Walton> Yearby

Advertisement
The kid should be in ******* high school and you guys are in this thread *****ing. Gawd ****.

Advertisement
Gus would absolutely smoke yearby, Yearby is turtle like . He's got great wiggle but lacks speed and explosion .

I'd really like to know what the posters who think different have been smoking ?

Last edited:
The thing you should do is take the performance of a player you like in one game and use it as an argument for him being better than that other player you don't like so much.

Joseph Yearby 156 carries, 797yds, 5.1yds/carry, 5td
Mark Walton 97 carries, 383yds, 3.9yds/carry, 6td

Not to say that Yearby is better, but cut the crap. Both have performed well, and neither has done enough to be clearly better than the other.

As for Kayaa...
184 comp, 298 att, 2458 yds, 61.7% comp, 13 td, 4 int

Quit blaming the best players on the team for not being quite magical enough to win every game. This is a guy with a bad OL and a truly terrible defense, so hows about you lay off? Everybody gets a shot, and if JA or one of the guys already here look amazing maybe one of them can have the job, but until then it's Kayaa's job and you're a fool if you think it shouldn't be.

Advertisement
In my opinion, Yearby has good vision, real quick first step, and is tough. But other than that he is pedestrian. Take away his numbers from the first few gimmies on the schedule and he has done nothing. He does not run away from LB's let alone any DB's. If he gets to 1000 he would be the slowest back in the history of Cane football to do so. He will not go in the first five rounds of the draft no matter what year he goes out. He could very well lose his job to Gus. Gus is solid, but its easy to look mediocre being Duke Johnson. And I think we can all admit after the season has played out that any conversation between Yearby and Duke can be put to rest. He is not in Dukes stratosphere as a back. I like him, but he is not a game breaker at all. Walton has at least flashed a few times this year with some long plays and mixes making guys miss with outrunning guys occasionally.....

I have no ******* clue why we don't throw to these guys more. They are a mismatch for LBs and their hands are elite.

Advertisement
I have been campaigning for Gray since the offseason. I think he could be our best back if only be had a chance.

Well, he also carries the ball like a piece of watermelon, that never helps. But at this point they are just wasting a great talent. Find a role for him. I'd like to see him on Kick offs. We are terrible there...

Advertisement
Walton and Yearby both have great attributes. Yearby has great vision and that foot in the ground cutting ability. Walton is more athletic, has a higher ceiling. Walton's issue this year has been lack of patience. He constantly cuts back. he does not run with his eyes and he does not press the whole. That is where Yearby is better now. I firmly believe Gus was going to break out this year. Dude is a stud athlete.. Walton though is a true grinder I believe and he will always be difficult for anyone to outwork.

You guys are silly. Who cares who is better? Gus, Gray, Yearby, and Walton are ALL GOOD and they ALL need to play and we need to run the ball 30+ times a game!

Advertisement
Back