Ward to the league...or maybe not...who the **** knows...but seriously...what the **** else better do you have to do?

Advertisement
Lmao, buddy trashing characters of anyone that doesn't choose Miami is tale as old as time.
why is anyone mad at ward? he gave you his decision. he chose the pros. if you keep chasing him bc he didnt hire an agent and are left disappointed, that isnt a ward problem thats a you problem. we could have moved on the way FSU did. we didnt. this is on Mario and his chase

Advertisement
why is anyone mad at ward? he gave you his decision. he chose the pros. if you keep chasing him bc he didnt hire an agent and are left disappointed, that isnt a ward problem thats a you problem. we could have moved on the way FSU did. we didnt. this is on Mario and his chase

I'll even suggest that Norvell was never THAT serious about Ward anyway (he knew very well he couldn't afford him). He pursued Ward only to make Mario go all-in and not pursue any other QBs. That's my theory anyway. Mario got played on several fronts with Ward.

Last edited:
I was called a mope when I said that 2 years ago. Well played.
Anybody that tried to even suggest that some of the issues were on the savior TVD instead of all on Gattis were verbally crucified. Even when it was apparent the kid had trouble reading defenses and in all reality his good numbers from 21 were 1) against suspect defenses 2) many times just 50/50 balls to Rambo and 3) schemed to his strengths.

Now this is where the staff fumbled the ball. They kept TVD, allegedly even gave him some input on who would be his OC. By then they knew his strengths and more importantly his weaknesses yet it seemed very apparent on Gameday that they didn’t bother to institute anything that favored his strengths into the game plan. Not only that but they played him even when he was injured which highlighted how much they actually thought of the two QBs behind him.

How they handled/****ed up the QB situation is impressive to say the least and 100% on the staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's how I see it...

Ultimately, college football is a business and decisions made by players impacting their financial well-being should not be taken personally by the parties (or their fans). However, there is a right way and a wrong way to do business. I'm generally of the opinion that parties should be as forthright as possible without revealing confidences or fiduciary duties in their business transactions, but at a bare minimum should refrain from outright lies.

If Ward or his camp told Miami that he was still exploring the NFL draft as a potential option, I'm not sure how anyone can be upset by him ultimately declaring.
Even if Ward and his family agreed to an NIL deal in principle, but said deal was contingent upon Ward enrolling at UM, so long as Ward or his camp was honest that he/they were still exploring the possibility of declaring for the NFL draft, I don't see an issue.
Just like if the initial NIL package provided to Ward contained one number if he signed/enrolled after taking visits, and a higher number contingent upon him signing/enrolling without visiting any other schools (like FSU), that's business, too (even though it clearly disincentivizes Ward from fully investigating his collegiate options).

Now, if Ward agreed to an NIL deal, didn't disclose the possibility of declaring for the NFL, visited FSU knowing UM's deal would be lower thereafter, turned back to UM to get the NIL deal he'd agreed to but with the additional (at this point forfeited) $$$ notwithstanding his visit to FSU, and only then raised the NFL draft as a threat to create leverage for more $$$, I have a problem with that. It's still business. And Mario still looks like a clown for reacting like a man standing in wet cement. But, it's not a professional and forthright way to go about your business, so I could understand bad feelings (in that instance).

You must be stupid

You’re proving the point and not even knowing it

My post wasn’t about TVD, it was about you goofy ******** that get so triggered by the slightest mention of those three little letters
Bruce Banner Hulk GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back