WALTON GON START FRIM DAY 1

Advertisement
Advertisement
Joe Yearby? The guy had a solid year. I thought he had the best chances of getting the start, but it's nice to have Walton with us

Joe Yearby? The guy had a solid year. I thought he had the best chances of getting the start, but it's nice to have Walton with us

I'll probably get ripped for this, but I'm just not overly impressed with Yearby. To be honest, I was more impressed with the progress Gus made this past year than what I saw from Yearby. I'll agree that Joe is extremely shifty and is a great receiver out of the backfield. But that dude gets absolutely engulfed by D-lineman and LBers. And he doesn't have break away speed at all. If we can find an every down back (Gus, Gray or Walton) and use Yearby in a Darren Sproles kind of role, that would be ideal. But I just don't see Yearby ever being a great every down, between-the-tackles back. Hes just too small. I hope I'm wrong though.

Feel free to rip away.

I'll probably get ripped for this, but I'm just not overly impressed with Yearby. To be honest, I was more impressed with the progress Gus made this past year than what I saw from Yearby. I'll agree that Joe is extremely shifty and is a great receiver out of the backfield. But that dude gets absolutely engulfed by D-lineman and LBers. And he doesn't have break away speed at all. If we can find an every down back (Gus, Gray or Walton) and use Yearby in a Darren Sproles kind of role, that would be ideal. But I just don't see Yearby ever being a great every down, between-the-tackles back. Hes just too small. I hope I'm wrong though.

Feel free to rip away.

No ripping needed. Everything you said makes sense. The key things that stick out to me from Yearby really are his receiving skills. It would be nice if we had a nice between the tackles back like Alfred Morris and be able to use Yearby as a Darren Sproles type player lol. Let's see how things go. As of now I'm ****ed that we didn't get Scarlett or Cronkrite but I don't think we have a bad class

LOL That boy is average..If he starts here kill me

Boi stop, that kid ain't never been average a day in his life. Kid been winning ships since he was a jit and no one ever left a game watching him saying he's average

Advertisement

Feel free to rip away.

whats the difference with Walton and Yearby? Walton is listed at 5'10 179lbs on 247 so he's just as small (Yearby is listed as 5'9 192lbs). also listed with a 4.68 40 so he's not going to bring long speed either. Are these measurables not right? when we had the 4 RB committed, based on film I ranked them as Scarlett, Williams, Walton, Cronkite (always felt like he was a better safety). I usually defer to the people who see them in person as I don't live in florida so what am I missing on Walton that makes him an every down back and not yearby?

Boi stop, that kid ain't never been average a day in his life. Kid been winning ships since he was a jit and no one ever left a game watching him saying he's average

RB on the #1 team in the state of Florida of the last 3 years..... Film dont lie mane. YOu cant be small and slow... Hopefully he will be a lil stronger then yearby

Feel free to rip away.

whats the difference with Walton and Yearby? Walton is listed at 5'10 179lbs on 247 so he's just as small (Yearby is listed as 5'9 192lbs). also listed with a 4.68 40 so he's not going to bring long speed either. Are these measurables not right? when we had the 4 RB committed, based on film I ranked them as Scarlett, Williams, Walton, Cronkite (always felt like he was a better safety). I usually defer to the people who see them in person as I don't live in florida so what am I missing on Walton that makes him an every down back and not yearby?
ng
You are missing nothing..if he went to Carol City instead of Booker T, we would not be ravi about him.. HE is a less agile, stronger yearby with great hands

RB on the #1 team in the state of Florida of the last 3 years..... Film dont lie mane. YOu cant be small and slow... Hopefully he will be a lil stronger then yearby

You forgot that Yearby was on a rocket team that won a ship right?

Advertisement

You forgot that Yearby was on a rocket team that won a ship right?

Yearby was a better high school RB then Walton and thats not arguable... Yearby get e lil more stength and weight, HE will always be better then Walton... Hes not the homerun hitter but Yearby has explosion that Walton does not..neither of them are fast

Reading this thread just makes more more angry about losing that much depth at rb from an epic fail on NSD.

I like Walton...he reminds me a bit of Matt Forte in that he's fluid, not a burner, but he's an all around back that has the ability to take over b/c of his will. I think he will be a real player here.

What most of us continue to forget about Yearby is that he just came off a broken leg last year. In all honesty, he probably came back a bit too soon, but he's a gamer. Coming in 100% healthy this year w/ a little more strength, he'll be good. He's definitely not an every down back at this stage of his career, but he'll be our No. 1, there's no doubt in my mind. I think we were so enamored with Cook and what he did at FSU that we all wrote off Yearby as the comparision game began to come about. Cook played behind one of the best OLs and had many weapons protecting him. Yearby had a true Frosh QB, and made-shift OL, and spotty play calling at his disposal along w/ playing behind the great Duke. I'm not writing Joe off by any means, b/c b4 he got injured, he was that dude.

Yearby averaged almost 6 yards a carry last year as a true freshman (like someone metioned, off of a broken leg). He was the #7 RB in the country last year. He's awesome. I think we are tainted because he was playing next to Duke, who makes everyone look slower and more average. Yearby is amazing, we are lucky to have him.

Advertisement
Yearby averaged almost 6 yards a carry last year as a true freshman (like someone metioned, off of a broken leg). He was the #7 RB in the country last year. He's awesome. I think we are tainted because he was playing next to Duke, who makes everyone look slower and more average. Yearby is amazing, we are lucky to have him.
Yearby hits the hole faster than Duke and that's a fact

Right now and in high school Yearby > Walton.. I don't think its close. Is it possible Walton develops into a better back? Sure. But put down the kool-aid.

lol so what you saying he didn't play a role in why that team was the #1 team in the state the last two years? Also they could have anyone they wanted at RB but no one wanted to come bang with him at the position just like no one wanted to bang when he was leading Northside to ships or at SLV. Yeah he's really small and slow smh. Everyone can't have Dalvin top end speed but he has good acceleration in first five yards and can get around the corner when needed and is able to run through tackles.

You know who else was around 5'10, 185lb, and running a 4.6 coming out of HS and played in a spread off??? Probably the best sfl HS rb ever or atleast the last 30 years. Frank wasn't a blazer at all. He had good balance and body control (like Mark), excellent vision and instincts (like Mark) and knew how to break and run through arm tackles (like Mark). Most importantly just like Frank he has a frame that will allow him to properly become a 200+ lb back something Duke and Joe frames don't allow them to do. That's why Duke looks like a **** Dorito who doesn't take leg days serious. Mark doesn't and won't have those problems. He has solid upper body and thick hammys that give him the leg strength needed to break tackles (something Joe doesn't do well).

I know you got this thing that anyone who decides to play for these losers must be a loser too, but this kid ain't that. There's reason just about every scouting service has him listed above Scarlett in their rankings even though he could still be a Hs Jr if he followed the sfl motto of graduating HS a year behind their correct class like many of the RBs everyone on this site salivates over including Scarlett. People need to stop thinking that if you're not a sprint champion you can't still be really effective in what you do.

Yearby hits the hole faster than Duke and that's a fact

I was just talking about top end speed. I haven't measured their time through the hole, so will defer to those that have.

Advertisement
Back