Walter Tucker update

I hope the kid does well to shut up the starwhores on the site or the guys who want "big names". Did anyone expect Fentress to be a name we were reading about after games? Let the man get on campus and strap a helmet on and become a roleplayer wherever the team needs him.

Advertisement
Why would anyone complain about filling an open slot? He's not taking a spot from a more "worthy" recruit. If he doesn't show flashes on the gridiron this year, maybe he moves to track full time. Who knows? I smdh at people who dismiss the importance of athletic, fast special teamers. This guy has the makeup to be exactly that.

not a fan of him as a take at LB....pretty much at all.

If your going tobe undersized..u better be built like DP..who is like 5'10 but came in at 215-220. Tucker is like 5'11 190-200....add to it..i dont think bulking him up is going to benefit him on the track..which is likely where his talents will be used more.

We'll see how it goes...i know he can run though...going to like him on specials...i expect a RS.

So you're mad that we took a guy at a height and weight that you just made up?

huh?

I just made up??..kid has been liksted from 5'10 190 to biggest 5'11 200....just from the film and seeing him i'd guess he hovers around the size i posted.

I'm not mad about the take....i liked it as a two sport kid...and liked to see him as maybe a power back/special teams guy.

I dont like him at LB though, but where was i mad about him being a cane?. **** i like the take just for the fact that it could help with Sony...and gives Mike Rumph his first cane recruit.

And before all the Spence was that size, Perryman that size stuff....Sean Spence is a kid that played Linebacker since his pop warner days...Perryman same thing....this is a kid that was used at a hybrid spot an played small school ball and not at a remotely close level as DP and Sean Spence.

You like him as a power back but don't think he has the potential to be big enough to play LB? Does not compute. He sure looks like he has a competent frame in those track highlights to put on enough size to be a college LB. On top of that, Corch Rumph was effusive in praising how tough Tucker is and how he relishes contact. Sounds like a pretty good LB prospect to me when you combine that mindset and frame with that blazing speed.

So are we saying we are at the point where we can give scholies to guys who can be "special teams nightmares"? Really? I dont know about that. If we are gonna do that I would rather give someone a scholie whos specialty is strictly KR/PR duties. A Trindan Holiday type. Or like the guy UF had a few years ago. His name escapes me. Sam Shields types are few and far between when you speak of gunners.

I am in the middle when it comes to this take. The only reason why im not against it is because Mike Rumph gave the okay. I am willing to give him a shot at giving us a reference. The last "track star" style LBs I can remember us having that were built like this kid were the "Bermuda Triangle" in 91' and 92'. So I guess we will see..

You guys see an undersized LBer or "meh" running back, I see a special teams nightmare. We need guys like this to fly down the field and decapitate people, which also saves our future starters like Grace and Figs from having to do kick offs and punt coverage(which is a great way to get injured btw). Having fast and explosive gunners and alley runners on KO and Punt team can help flip the field. If our defense wants to act half retarded again this year we may need that extra field position. Just a thought.
I'm sure he can play a role otherwise the coaches wouldn't take him, but I'm just wondering if a possible special teams contributor is worth a scholarship when we're already working under restricted numbers with more possible.

Advertisement
I doubt that the The Don signed him with the idea that he'll only be running down covering kicks. Pretty sure that's the fans making that theory up because Tucker's lack of stars doesn't make them tumescent, and it's slowly becoming fact like so much other internet buffoonery. Pretty sure The Don sees potential for this guy to make football plays for UM down the road at some position.

not a fan of him as a take at LB....pretty much at all.

If your going tobe undersized..u better be built like DP..who is like 5'10 but came in at 215-220. Tucker is like 5'11 190-200....add to it..i dont think bulking him up is going to benefit him on the track..which is likely where his talents will be used more.

We'll see how it goes...i know he can run though...going to like him on specials...i expect a RS.

So you're mad that we took a guy at a height and weight that you just made up?

huh?

I just made up??..kid has been liksted from 5'10 190 to biggest 5'11 200....just from the film and seeing him i'd guess he hovers around the size i posted.

I'm not mad about the take....i liked it as a two sport kid...and liked to see him as maybe a power back/special teams guy.

I dont like him at LB though, but where was i mad about him being a cane?. **** i like the take just for the fact that it could help with Sony...and gives Mike Rumph his first cane recruit.

And before all the Spence was that size, Perryman that size stuff....Sean Spence is a kid that played Linebacker since his pop warner days...Perryman same thing....this is a kid that was used at a hybrid spot an played small school ball and not at a remotely close level as DP and Sean Spence.

Kid just said he was 212. Why would he lie now?

There is NO WAY TUCKER BECOMES A LB @ UM! He wants to remain a world class sprinter and he can't do that at 230-240lbs so that he will max out at 215lbs to 220lbs which is to small for a linebacker in college.

Go canes

Completely disagree, a lot of good college LBs play at that weight. Off the top of my head Vilma, Spence, Webster, Lewis, etc have all played some of their college years at that weight. You see good LBs at that weight all across the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back