Walton over Yearby

DiegoCane

All-ACC
What is Richt and Brown looking at? Walton might have the worst vision of any RB I've ever seen. He runs up the back of his blockers constantly

Stats vs Power 5 teams:

Walton 64 carries 203 yards 3.18 ypc
Yearby 38 carries 237 yards 6.27 ypc

Yearby isn't fast but his feet and vision are elite, he gets to the 2nd level a lot. This is a simple fix to help the offense.

Advertisement
Just one of a long list of examples of Richt having zero idea of what he's doing.

Walton needs to sit next to Lewis on the bench . At least yearby has vision and excellent wiggle . He can get out of the backfield rather than run up ol's back

Nominee for Porst of the year... I watched him run into the back of lineman 3 times tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The continued use of Walton over Yearby is the most concerning decision CMR is making. I hate jumping ship already, but if an obvious choice like that is missed it makes me question his ability to coach at all. I know there are other issues, but.... ****.

The continued use of Walton over Yearby is the most concerning decision CMR is making. I hate jumping ship already, but if an obvious choice like that is missed it makes me question his ability to coach at all. I know there are other issues, but.... ****.

This is the easiest fix, just play the better player.

Something doesn't smell right with this decision.

Advertisement
Richt has always liked those down hill big hard running backs. He thinks Walton is one of those but he is just not. Yearby is so the better back. I hate to say it but Golden used these two better than Richt has so far.

Yearby is the better runner. Walton is unique in the passing game but we don't use him there.

Advertisement
I have been beating this drum forever...it makes absolutely no sense why Yearby isn't our lead back. No sense at all.

What is Richt and Brown looking at? Walton might have the worst vision of any RB I've ever seen. He runs up the back of his blockers constantly

Stats vs Power 5 teams:

Yearby isn't fast but his feet and vision are elite, he gets to the 2nd level a lot. This is a simple fix to help the offense.

It's baffling, Walton is a very good/effective pass catcher out of the backfield but as a runner he simply has tunnel vision and leaves yards on the table. Yearby may not have great top-end speed but he makes consistently good reads/cuts....

Advertisement
Richt and the offensive staff appear to be completely clueless and unwilling/to stubborn to make any changes. Looks similar to how married Golden was to his ****** defensive scheme.

Move Walton to receiver and Yearby as the lead back. Gives you Gus as a short yardage back and a chance for Homer, who is our most athletically gifted back, to show us something.

Stats vs Power 5 teams:

**** is WOAT. Another WOAT decision

Advertisement
Back