Ward

I never said he did... You did or I should say agreed he did from the post I put up from DMoney that you agreed to...
You can try and change the narrative all you want but it's all there to be seen by anyone...
No matter how much you want to blast anyone and make it seem like your a clairvoyant that knew he'd come, you're not...
Once again, you agreed it was a swing and a miss at the time it happened... Your wording was " Everyone swung and missed"... that's agreeing... So once again.. your a fake... Clout troll personified...
Yawn.

Advertisement
Obviously, we ALL want a big, physical receiver to line up on the outside, that’s a given. Beyond that, looking at the bigger picture, there’s still one area on our team that concerns me going into next year…our secondary(S,CB). On the flip side of that, our front seven should be nasty so I don’t think we need to be super elite there, but I do wish we’d upgrade those positions through the portal.

I agree with you. It's a bit of a mystery, as Addae seems to be a decent coach/developer-of-talent. I thought that Porter Jr. was just a recruiting ploy for MJJ, but Porter has turned into one of our better DBs in a while.

Would love to see a couple of last minute surprises from the Portal/February Signing Day, but I'm willing to bet it wll be a big priority in April.

Advertisement
We can certainly be Top 12 next year if we avoid major injuries, continue to cut penalties/turnovers, make good decisions at QB, and don't make any crazy "take a knee" blunders.

We have gone from "losing big" in 2022 to "winning/losing a lot of close games" in 2023. Now it's time to start winning big.
10 wins should be the unmitigated goal. No reason we can’t have that type of season.

Mario now has 4 things to do:
1. Get out of game day management. Leave that to the OC and DC.
2. Make sure we get to 10 wins next season. No if’s, and’s or but’s.
3. Sign another Top 5 class for 2025. Will help us close the talent gap with the elites.
4. Use the next year and a half to get a QB groomed for 2025. I’d have Poff, Emory and Judd sleep, eat and **** with Ward. Not exaggerating.

Let’s get to 10!

Still a 5 loss plus 3 toss up team?
With the 2024 roster as it stands:

@Hogtown - Toss Up
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - W
@Cal - Toss Up
@GT - Toss Up
@Ville - L
Duke - W
FSU - Toss Up
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - W
@Syracuse - W

I think we end up going 2-3 or 3-2 in the "toss up" category. That leaves us at or 8-4 or 9-3, which is exactly what I'd expect with the current roster construction.

@Hogtown - Toss Up
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - W
@Cal - Toss Up
@GT - Toss Up
@Ville - L
Duke - W
FSU - Toss Up
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - W
@Syracuse - W

I think we end up going 2-3 or 3-2 in the "toss up" category. That leaves us at or 8-4 or 9-3, which is exactly what I'd expect with the current roster construction.
Agree on all but Cal should be a W imo not a toss up

Advertisement

@Hogtown - Toss Up
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - W
@Cal - Toss Up
@GT - Toss Up
@Ville - L
Duke - W
FSU - Toss Up
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - W
@Syracuse - W

Not being critical, just pointing something out.

Our roster has to play THEIR rosters.

Toss-up #1 - went 5-7 last year; lost a lot to the Portal; struggling in all facets of recruiting
Toss-up #2 - went 6-7 last year; 40th ranked recruiting class
Toss-up #3 - went 7-6 last year; beat us on the infamous Don Chaney no-fumble/no-kneel-down; 44th ranked recruiting class
Toss-up #4 - went 13-1 last year; having a lot of struggles in recruiting, particularly in the Portal, which was previously their strength
Toss-up #5 - went 7-6 last year; 49th ranked recruiting class

The two toughest games will be at home. I think we go 4-1 in those games.

Having said that, all I'm really trying to point out is that I don't think any of those 4 toss-ups have done better than Miami when it comes to improving the talent (and, of course, assuming comparable rates of development).

Should be an interesting year.

@Hogtown - Toss Up
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - W
@Cal - Toss Up
@GT - Toss Up
@Ville - L
Duke - W
FSU - Toss Up
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - W
@Syracuse - W

Thx for replying!

I will restate what I’ve been saying on CIS - we will have superior trenches against every team on the regular season schedule.

The DL will be overwhelming and the OL appears to be dominant after replacing Matt Lee with a very good replacement.

With Cam Ward (unless he gets injured) our floor should be 10 wins. Louisville and FSU should be the only real threats and I truly believe we will beat the Noles this year, but hey, we have lost inexplicable games the last few years so nothing is guaranteed.

Last edited:
We MUST work the backup hard. The lesson of what happened with Jordan Travis must NOT be lost on this Coaching Staff. FSU imploded after his injury.

