Wake vs Miami 6 pm ESPNU

Advertisement
L seems much more like the Coach L of old the last month or so rather than an old Coach L. He was pumping up the crowd tonight, and last month during the ACC opener I could hear him yelling at the team from my seats just before we went on our game winning run.

Advertisement
Shooting 60% from the field, including 50% from three is fun to watch. And we really needed to shoot that well to win tonight. Wong and McGusty will always fill it up for us, but Jordan Miller has been a crucial scorer for the last two games. If he can be a legit three-point threat every night it'll be huge for us. Also, I've been frustrated by Charlie Moore for most of the season, but this is a **** of a line... 18 points on 6/7 shooting, 3/3 from three, 5 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers. Kinda got lost bc Wong was getting all the attention, but wow, that's a great line.

Shooting 60% from the field, including 50% from three is fun to watch. And we really needed to shoot that well to win tonight. Wong and McGusty will always fill it up for us, but Jordan Miller has been a crucial scorer for the last two games. If he can be a legit three-point threat every night it'll be huge for us. Also, I've been frustrated by Charlie Moore for most of the season, but this is a **** of a line... 18 points on 6/7 shooting, 3/3 from three, 5 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers. Kinda got lost bc Wong was getting all the attention, but wow, that's a great line.
Moore had the range tonight, you could see he was locked in early.

Advertisement
Will this start to the year have an effect on recruiting? Whether for '22, '23 or the transfer portal?

I have to imagine surpassing last year's wins total after 14 games (and with a solid recruiting class locked in) has created SOME excitement on the trail

Always been a big fan of Coach L. My critique has been about not filling out roster adequately.

Heck if a job this year. Though he should’ve identified earlier than Miller is not a starting center in the ACC.

He got squeezed between reaching for players to up the talent level and the FBI investigation. Then he didn’t want to go backward to 2-3 stars and missed some prospects… and the rest is the frustrating tale of the last 3 years.

They have finally turned the page and recruiting is back at top 20 pace.

Sam will make a big difference (needs to test negative to get cleared) and Gak’s play tonight was super encouraging - even if he is on a pitch count.

Will this start to the year have an effect on recruiting? Whether for '22, '23 or the transfer portal?

I have to imagine surpassing last year's wins total after 14 games (and with a solid recruiting class locked in) has created SOME excitement on the trail

Already signed a top 20 class for ‘22 including a top 100 center. This will certainly help for ‘23.

L seems much more like the Coach L of old the last month or so rather than an old Coach L. He was pumping up the crowd tonight, and last month during the ACC opener I could hear him yelling at the team from my seats just before we went on our game winning run.
I think the hiring of Mario woke him up a bit🤔

Advertisement
nice post

Good win and nice to see Canes win with Kam human.

Not sure I'm as eager to see Sam return as some of y'all. Gak was pretty Deng adequate tonight.

I'm still a bit bemused why there is generally no one near the basket on most perimeter shots. They have a big camped under the basket on almost every long try, and the offensive rebound totals tell the story again. Fortunately, 50% of the shots (and others from perimeter) went in.

Advertisement
Good win and nice to see Canes win with Kam human.

Not sure I'm as eager to see Sam return as some of y'all. Gak was pretty Deng adequate tonight.

I'm still a bit bemused why there is generally no one near the basket on most perimeter shots. They have a big camped under the basket on almost every long try, and the offensive rebound totals tell the story again. Fortunately, 50% of the shots (and others from perimeter) went in.

Gak played deng good tonight… but Sam still adds way more in rebounding and scoring. If Gak can protect the rim like he did the first half, I might call them a wash defensively… but Sam is still better at this moment.

We are such a guard oriented team with little size or bulk up front that our rebounding has been abysmal.

I don't know how Coach L can solve this but the number of offensive rebounds we allow is out of control.

We are such a guard oriented team with little size or bulk up front that our rebounding has been abysmal.

I don't know how Coach L can solve this but the number of offensive rebounds we allow is out of control.
Guess you didn’t catch the NC ST game but we adjusted to that problem in the second half.

Advertisement
Back