Was granted a refund from the AD

where's herrera? get students to opt out of their athletic fee and cite golden still being there as the reason. not like you can't just walk into a baseball game anyway.

Advertisement
Look, I can see both sides of this. I don't think that this is stupid. Considering that the administration is being smug, and treating all the season ticket cancellations as a joke, and that you will renew despite you saying you won't, then this is fair. Requesting money back doesn't just mean a return of funds, it shows that fans are serious, and not only are they not renewing season tickets, but to show you they are for real, they are also going a step further and asking for their donations back. This also shows that they won't be making donations again in the future. IT's a message being sent. Receiving the refund isn't what's important, it's what the request means: "we're fed up, take us serious and listen to us, or we're out."

Also, this is off topic, but anything could happen. Red Bull got sued for their slogan "Red Bull gives you wings" because it actually doesn't. Now I'm not saying this is an identical situation, but the Athletic Department might be glad to give refunds for the reason that building champions is a false pretense, in order to avoid fighting with fans and angering them any more than they already have.

where's herrera? get students to opt out of their athletic fee and cite golden still being there as the reason. not like you can't just walk into a baseball game anyway.

IT's actually something that makes sense. We pay a $70 athletic fee. Most people simply pay it to be able to go to football games. We are not getting our money's worth with the product on the football field. I have thought about this for awhile.

IT's actually something that makes sense. We pay a $70 athletic fee. Most people simply pay it to be able to go to football games. We are not getting our money's worth with the product on the football field. I have thought about this for awhile.

holy **** they bumped it to $70? it was $50 just like 3 years ago.

Advertisement

holy **** they bumped it to $70? it was $50 just like 3 years ago.

$72 to be exact.

My donation for this season was at the beginning of training camp. Small amount. I'm no big booster, just an average alum who is sick to my stomach not only with the results of the football program, but of the complete lack of talent in the athletics administration.

I could care less if someone thinks it's stupid; I feel that my money is being spent on the wrong things. I'm glad to help, but only if the university is committed to winning national titles. I find it extremely dishonest to take money from people and then act in a manner which is counter to the reasons you provided for acquiring said donation.

Jennifer, I'd be glad to forward you the email. PM me.

she is married

I'd like to know more about this. How much did you donate? When did you donate? And what did you donate for (was this a straight gift or given in conjunction with the purchase of tickets)? What was the theory under which you asked for a refund and what was said in response to you when you posed the request? I'm extremely curious to know how this went down.

I suspect your lack of a response stems from the fact that this didn't go down quite how you're implying, and you're doing everyone a disservice by leading people to believe they'll receive refunds for things they will not, and by creating more work for people in the athletic department who are just trying to do their jobs. I understand being upset with the state of the program. I can promise you that no one is more upset than I am. But at the same time, you guys have to understand that there are very few people within the University who actually have the power to change our current situation, and you're misdirecting your anger and your attacks towards people who cannot effectuate these changes and are only trying to make the best out of the situation they've been given. If you want to ask for a refund, by all means go ahead. But you're not only wasting the time of the people in the Hurricane Club, you're wasting your own time as well.

Now go ahead and neg away, but it had to be said.

Hey jennifersaurus rex,

You give Dash literally just over one hour to respond on a message board on a monday and start to discredit what he said?

He responded and you have yet to answer him (going on the same premise of a response in an hour)... I suspect your lack of a response stems from the fact that you didn't think he would answer back at all in the first place as you figured it was all a farce.

Advertisement
Asking for a refund is so retarded unless you explicitly made a donation under the pretense that Golden would be fired. If you're dumb enough to have bought season tickets and donated this year, like myself and most of us were, just take your kick in the **** like a man, realize you blew you're money, and don't do it next year. Asking for money back is petty and retarded, unless it's in the case as stated above.

Pretty much this.

Nobody is saying that you have to stay silent, unless given an audience with Donna. But there are productive ways to express your displeasure and there are unproductive ways. This isn't going to make anyone in the Hurricane Club "miserable at work." It's just going to be one more thing they have to do, when they could be directing their energy and efforts towards raising more money for our department. Regardless of how we feel about our current coach, the Hurricane Club is doing their best to make as many capital improvements as possible, which helps us at least a tiny bit when trying to attract new coaches. Are our upgrades on the same level as Oregon, Alabama, et al? Of course not. Because we don't get Oregon/Alabama-like donations from the majority of our fan base. But the Hurricane Club is doing the best they can and, in that way, they're much more an ally than they are an enemy.

That being said, if you choose not to renew for next year, that's your prerogative. I will not be buying season tickets next year, because I have a child and a business I'm trying to get off the ground, and I simply don't have the money to spend on a product that makes me so miserable every week. Should they make changes, I'll eagerly return. But as of now, it just doesn't make sense for my family. If a lot of other people feel the same way and follow suit, THAT is how fans can potentially effect change. Not by baselessly asking for refunds that will not be given. At a certain point, you have to understand when you're furthering your cause and when you're just making the fan base look petty. Be vocal, but respectful. Be proactive, but professional. And remember that many of these people you're directing your anger towards are just as passionate about the program as you are.

Or let the man do what he wants. He got his money back - not sure how retarded that can be.

Advertisement
Back