Ward to the league...or maybe not...who the **** knows...but seriously...what the **** else better do you have to do?

Eh. Not like Ward didnt have other college options, yet ultimately if he were to stay in school we were the likely destination. He simply had his heart set on the NFL. If it were about the "Mario ruins QBs" nonsense he could have just gone to USC or Auburn, who was recently reported to be in touch with him.

All fair points, but if we're talking about "the narrative" (or the narrative used by other teams to recruit against us) it's just another bullet in the chamber.

Advertisement
You answered your own question on Moore as highlighted in red. Mario waited around on Ward like he did on Candle so we are left with what we have at the buffet table towards the end of dinner service.

I think if they improve next season by 2 wins with a young QB, it would keep the trajectory going upwards.
Everyone knows that's not happening with any of the QBs on the roster. They suck. Some here are just religiously invested in white knighting for them.

At this point I don't care if it's KJ or Nelson, just get it done. We know what we're getting in KJ, a good one year rental, if Nelson is as good as advertised might be worth rolling the dice with him. It wouldn't be a bad idea if we try to go after both like what Oregon did with Gabriel and Moore.
Edit: Scratch KJ off, can we at least gamble on Nelson and wash the egg off our face. Maybe we can get a stud portal receiver to help this kid if it's him.
Mario moves like a snail.

Snail GIF by MotoGP

Advertisement
Advertisement
the knocks on the insiders is ridic. everyone wants a glimmer of ANY possible inside info and yet if these dudes are wrong about it, some of yall just go on full rere mode and begin to attack. These dudes hit more often than not and really don't need to spill the beans at all.
Appreciate the **** out of the insiders. So, don’t leave us. But they’re not legit journalists with no skin in the game or love for the Miami program. Doubt insiders had direct access to Ward, his father or camp. Guys like Thamel have that access and don’t speculate or write stories with green and orange colored glasses.

Appreciate the **** out of the insiders. So, don’t leave us. But they’re not legit journalists with no skin in the game or love for the Miami program. Doubt insiders had direct access to Ward, his father or camp. Guys like Thamel have that access and don’t speculate or write stories with green and orange colored glasses.
Legit journalists even a thing? Lol

I got a feeling that Ward will be playing in CFB next year…don’t know why just got a feeling. I think all this NFL stuff is posturing and he just didn’t want to play for Miami after watching the offense or lack of offense..

Advertisement
In all seriousness - if @apfenny3 said we dodged a bullet - I put quite a bit of stock into his takes. Thinking out loud - theportal may close for entrants this week but does that mean we cannot sign kids after that? I suppose class enrollment may play a role. Ideally you really want to have your QB for spring - but at the same time couldn’t there be a whole other wave of transfers both before and after spring ball?

I got a feeling that Ward will be playing in CFB next year…don’t know why just got a feeling. I think all this NFL stuff is posturing and he just didn’t want to play for Miami after watching the offense or lack of offense..
That’s dumb. He could just say he’s not interested and wouldn’t have to fake the draft entry

The fact that idiots are blaming Mario for this, as if he could put a gun to the guy's head, and force him to show up is something else. I don't believe for a second that Mario entered this without a backup plan. Ward is off the board, now other things can happen, and Miami is likely working the second and third options. Apparently it's KJ and Malachi, but who knows what else is out there.
There is no KJ anymore lol. And yes, Mario should be blamed for poor results both on the field and in recruiting, especially recruiting of the most important position in the sport. Why is that shocking?

Advertisement
Legit journalists even a thing? Lol
Legit as in employed by ESPN or such - not the local Herald - who have contacts and a track record to fall back on. Not fan-based websites or green kids on a first job with a recruiting site.

In all seriousness - if @apfenny3 said we dodged a bullet - I put quite a bit of stock into his takes. Thinking out loud - theportal may close for entrants this week but does that mean we cannot sign kids after that? I suppose class enrollment may play a role. Ideally you really want to have your QB for spring - but at the same time couldn’t there be a whole other wave of transfers both before and after spring ball?
Portal closes for most tomorrow but schools playing recently have 5 days after their game to enter

Players in portal now can commit now so they can enroll this month

That’s dumb. He could just say he’s not interested and wouldn’t have to fake the draft entry

I think it’s very possible Ward wants the type of money we’re offering…but wants it from someone else. Declaring for the draft could be his way of forcing his preferred program(s) to up their offer(s).

If, like some have posted, Ward has not hired an agent in order to keep the cfb option open, I believe leverage in negotiations is the most likely reason.

Advertisement
Back