Walton...What do you think?

Advertisement
very explosive back once he get in the weight room and stronger in the legs he should be fun to watch at the U

Advertisement
I expect him to be our feature back by his true sop****re year.

If he picks up the offense, I think it will be clear by mid season this fall that Mark Walton should be getting more and more carries.

I would rather see him red shirted this year and see those carriers go to Walter Tucker and chocolate both of whom have take it to the house speed. Not to mention Gus Edwards who needs to finally play like this is a money year for him.

Go Canes

Advertisement
He reminds me of ....... nobody. All we have is high school film.

Advertisement
Lots of tongue in cheek comments. I don't expect much out of Walton this year. But Shadow had him listed #8 in the top 10 impact players this year, above Yearby. And that is saying a lot. I think the guys who know the kid, and understand how he would fit within the context of what the staff is looking to do ... at least some of these guys think he will have a major impact this season.

Personally, I believe Gus has taken the step we all worried he wouldn't be able to take. We started to see flashes from him at the end of last season, and during Spring ball, Gus' pad levels were much lower in all the highlights. He's finally running like the Bus we expected him to be. And Yearby has a year of conditioning and was breaking ankles out there. So between those two guys, we should see some great productions. Then you have Walton, who had a fantastic HS senior season and looks to be ready coming in. Finally if Gray would learn to protect the ball, he is a huge talent. I just hope they all make each other better, and that one of them emerges as the guy we can trust to convert on 3rd down.

Advertisement
Back