Wanted to Share this to all of BBB

I'm not anti-Butch, but I think we should have an honest discussion about him.

People called him "Botch" and flew banners against him for a reason. Yes, he dealt with real sanctions and built a super team. But I'm a little worried that he's too conservative in nature. He hired a few ****ty coordinators. What's his plan? I'm encouraged that he wants young and aggressive assistants. But if we're being honest, he comes with question marks.

To be fair, that was his first head coaching gig. And fairly successful I'd add.

In regards to on field decisions, while I haven't watched every game he coached after leaving UM, you'd have to think experience would rectify a lot of that. We're talking 15 years in an NFL and major university environment.

What do you think?

We can't ignore what happened at UNC. Hired ****** coordinators there, too. Underachieved in 2009. Went winless against NC State.

There is NO DOUBT Butch can evaluate and develop.

But I think our biggest issue right now is X's & O's. We have talent. Art Briles or some other guru would have our offense dropping 50 and getting people excited. Last year we couldn't even crack 30 ppg with a loaded team.

Again, I'm not ruling out Butch, but he's not my 1st choice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Butch, but is he another Bill Snyder/Chris Ault, or another John Robinson/Johnny Majors?

He's been out of coaching for 5 years, so burnout shouldn't be an issue. And he's clearly energized about this opportunity.

I like the part about his hiring young, aggressive assistants. I guess I'd just like to hear more about his plan.

That's certainly the question regarding coaching comparisons.

He does sound energized, but talk is one thing, results are another.

My main question to him would be about why with all that talent at UNC did he never win the Coastal, let alone the ACC. Why didn't he ever finish higher than 3rd (twice and fourth twice) in the division or ever end up in the top 25 at season's end.

Those two factors would eliminate any coach we were considering if some didn't have a hard on for the talent he assembled a decade and a half before. All those NFL Draft picks at UNC with little to nothing to show for it. More talent than those he lost to. 0 for 4 against his school's arch rival, NC State.

Those things are troubling as **** to me.

Some people are just made for certain places, and Butch is made for this team in this city with these kids. This needs to happen now.

Give him and this team the opportunity to exorcise the demon that haunts all of us who have been with this team for 2 decades plus.

Allow me to find, develop and unleash some NFL talent.
proxy.php

Advertisement
An interview will seal the deal and we will be back on the road to greatness.

Prepare yourself College Football, the sleeping giant will soon awaken.

If Davis comes, does he keep Swasey?

Who are the coordinators?

I'm on the fence. He was very close to winning the whole thing when he left, but he was stupid enough to leave before he won a championship. NFL jobs open up every year. He was also stupid enough to go to Cleveland.

There's no denying his recruiting ability and talent, and getting him back in South Florida would be huge as far as pushing out the schools that are coming in to scoop up players that should be staying at Miami. I don't think he would be the worst hire, but my first choice would still be somebody younger who was bringing in their whole staff with them.

Ask Davis himself. I trust who his coaching hires will be. If you look closely at his staff while at Miami the first time, you'll notice that quite a few of them have been promoted since.

Follow the data. It's really as simple as that.

If Davis comes, does he keep Swasey?

Who are the coordinators?

I'm on the fence. He was very close to winning the whole thing when he left, but he was stupid enough to leave before he won a championship. NFL jobs open up every year. He was also stupid enough to go to Cleveland.

There's no denying his recruiting ability and talent, and getting him back in South Florida would be huge as far as pushing out the schools that are coming in to scoop up players that should be staying at Miami. I don't think he would be the worst hire, but my first choice would still be somebody younger who was bringing in their whole staff with them.

klamalama, cut the "or better" out. Can't give BOT any wiggle room. Butch clearly is frigging a driven man with something to prove. He will not be denied. There is no better choice.

There is no wiggle room because there's none better than Butch. I mean, Belichik isn't available.

My goal was to create a kind of logic trap. Thus: We'll be reasonable. We'll consider someone better than Butch; nothing less. Who you got? Prove it.