Advertisement
IMG_5436.jpeg

@Hogtown - Toss Up
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - W
@Cal - Toss Up
@GT - Toss Up
@Ville - L
Duke - W
FSU - Toss Up
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - W
@Syracuse - W

How can Ville be an expected L? They have already brought in 24 portal players, are in all-out transition mode with both their QB1 and QB2 graduating.

Cal, GT and Va Tech as toss-ups? Va Tech's only solid win is a Pratt-less Tulane.

@Hogtown - W
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - W
@Cal - W
@GT - W
@Ville - Toss Up
Duke - W
FSU - Toss Up
VT - W
Wake Forest - W
@Syracuse - W

IMO, only toss-ups are FSU and Louisville. I consider UiF a W because they lost 5 in a row and most of their talent to end the season. But I would concede that as a toss-up if others want to argue there. The rest are Ws. ... We're a 10-12 win team next year.

How can Ville be an expected L? They have already brought in 24 portal players, are in all-out transition mode with both their QB1 and QB2 graduating.

Cal, GT and Va Tech as toss-ups? Va Tech's only solid win is a Pratt-less Tulane.

@Hogtown - W
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - W
@Cal - W
@GT - W
@Ville - Toss Up
Duke - W
FSU - Toss Up
VT - W
Wake Forest - W
@Syracuse - W

IMO, only toss-ups are FSU and Louisville. I consider UiF a W because they lost 5 in a row and most of their talent to end the season. But I would concede that as a toss-up if others want to argue there. The rest are Ws. ... We're a 10-12 win team next year.
You must consider us a top 10 team in the country.

Advertisement
I’m just happy his hard work and persistence is paying off. Many wanted his head thinking he swang and missed on Ward which as we have all witnessed, Mario came through. I don’t know if you are a **** fan with a name like Swampcity hope not but can we just be happy and not think about what if scenarios??? Canes got the Qb that generally the whole/most of the board wanted. That’s a win!
How impudent of you to denigrate my name. Obviously you're A Gen X or you would know better. Have you ever heard of the Great Downtown Eddie Brown? If you had, perhaps you would no better than to make an asinine comment.

Just wakin' up in the mornin', gotta thank God
I don't know, but today seems kinda odd
No barkin' from cway, no mopes
And momma cooked a breakfast with huevos
I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
Finally, got a call from a 'cruit I wanna dig out
Hooked it up fo' later as I hit the do'
Thinkin', "Will I recruit more blue-chips in 24'?"

I gotta go 'cause I got me a drop top
And if I hit the O.V., I can make the *** drop
Had to stop at a red light
Lookin' in my mirror, not a Gator in sight

And everything is alright
I got a beep from Alex, and he can 'cruit all night
Called up the homies, and I'm askin' y'all
Which park, are y'all playin' recruit-ball?
Get me on the court and I'm trouble
Last week ****ed around and got a triple-double
Freakin' recruits every way like MJ
I can't believe, today was a good day!

Drove to the Hecht and hit the showers
Didn't even get no static from Nole cowards
'Cause just yesterday, them fools tried to blast me
Saw Prison Mike, and he rolled right past me
No flexin', didn't even look in a coach's direction
As I ran, the intersection
Went to J.T.'s house, they was watchin' Josh Pate's Late Kicks
Why's Finebaum always suckin' Bama ****s?

Shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em up, shake 'em!
Roll 'em in a circle of Bulldogs, and watch me break 'em
Wit' the seven, 7-11, 7-11
Seven, even back do' Coach Joe
I picked up the cash flow
Then we played bones, and I'm yellin' "Buckeye Ho!"
Plus, nobody I know got killed in Miami-Dade
Today was a good day!

Left my rival's house paid
Picked up a 'cruit been tryna sign since the 12th grade
It's ironic, I had the cafecito, he had the chronic
The Heat beat the Boston Celtics
Billy Nape's just a big fat *****
Pulled out the loafer and killed that punani
And my **** runs deep, so deep, so deep
Put Slingblade's *** to sleep

Woke Bill up around one
He didn't hesitate to call Mario the top gun
Drove him to Dave & Busters and I'm coastin'
Took another sip of the potion, hit the three-wheel motion
I was glad everything had worked out
Dropped his *** off, and then chirped out
Today was like one of those fly dreams
Didn't even see the NCAA flashin' those high beams

No sportswriters lookin' for a murder
Two in the mornin', got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Cristobal's a pimp!"
Drunk as ****, but no throwin' up
Halfway home, and my cell phone's still blowin' up
Today, I didn't even have to use NIL, ay
I gotta say it was a good day!
I love you my guy.

But don't do that to my favorite rap song ever again.

EVER.

Advertisement
Back