Ward to the league...or maybe not...who the **** knows...but seriously...what the **** else better do you have to do?

According to Flo the reason Miami was confident in Ward is because Ward had signed an NIL agreement weeks ago.

And the staff thought that meant his commitment was a done deal?

Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

Advertisement
the knocks on the insiders is ridic. everyone wants a glimmer of ANY possible inside info and yet if these dudes are wrong about it, some of yall just go on full rere mode and begin to attack. These dudes hit more often than not and really don't need to spill the beans at all.
I totally agree with this post. The crazy thing about it is that some of these so called Canes fan would have been pi$$ed if Mario would’ve not gone all in for Ward but it’s even sadder that they get happy to show up the coaches or whoever is trying to bring some positivity or intel for our benefit. Some sound like if Mario and Columbus beat their high school team and hate him eternally. They need to be happy to be alive and find something to focus on that fulfills them emotionally and fyzically 💪🏾 . 😂🤣😂🤣 Need to stop b1tching.

You’re serious? The team insiders better sell the company line or they lose what limited access they have. Like, hey, what’s the 2-year injury story with Zion? And now, what is Fletcher’s injury? If local media or insiders didn’t live in fear they’d do some reporting and have answers.

Oh good lord...now you are comparing INJURY reports to other forms of reporting?

Sorry, but you've completely lost the thread here.

Keep worshipping Thamel, I don't care.

Advertisement
I said it during the season, no top flight QB wants to play in this offense. Facts are facts!
Cmon man we aren’t running a **** triple option

TVD threw for 2800 yards and 19 TDs in like 8 games… what killed him was his **** picks 12!

Milroe threw 2700 with 23 TDs… 6picks
McCarthy threw 2600 with 19TDs…4 picks
Quinn Ewers threw 3100 with 21TDs…6 picks
Pennix threw silly numbers…

Notice a trend???

I agree and I am one that said we need to move on from Ward but to go and bash an insider or anyone like it’s this big deal to prove someone wrong. It’s part of life just be mature enough to not get personal because if you’re a Canes fan we all want the same thing which is for our team to win. Blessings to all on this great day that saw Bama get stuffed 😂🤣😂

Oh good lord...now you are comparing INJURY reports to other forms of reporting?

Sorry, but you've completely lost the thread here.

Keep worshipping Thamel, I don't care.
Sorry, it’s called reporting whether it’s recruiting, conference realignment or injury reports. And no, I’m actually not a fan of Thamel - who licked Urb Meyer’s boot for years - but more confidence in folks with news organization than team-centric insiders.

Advertisement
mario likes a good challenge and he's become excellent at flipping recruits

maybe this was all part of his plan, get ward to commit to the NFL only to flip him down the stretch

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Sorry, it’s called reporting whether it’s recruiting, conference realignment or injury reports. And no, I’m actually not a fan of Thamel - who licked Urb Meyer’s boot for years - but more confidence in folks with news organization than team-centric insiders.

Yeah, but my point was not as binary as that.

The reality is that the "national" reporters are spread too thin (too many sports, too many teams) and do not have the same collegial contacts with knowledgeable local sports journalists as they did a couple of decades ago. Everyone is hyper-protective of their own content, and not inclined to share.

When you combine that with the never-ending need to publish something, ANYTHING, then what it leads to is a never-ending stream of hot air from the "national" guys. In the old days, you had a daily news cycle, once someone submitted a story or did the nightly broadcast, it was over for the day. Now these guys are in a minute-by-minute competition to post content, some detailed (articles), some vague (tweets).

The high quality of sports reporting is no longer there. I have many friends who are sports journalists, this isn't just "I hate the press" nonsense. It's real.

Advertisement
Yeah, but my point was not as binary as that.

The reality is that the "national" reporters are spread too thin (too many sports, too many teams) and do not have the same collegial contacts with knowledgeable local sports journalists as they did a couple of decades ago. Everyone is hyper-protective of their own content, and not inclined to share.

When you combine that with the never-ending need to publish something, ANYTHING, then what it leads to is a never-ending stream of hot air from the "national" guys. In the old days, you had a daily news cycle, once someone submitted a story or did the nightly broadcast, it was over for the day. Now these guys are in a minute-by-minute competition to post content, some detailed (articles), some vague (tweets).

The high quality of sports reporting is no longer there. I have many friends who are sports journalists, this isn't just "I hate the press" nonsense. It's real.
We’re going around in circles and yet generally agree on most points. The national reporters I’m referencing aren’t spread too thin covering multiple sports. Instead, at a place like ESPN, they’re seasoned reporters - ie been in the business multiple years and have accumulated a black book of sources - specifically cover college football, the NBA, NFL, etc.
The ESPN college guys, for instance, have a network of friendly assistant and head coaches across the country. They chat up agents and scouts. They’re light years more connected than the Barry Jacksons, SMDs and local insiders on the big issues. Folks actually feed them transactional stories appreciating the breadth of a national sports outlet.
Biggest point as I’ve made previously is, unlike the Herald and local insiders, they don’t live in fear of being frozen out by Mario and Miami. They’re not perfect, either. Still, I have greater trust in them. Local insiders may be a better source on day-to-day info, but assume it comes with a Miami spin.
And yes, I, too, have a few friends who are sports journalists.

Now that it’s out there I’ll speak on it. Ward isn’t dead and talks have continued. He could pull out of the draft. The only negative is whoever misses on Howard could get aggressive with Ward. I take it that would be USC and as I’ve mentioned they’ve sniffed around. I’m sure the NIL has been revised here.

Advertisement
Back