-Says he and Artie Burns have ran track together since they were 10
-Says they're best friends off the track but on the track they're enemies
-Says he and Burns go back and forth winning events
-Says they know each other well
-Says Burns wanted him go to Miami 3 months ago
-Starts classes on 25 June
-Says he and Coach Rumph have been talking about The U for a while
-Says he loves Miami and this is a wish come true

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Late-2013-Addition-Walter-Tucker-Ready-to-Compete-at-Miami-135700

Advertisement
Wow.. I for one was completely expecting Safety or RB, but I also thought he was only 195-200 lbs. Not sure how dedicated he will be to putting on the size necessary to be a LB if he's focused on track at all.

Advertisement
It don't take no numbers to see that this kid is thick and can run. Around the 4:30 mark of this video convinced me.
[video=youtube;wBVtTBMfkxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBVtTBMfkxI[/video]

not a fan of him as a take at LB....pretty much at all.

If your going tobe undersized..u better be built like DP..who is like 5'10 but came in at 215-220. Tucker is like 5'11 190-200....add to it..i dont think bulking him up is going to benefit him on the track..which is likely where his talents will be used more.

We'll see how it goes...i know he can run though...going to like him on specials...i expect a RS.

Advertisement
There is NO WAY TUCKER BECOMES A LB @ UM! He wants to remain a world class sprinter and he can't do that at 230-240lbs so that he will max out at 215lbs to 220lbs which is to small for a linebacker in college.

Go canes

He IS thick. Big butt, thick down through the legs. Doesn't look like a typical hurdler.

AT ALL ....it is wierd that he runs so welll in hurdles...i guess because the kid has been doing it so long.

You look at Artie Burns and u can say ya...that kid looks like he can fly over hurdles....but he is a little odd...Last one like him i remember that ran some hurdles that was built like that was my boy Jon Beason who dabbled a lil bit with hurdles and long jump

You guys see an undersized LBer or "meh" running back, I see a special teams nightmare. We need guys like this to fly down the field and decapitate people, which also saves our future starters like Grace and Figs from having to do kick offs and punt coverage(which is a great way to get injured btw). Having fast and explosive gunners and alley runners on KO and Punt team can help flip the field. If our defense wants to act half retarded again this year we may need that extra field position. Just a thought.

SMH at some of these responses and LMFAO at Paranos.

Low risk high reward potential. IDGAF where he contributes or how much he weighs.

Advertisement

If your going tobe undersized..u better be built like DP..who is like 5'10 but came in at 215-220. Tucker is like 5'11 190-200....add to it..i dont think bulking him up is going to benefit him on the track..which is likely where his talents will be used more.

We'll see how it goes...i know he can run though...going to like him on specials...i expect a RS.

So you're mad that we took a guy at a height and weight that you just made up?

There is NO WAY TUCKER BECOMES A LB @ UM! He wants to remain a world class sprinter and he can't do that at 230-240lbs so that he will max out at 215lbs to 220lbs which is to small for a linebacker in college.

Go canes

There's a large amount of 215-220 lbs playing big time d 1 football. Spence was in that ball park his entire career.

I think some need to adjust their expectation... He should be a monster special teamer and a situational LB.

Advertisement
Kid was back up to Sony, so we don't know how good he is. I remember the first game Edge played from being a back up. All I could think of was "Why the **** was he starting." An then who played FB to Portis on the last NC team-- yeap Willis "get drafted in 1st round with lown up knee" McGahee. This kid could be special at RB, but I would like to start putting speed and talent on the D. Guess it depends on how the other RBs do this year spelling THE DUKE.

He IS thick. Big butt, thick down through the legs. Doesn't look like a typical hurdler.

FWIW, I'd say he may have a future at FB...

I mean, he doesn't shy away from contact running the ball, and has decent size at 6'0 212; just needs 10-15 more pounds, and he isn't a bad "runner" in a FB's sense of the term.

If this guy doesn't flash LB instincts that jump out at you, then FB is his best bet!

Let him come in and compete with Agustus Edwards, so that they can push each other to get better.

So you're mad that we took a guy at a height and weight that you just made up?

huh?

I just made up??..kid has been liksted from 5'10 190 to biggest 5'11 200....just from the film and seeing him i'd guess he hovers around the size i posted.

I'm not mad about the take....i liked it as a two sport kid...and liked to see him as maybe a power back/special teams guy.

I dont like him at LB though, but where was i mad about him being a cane?. **** i like the take just for the fact that it could help with Sony...and gives Mike Rumph his first cane recruit.

And before all the Spence was that size, Perryman that size stuff....Sean Spence is a kid that played Linebacker since his pop warner days...Perryman same thing....this is a kid that was used at a hybrid spot an played small school ball and not at a remotely close level as DP and Sean Spence.

Honestly, there could be worse takes. Maybe we found someone that contribute on the field/help on ST....at worst, we've found someone who we can beat the **** out of in practice (limiting the contact on Duke). If he turns into a ST terror or maybe even becomes a short yardage pickup guy, awesome. If not and he's just a good practice dummy who gets a degree, good for him. If he sucks, just burry him on the depth chart, beat the **** out of him in practice and maybe the kid transfers or takes his licks.

I know, probably not the nice way of looking at it...just being honest.

Advertisement
Back