Wake vs Miami 6 pm ESPNU

Advertisement
I'm sure WF is scratching their heads over the Free Throw disparity. We shot 27, they shot 8. We were +15 at the line, which more than determined the outcome. Reminiscent of a Duke game.

Crowd on TV looked pretty decent. Anybody who was there to confirm that?

Advertisement
I'm sure WF is scratching their heads over the Free Throw disparity. We shot 27, they shot 8. We were +15 at the line, which more than determined the outcome. Reminiscent of a Duke game.

Crowd on TV looked pretty decent. Anybody who was there to confirm that?

You sound like the announcers. We’re not a physical team and our guards are extremely quick and skilled. We just don’t foul that much. And Wake fouled a lot. There was absolutely no disparity in officiating.

The overreacting on this board is amazing

I have no idea what's going on, but we're 11-3, 3-0 right now
Many years Notsince we would been completely thrilled with our chances with this group.Winning makes everyone work harder and improve that’s how good teams become great teams when everyone can fill a role.

For those really close to the UM bball situation, do you think miami's current team can be close to what we were in 2015-2016 when we went to sweet 16?

Imagine if miami still had Matt cross? We would be even better. **** shame.

Advertisement
For those really close to the UM bball situation, do you think miami's current team can be close to what we were in 2015-2016 when we went to sweet 16?

This team isn't nearly that good. That said, this team is exceeding expectations so far.

If Gak stays healthy and settles in and everybody else stays healthy this team can be the best team L has had at Miami. It’s all about matchups and this team is a tough matchup if they’re hot.

Guard play makes Coach L’s teams go. I think this may turn out to be best backcourt we have had at the U.

And I think between Sam, Walker, and Gak the front court can be serviceable. Coach L has shown the ability to develop players over the course of a season.

Always been a big fan of Coach L. My critique has been about not filling out roster adequately.

Heck if a job this year. Though he should’ve identified earlier than Miller is not a starting center in the ACC.

Agree. If we had Nysier Brooks this year (or had replaced him), I'd think this definitely could be a NCAA team.

I just think without any inside presence it'll cost us games. I'm glad they've gotten off to this start though. Wong and McGusty are a great scoring duo

If Gak stays healthy and settles in and everybody else stays healthy this team can be the best team L has had at Miami. It’s all about matchups and this team is a tough matchup if they’re hot.

Guard play makes Coach L’s teams go. I think this may turn out to be best backcourt we have had at the U.

And I think between Sam, Walker, and Gak the front court can be serviceable. Coach L has shown the ability to develop players over the course of a season.
Gak has almost never stayed healthy here so let's hope he can this year.

Advertisement

This backcourt isn't nearly as good as the Shane Larkin ACC Championship Squad. I would dare say, it's tough to rank them ahead of the Angel Rodriguez/Sheldon McClellan years either. It's a good backcourt, with some talented guys, but you don't a lot of bodies to throw around.

What made the Larkin years so great was the DEPTH of talent. You had Larkin, you had Durand Scott, you had Trey McKinney-Jones and you had the young guys like Rion Brown and others that were swingmen types. You combine that with an experienced, versatile frontcourt, and you get a team that dominated the ACC, back when the ACC was far and away the best conference in the sport. This team doesn't have that kind of talent. Honestly, that 2012 Miami team would beat this team by 20+, because Julian Gamble, Kenny Kadji and Reggie Johnson would dominate inside.

Advertisement
This backcourt isn't nearly as good as the Shane Larkin ACC Championship Squad. I would dare say, it's tough to rank them ahead of the Angel Rodriguez/Sheldon McClellan years either. It's a good backcourt, with some talented guys, but you don't a lot of bodies to throw around.

What made the Larkin years so great was the DEPTH of talent. You had Larkin, you had Durand Scott, you had Trey McKinney-Jones and you had the young guys like Rion Brown and others that were swingmen types. You combine that with an experienced, versatile frontcourt, and you get a team that dominated the ACC, back when the ACC was far and away the best conference in the sport. This team doesn't have that kind of talent. Honestly, that 2012 Miami team would beat this team by 20+, because Julian Gamble, Kenny Kadji and Reggie Johnson would dominate inside.

Wong is 10x the player Angel was and McGusty is on McClellan level (edit McGusty is putting up better numbers so far this year and I don’t see that stopping). Adding Moore and Joseph and Miller on the wing… I totally disagree. This team has a much better backcourt than 2015.

This team would get blown out by 2012 today… but I believe Wong will prove to be a markedly better player than Larkin and this backcourt has a chance to be better than that one. That team had meat that this team just doesn’t… but this team could get hot at the right time and he just as exciting.

Last edited:
Guess you didn’t catch the NC ST game but we adjusted to that problem in the second half.
We can't adjust our way into being a good rebounding team. We won't get crushed on the glass every half. We'll have some halves where we look decent on the glass, none where we look good, and then others where we get dominated. Wednesday's "adjustment" didn't carry over to today.

Shooting 60% from the field, including 50% from three is fun to watch. And we really needed to shoot that well to win tonight. Wong and McGusty will always fill it up for us, but Jordan Miller has been a crucial scorer for the last two games. If he can be a legit three-point threat every night it'll be huge for us. Also, I've been frustrated by Charlie Moore for most of the season, but this is a **** of a line... 18 points on 6/7 shooting, 3/3 from three, 5 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers. Kinda got lost bc Wong was getting all the attention, but wow, that's a great line.
He's been fantastic during the win streak.

Really enjoying watching this team play right now. I still think we're gonna get mauled by the more physical teams with skilled bigs and I doubt Moore is gonna play like that every night but our guards give us a shot every game.

Advertisement
Back