WalterFootball Brad Kaaya Analysis

Does Kaaya translate to the NFL after this season? He's certainly not ready now but could see him leaving if he has a huge Junior season.

I mean if he could've left this season, there would be no conversation about who the best QB in the draft is unlike next year or the year after with Josh Rosen, it would've been Brad Kaaya then everyone else. I still believe if he has a really good year this year he'll be the highest rated QB to come out since Andrew Luck but again he isn't Andrew Luck

Just sayin, the mock drafts I've seen for the 2017 draft Kaaya and Watson where the only QBs taken #10th and #20th .
Walter football has them 1 and 8

Another writer last name Campbell has Kaaya #9- St Louis or Miami - Watson # 20-NYJets from WF

Advertisement
Next year is the year you typically see how strong the 2018 QB class is going to be. Deshaun Watson appears to be number one on most list. I don't see a team not taking him as the first QB pick, even if it is more risky then a pro style QB. Outside of Watson I have no idea where everyone else lands. There is plenty of time for some unknown QB to step up or someone like Kaaya to take the next step. My hope is it is Kaaya because that would mean we are winning games again. The purpose of the thread was not to blast Kaaya but rather have a discussion on the remarks from WalterFootball.

You don't hope it's kaaya. You do not like him at all. There have been several posts by you saying the same thing about him.

The guy was raw coming out of high school. Most people thought he should be redshirted to add muscle and work on his mechanics.

James coley has never coached or developed a qb in his life so it's amazing kaaya has made the strides he has. With richt coaching him I know he will get that much better.

I have made similar post about Yearby. In general I am not a fan of crowning players before they do anything, If you believe the boards Sam Bruce is a once in a decade type player and Jack Allison is a lot better than Jacob Eason. Look I root for the Canes too but I just want to see fair evaluations done. I've read on this board how great the HS QB talent is in Florida right now and then I read on SB how bad it is. If we are going to have a conversation about QB then lets stop comparing him to Peyton Manning and Tom Brady because Kaaya isn't as good as those guys.

I agree he is not manning or brady. I think people are more so comparing physical ability because those guys are not mobile. Rivers is a statue in the pocket but has had a lot of success.

I never crowned kaaya and said this guy is a lock top 5 pick. I see and acknowledge however that he is a good qb and see enough flaws that make me believe if corrected he can be better.

Everybody knows the guy still has work to do but there is no need to try and act like he is some garbage qb. Could you imagine how horrible this team would be without him?

People keep mentioning all the talent he lost from his Freshman year. Most QB's dream of that kind of talent. A good QB makes those around him better as someone previously mentioned.

How many people had Clive Walford as an All-American before Kaaya? How many had Dorsett as a first round receiver? Kaaya made those guys better as a true freshman.

This year, his offensive line couldn't pass block and we still finished Top 25 in sack percentage. Who do you think deserves credit for that?

Your contrarian schtick is tired.

Spot on

Nobody knew brady was going to be this good. He wasn't a first round pick.

Does Kaaya translate to the NFL after this season? He's certainly not ready now but could see him leaving if he has a huge Junior season.

I mean if he could've left this season, there would be no conversation about who the best QB in the draft is unlike next year or the year after with Josh Rosen, it would've been Brad Kaaya then everyone else. I still believe if he has a really good year this year he'll be the highest rated QB to come out since Andrew Luck but again he isn't Andrew Luck

Just sayin, the mock drafts I've seen for the 2017 draft Kaaya and Watson where the only QBs taken #10th and #20th .

Another writer last name Campbell has Kaaya #9- St Louis or Miami - Watson # 20-NYJets from WF
I know, I wasn't disagreeing with you

People keep mentioning all the talent he lost from his Freshman year. Most QB's dream of that kind of talent. A good QB makes those around him better as someone previously mentioned.

How many people had Clive Walford as an All-American before Kaaya? How many had Dorsett as a first round receiver? Kaaya made those guys better as a true freshman.

This year, his offensive line couldn't pass block and we still finished Top 25 in sack percentage. Who do you think deserves credit for that?

Your contrarian schtick is tired.

Oh please....almost missed this.

Walford came around. Part of that was Clive, part was BK using him as his safety blanket, and part of it was design. Yes, I said design and I haven't seen anyone give anything to Coley but ****, but part of his bi-polar offense was predicated on short / quick routes. It was a combination of a bunch of things.

Regarding Dorsett, even though he was a first round draft pick, he still never played like it here. He had a good showing, but BK hindered him more than he helped him. His deep ball was wildly inconsistent. Morris had a better deep ball than Kaaya has shown and would've done more for him draft wise. In fact a lot of college quarterbacks would've as well.

The biggest factor though in Dorsett getting drafted was his 40 time. His God given talent played more of a part than anything Kaaya ever did for him.

Your last point again falls on multiple people. BK, Coley, etc. When you have a lack of production in stats that matter, TD's, chain moving plays, etc....that's all I care about. Some of the best QB's at any level get sacked multiple times a game, dust themselves off, and move on.

