainly more hostile than Raymond James (USF's stadium). Does that mean it was one of the most hostile environments in college football? Of course not, but it was definitely a hostile environment.

I was as the game and the atmosphere was excellent . I enjoyed it. Fans were gracious too. I could tell before the game that it wasn't going to be an easy game and I was right.

Advertisement

I went to the game, too, and you have no logical reason to believe him more than me.

Just as it was not as hostile as the Swamp, it was certainly more hostile than Raymond James (USF's stadium). Does that mean it was one of the most hostile environments in college football? Of course not, but it was definitely a hostile environment.

Well, we're going to disagree. I've never heard anyone ever call UNC a hostile environment and while the crowd was "into" it, it hardly seemed hostile. And yes, you do compare it to other places.

Well, we're going to disagree. I've never heard anyone ever call UNC a hostile environment and while the crowd was "into" it, it hardly seemed hostile. And yes, you do compare it to other places.

That's fine, we'll disagree. I know that UNC is typically not the most hostile place, I was just saying that for this game, they got hyped, and they got loud. Not a super crazy hostile environment, but definitely not comfortable either. I think we actually might agree on the atmosphere, we're just working with different definitions of "hostile."

(Edited for clarification of meaning)

Last edited:

That's fine, we'll disagree. I know that UNC is typically not very hostile or loud at all, I was just saying that for this game, they got hyped, and they got loud. Not a super crazy hostile environment, but definitely not comfortable either. I think we actually might agree on the atmosphere, we're just working with different definitions of "hostile."

Fair enough

Advertisement
Back