I'll put up Butch's resume (the 2001 team) against anyone, ANYONE!

Can Herman match it? No. He's a pup.
Cristobal's resume is a joke.
Schiano carried Butch's clipboard.
All the other coach-de-jours pale in comparison.

The point of my banner is to set Butch as the barometer against which others are to be judged. Butch is the standard. None other can measure up. That makes him the only choice. And, he's available, for reasonable $.

I realize that I'm violating the dictum: you can't underestimate the intelligence of the American public. But I'm an optimist.

However, I'm a pragmatist. Whatever works is fine with me. Brevity is the soul of wit.

Excellent defense of position. I would argue that the public is smarter than our BOT, but it isn't clear which, if either, is, so that statement will stand on its merit. I am impressed and I like your compromise. You have done great work in the first half of our war to save Cane civilization. Now once more into the breech to win the next battle.

Advertisement
I like Butch, but is he another Bill Snyder/Chris Ault, or another John Robinson/Johnny Majors?

He's been out of coaching for 5 years, so burnout shouldn't be an issue. And he's clearly energized about this opportunity.

I like the part about his hiring young, aggressive assistants. I guess I'd just like to hear more about his plan.

My main question to him would be about why with all that talent at UNC did he never win the Coastal, let alone the ACC. Why didn't he ever finish higher than 3rd (twice and fourth twice) in the division or ever end up in the top 25 at season's end.

Those two factors would eliminate any coach we were considering if some didn't have a hard on for the talent he assembled a decade and a half before. All those NFL Draft picks at UNC with little to nothing to show for it. More talent than those he lost to. 0 for 4 against his school's arch rival, NC State.

Have you noticed how *** with some women is much better than with others that might be ever prettier? Butch and THE U are a match like none other. Made for each other.

proxy.php

BRENT VENABLES ?????WHY NOT THIS GUY, HE EARNED IT!!! BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS GUY NEEDS A LOOK ATLEAST HE SHOULD BE A REAL CONSIDERATION RESUME IS IMPRESSIVE AND HIS WORK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF

Butch Davis built the greatest college football team of all time.

1. Is Venables better than Butch? No.
2. Is Venables equal to Butch? No.
3. Fuggetabouit.

klamalama, cut the "or better" out. Can't give BOT any wiggle room. Butch clearly is frigging a driven man with something to prove. He will not be denied. There is no better choice.

There is no wiggle room because there's none better than Butch. I mean, Belichik isn't available.

My goal was to create a kind of logic trap. Thus: We'll be reasonable. We'll consider someone better than Butch; nothing less. Who you got? Prove it.

I'll put up Butch's resume (the 2001 team) against anyone, ANYONE!

Can Herman match it? No. He's a pup.
Cristobal's resume is a joke.
Schiano carried Butch's clipboard.
All the other coach-de-jours pale in comparison.

The point of my banner is to set Butch as the barometer against which others are to be judged. Butch is the standard. None other can measure up. That makes him the only choice. And, he's available, for reasonable $.

I realize that I'm violating the dictum: you can't underestimate the intelligence of the American public. But I'm an optimist.

However, I'm a pragmatist. Whatever works is fine with me. Brevity is the soul of wit.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Get used to saying Fire Mario....

BBB is dead to the BOT

they gonna let a local boy **** it up once and for all

Advertisement

I have no idea where you were. Butch took over a 3-9 team. Read up on exactly what he did there.

But he certainly managed to whip UM's *** 3 outta 4.

You do realize what kind of team he took over when he got there correct? This UNC team was as bad as Duke before Cutcliffe. People keep talking about all the talent he had there, but forget that talent was still in development. He didn't pick up a bunch of 5 star studs on day 1, he turned a bunch of 3 stars into first round picks and that takes a little time. Furthermore, he didn't even get to truly unleash his best team which was the year the investigation started for them. That team was absolutely loaded and assuming he stays to develop the remaining players, they may have given our 2001 team a run for it in the draft.

Advertisement
Back