Contrarian, please, call it whatever you like. BK has a ton of work to do and I'd be shocked if he ever goes anywhere near the first round. Disagree, fine, but I'd be willing to bet I'm right on this one in the end.

Kayaa is not our issue clearly

Our swizz cheese defense needs to greatly improve

Im scared for our O Line

Looks like we might finally have corches

Advertisement
I tend agree with tay.

Why do feel Kaaya wont return for his Sr season?
How many guys return to college if they're projected 1st rounders? I'd bet it's an infinitesimally small percentage.

A small percentage granted but Kaaya seems to enjoy the college life and he knows the NFL isnt going anywhere. BK is smart enough to know 2 years with Richt, he'll refine his skill set. That will only enhance his draft stock and maybe he leads us to the CFB playoffs his senior yr.
Luck, a much more high profile player then Kaaya going into his Jr season, knew he'd be a top 10 pick easy but choose to return to Stanford. same with Peyton and they both were the top picks in their drafts.
Two great examples, Ro. But that's two guys 15 years apart. The percentages don't at all support the hope that Kaaya returns for his senior season.

I tend agree with tay.

Why do feel Kaaya wont return for his Sr season?
How many guys return to college if they're projected 1st rounders? I'd bet it's an infinitesimally small percentage.

A small percentage granted but Kaaya seems to enjoy the college life and he knows the NFL isnt going anywhere. BK is smart enough to know 2 years with Richt, he'll refine his skill set. That will only enhance his draft stock and maybe he leads us to the CFB playoffs his senior yr.
Luck, a much more high profile player then Kaaya going into his Jr season, knew he'd be a top 10 pick easy but choose to return to Stanford. same with Peyton and they both were the top picks in their drafts.
Two great examples, Ro. But that's two guys 15 years apart. The percentages don't at all support the hope that Kaaya returns for his senior season.

There's been other QBs and different positions that have return.
Jones from OSU last year but he should've left after beating Bama he lost $$$$$$ returning to OSU. Now thats the concern of returning a major injury or a bad season and your draft stock drops and lose out on $$$$$

Contrarian, please, call it whatever you like. BK has a ton of work to do and I'd be shocked if he ever goes anywhere near the first round. Disagree, fine, but I'd be willing to bet I'm right on this one in the end.

You said that Kaaya is "the most overhyped QB we've had in a long time." That tells me one of three things: 1) you stopped watching the Canes in 2002; 2) you're trolling; or 3) the losing has turned you into a mope.

I believe it's number three, and I feel your pain. But don't take it out on Kaaya.

Is he a first rounder? I don't know. QB stock is volatile. I thought Morris would be a second rounder. Kaaya has three things going for him: he's tall, he's accurate and he thinks quick. At the college level, that's all you need.

The Gators and the Noles would bury bodies for a QB like Kaaya. Most teams would. He's the last thing I'm worried about with this team.

I know, I wasn't disagreeing with you

Its all good.

Advertisement

You said that Kaaya is "the most overhyped QB we've had in a long time." That tells me one of three things: 1) you stopped watching the Canes in 2002; 2) you're trolling; or 3) the losing has turned you into a mope.

I believe it's number three, and I feel your pain. But don't take it out on Kaaya.

Is he a first rounder? I don't know. QB stock is volatile. I thought Morris would be a second rounder. Kaaya has three things going for him: he's tall, he's accurate and he thinks quick. At the college level, that's all you need.

The Gators and the Noles would bury bodies for a QB like Kaaya. Most teams would. He's the last thing I'm worried about with this team.

4) I just don't think he's that special. He, like Morris, can look good at times and then horrible at others. Same was true of Jacory. None of them were anything close to consistent, but at least the other two in their two years of starting showed that they could pull out a win when we were down. Both of those guys had people saying first round at some point in their careers. They were essentially overhyped as well, and eventually reality sunk in for most rather than posters pointing at other aspects of the team (line, coaches, plays called, subpage run support, wideouts dropping balls, etc) to lay blame. Yes, it's never just one player at fault, but at such a critical position I'm quicker to call a spade a spade.

4) I just don't think he's that special. He, like Morris, can look good at times and then horrible at others. Same was true of Jacory. None of them were anything close to consistent, but at least the other two in their two years of starting showed that they could pull out a win when we were down. Both of those guys had people saying first round at some point in their careers. They were essentially overhyped as well, and eventually reality sunk in for most rather than posters pointing at other aspects of the team (line, coaches, plays called, subpage run support, wideouts dropping balls, etc) to lay blame. Yes, it's never just one player at fault, but at such a critical position I'm quicker to call a spade a spade.

Who was saying Jacory in the first round? Maybe some of the same morons on this board that are bashing Kaaya, but certainly no reputable NFL evaluator. I can't imagine Mel kiper, Todd McShay or Chris Mortensen ever uttered put the words "first round" and "jacory Harris" in the same sentence

do you people ****ting on kayaa realize he put up roughly the same exact numbers as jameis winston his freshmen year with less talent and a LOT i mean a **** LOAD less coaching?

Not to mention Brad was a TRUE freshman and Winston was basically a sophomore when he started (RS Freshman)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back