Ward to the league...or maybe not...who the **** knows...but seriously...what the **** else better do you have to do?

Advertisement

And yet nobody in the building was willing to listen to @apfenny3.

We didn’t have this man here making the final decision?

Tom Welling Dd GIF

Serious follow-up - if the knock on the kid is small hands, what's another year in college going to do to address that specific deficiency? If his draft grades came back and talked about his decision-making, or accuracy, or even S&C I could see the kid being like "yeah another year might help." But if it's *just* small hands that are giving him a low grade (don't know that's true, just addressing the point) - his hands won't get any bigger next year so why not get the pro career started now and bet on himself to ball out enough to make it to that second contract?

My frustration is why didn't we (coaches) assume this was his thinking much earlier and move on? Was Ward's camp just pumping that much BS about staying in school that it fooled every grown man in our admin? It falls on Mario of course but where was Dawson? Where was Zo The Great And Powerful? Nobody saw this coming??
What happenen to the QB war room?

Advertisement
Yall better hope that TVD doesn't do well at Wisconsin.
He very well could. He has lots of talent, but crumbled every time he came back from injury and hit any adversity. If he starts off like he did at the beginning of the year for us and doesnt get hurt at Wisconsin, he could have a very good year.

I agree with @apfenny3 that Ward going to the NFL was dodging a bullet. The expectations that would’ve been on him coupled with the fact that he’s not a true running threat would’ve set us up for a disappointing year. The throwing motion he has probably would’ve resulted in some inconsistencies playing in the ACC be the PAC12.

I can respect anyone who disagrees but Howard was the better option all along. Ward was the flashier name that would’ve created more recruiting buzz.

Advertisement
Mistake for the kid. Had someone tell me this was a possibility a few days ago and didn’t believe it. Guess I should have.

He would have been an upgrade in 24’ and due to that I was all for it. And fyi he led the staff to believe he was coming. When a few days passed I had feeling he was trolling. Good luck to him I guess.

Mistake for the kid. Had someone tell me this was a possibility a few days ago and didn’t believe it. Guess I should have.

He would have been an upgrade in 24’ and due to that I was all for it. And fyi he led the staff to believe he was coming. When a few days passed I had feeling he was trolling. Good luck to him I guess.
So.... any big head texts or new rargets?

Cause 2024 starting off ****ed up.

Advertisement
Didn’t realize he had signed…
Do I think he’s coming here no. Do I know where he’s going no. The point is there’s one other available who would come here understanding it’s his job. Thought that was pretty evident.

Advertisement
And I’ll agree we dodged a bullet here as I get more tidbits on how this went down.

QB is the most important position in CFB by far. We need a leader through performance, trust, grit, and the ability to make those 4-5 plays a game that decide a winner.

Advertisement
Back