Walton vs Yearby

Canesince91

Sophomore
This offense we are running now RPO zone blocking is more tailored to Yearby's strengths he has excellent sure area quickness and vision if this is the offense we are running I don't get why he is not starting getting the bulk of the carries.

Walton is a prostyle running back is much better at attacking a hole with a lead blocker. He struggles at the zone blocking system because his vision is not the best. More of a down hill back where you tell him where the hole should be.

Ill be interested to see if Richt and Coach Brown make a change. Because to me its pretty obvious under this system Yearby is the best back.

Advertisement
This offense we are running now RPO zone blocking is more tailored to Yearby's strengths he has excellent sure area quickness and vision if this is the offense we are running I don't get why he is not starting getting the bulk of the carries.

Walton is a prostyle running back is much better at attacking a hole with a lead blocker. He struggles at the zone blocking system because his vision is not the best. More of a down hill back where you tell him where the hole should be.

Ill be interested to see if Richt and Coach Brown make a change. Because to me its pretty obvious under this system Yearby is the best back.
I agree Walton hits the hole faster but yearby is a bit more elusive in traffic

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. I think in the one-two combo punch we have at rb, I would prefer seeing Yearby as the first back out there and spelled by Walton, rather than the other way around. But what do I know?

Walton has been a liability in pass pro as well, something Yearby does consistently well.

Advertisement
It's obvious to everyone but Rick that Yearby is the better RB. Walton is probably a try hard yes sir no sir guy who practices harder. But Yearby is much better on game day.

Neither are very good.

Disagree I think Yearby is a fine back not break away speed but can make a man miss in a phone booth elite feet.
And he is creating some of these holes with his cut back ability as bad as this online is you need a man back there that can make ppl miss.

Yearby did absolutely nothing against FSU iirc but has looked better overall since conference play began.

I don't think either one of them is special, but they've both suffered from the lack of passing threat. Teams are more likely to fill the box than normal right now.

Advertisement
If we could somehow combine Walton's speed and balance with yearby's vision and agility....man..

Walton has averaged under 3.5 ypc in 14 of the 19 games he's played.

Why anyone wants to see Walton out there at all in any system is beyond me.

Walton still misses the holes when trying to run behind a lead blocker Que up FSU game.

He is not a natural running back and doesn't have great RB instincts (Patience, vision, feel). Case in point...Walton goes for a 2 yard gain on Yearby's long run. Yearby has enough wherewithal and patience that allowed himself to stay ready to exploit the little crease he exploited for a big gain.

Given our depth and shiftiness at WR i would put him in the slot and make him our Wes Welker type. I think he would be amazing. Hand off on some jet sweep too.

Advertisement
It's obvious to everyone but Rick that Yearby is the better RB. Walton is probably a try hard yes sir no sir guy who practices harder. But Yearby is much better on game day.

He sure as **** had no issues with playing the correct RB at GA. Why all of a sudden has he gone **** up here at Miami with playing the "better" RB?

He sure as **** had no issues with playing the correct RB at GA. Why all of a sudden has he gone **** up here at Miami with playing the "better" RB?

He was running a different offense at UGA running a lot more man blocking principles because he had the horses to do so.
Here we have more a finesse line (to put it in the nicest way) zone blocking and Yearby is for sure the better back for that system.

I think Yearby should get most of the carries, especially on those 3rd and short plays. Neither of these guys have really gave us much these last 4 games (especially Walton). I would like to see what Gus and Homer can do going forward. They can't be any worse than the 35-45 yards a game we've been getting from Walton the last 4 games.

*I like Walton, but not sure if he should be getting the bulk of the carries, right now.

Advertisement

You're right. He's infallible.

Yeah this continued overuse of Walton definitely has me at a loss. There has to be an explanation for giving him the bulk of the carries over Yearby but I certainly can't figure it out.

I think Walton would be fine running downhill at a pre-determined hole - "a seal here and a seal here and we're going to run it in the alley" - but that's not the run game that we're working with for the most part. Even when we do run power out of the gun he still can't go the right way.

If we're going to go mainly 11 or 12 personnel, spread the field, and zone block right/left, we need to have Yearby in there. Duke was an elite zone runner, Yearby is not Duke but he's productive enough to keep us on schedule (most of the time anyway). Obviously nothing is guaranteed with this OL fail.

Advertisement
Back