Waay to early 2024 projected depth chart. ( please advise/revise)

Advertisement
Mesidor and Bain played the same position this year (our 2 DE positions have different responsibilities it appears). With that said, I'd be very disappointed and very questionable of the staff if they aren't on the field/edges together.

Also, Bell has 3 years of eligibility to play 2. He won't force Rivers to LG unless him (or Pancake) can be dominate in spring and fall practices. Otherwise, he'll be a backup Tackle and probably line up at TE this year, and compete with Pancake next year for the starting job.
I think one of bain or mesidor should be at 3tech

QB: Cameron Ward/ Reese P./ JB/ EW
RB: Fletcher/ Parrish/ Allen/ ( ? )
X: ( Transfer)/ Horton/ Chance
Y JG/ Washington/ JoJo
Slot: Restrepo/ Ray Ray/ Carr
LT: Bell/ Pancake
LG: Rivers/ McCoy
C Zach Carpenter/ Rodriguez
RG: Cooper/ Kinsler
RT: FM / (Zion?)
TE: Arroyo?)/ Williams/ McCormick

DE: Bain/ Meisdor/ Blount
DT: DJ Clark/ Cook/ (Moten?)
DT: JHH/ (Scott?)/ ( Horton?)
DE: ( Alston?) / Kelly/ Wayne

LB: WB/ ( Washington?/ Bryant?)
MLB: Kiko/ ( Popo?/Pulliam?)

CB: ( Transfer?) / Porter/ ( Stafford?)
S: Savion Riley/ Patterson
S: Powell/ ( M. Williams?)
CB: Brown/ Richards
Star: J. Harris/ (?)
Why would you expect Reese to start over Brown, just asking

Advertisement
Bain and Mesidor will be starting. Rivers at LT
Makes sense. I thought the coaches might try Rivers at LG to see how good Pancake and Bell are at LT. If either really shines then Rivers could stay at LG.

Will Pancake be ready for spring? If Rivers stays at LT then who takes over at LG? Kinsler? McCoy? Spring will be a tremendous opportunity for TreVonte' Citizen. I really want to see him take it and put on a show!

Advertisement
Porter was on an island all year and no one stepped on it
Maybe we call him Little Saint James, if you end up there you're ****ed

Asking Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

Keep Rivers at LT and Pancake at LG if healthy. Porter and Mesidor likely are starters. Pretty much agree with everything else. We know another portal WR is a priority and at rb Citizen will be a big wild card if truly healthy.

View attachment 279977
something like this

btw I have our roster at 91. With most obvious guys out being Zion, sagapolu, Balom, Jacurri, Chase Smith, and at least one of Gore/Campbell/Burroughs.
This is an excellent guess imo as to what it could look like. A couple of questions however. Have you heard anything about Burroughs possibly staying? That would be absolutely huge if he could somehow get it together and stay. If Burroughs stays then I would have him starting next to CJ Clark with Cook and JHH rounding out the top 4. The great thing about the interior DL this season is the much improved depth. Take the top 4 I listed then remember that Mesidor and Bain can move inside on passing downs. That and guys like Horton, Scott and Jones will be putting tremendous pressure on the top of the depth chart as they are hungry and ultra talented. Ahmad Moten provides solid depth and will continue to improve.

I know I heard from someone on this board that the coaches have Malik Bryant at the Mike LB position so it will be very interesting who wins the backup MLB spot that Flagg had last season. I know that Raul Aguirre had been getting the most PT last season out of all the LBs not in the 4 man rotation so it will be interesting which 2 LBs get the roles vacated by Flagg and Cloyd. I'm going to say that Aguirre, Washington and Pulliam fight it out for those 2 spots.

I also heard that the staff likes Demari Brown at the Nickel/Star position because of his physicality. This would give us Porter and possibly Stafford or Richard at the two outside CB positions. The addition of Powell was huge because it not only strengthens and solidifies the 2 deep at both safety positions but it gives us increased flexibility as Powell can also play CB and Nickel as can Jadais Richard and Jaden Harris with Brown and Porter being able to play Nickel as well. Still the addition of a top notch CB in the portal would be ideal.

The competition at backup QB, all over the DL, the left side of the OL, at WR, RB, Safety, TE, LB and CB is going be absolutely insane and if you don't mind me saying, very reminiscent of the type of competition that hasn't been seen on Greentree for well over two decades.

Last edited:
Advertisement
QB: Cameron Ward/ Reese P./ JB/ EW
RB: Fletcher/ Parrish/ Allen/ ( ? )
X: ( Transfer)/ Horton/ Chance
Y JG/ Washington/ JoJo
Slot: Restrepo/ Ray Ray/ Carr
LT: Bell/ Pancake
LG: Rivers/ McCoy
C Zach Carpenter/ Rodriguez
RG: Cooper/ Kinsler
RT: FM / (Zion?)
TE: Arroyo?)/ Williams/ McCormick

DE: Bain/ Meisdor/ Blount
DT: DJ Clark/ Cook/ (Moten?)
DT: JHH/ (Scott?)/ ( Horton?)
DE: ( Alston?) / Kelly/ Wayne

LB: WB/ ( Washington?/ Bryant?)
MLB: Kiko/ ( Popo?/Pulliam?)

CB: ( Transfer?) / Porter/ ( Stafford?)
S: Savion Riley/ Patterson
S: Powell/ ( M. Williams?)
CB: Brown/ Richards
Star: J. Harris/ (?)
How do you not have Porter starting ?

I just didn't know how to do the depth chart best for DL cause I can see Bain and Mesidor starting a lot on early downs, but either/Both sliding in on passing downs, plus we'll be rotating a lot at EDGE imo. So I just went with listing the Big DEs and Small DEs separately in kinda order. Like the top 5 area all going to play alot - Bain, Mesidor, Alston, Kelly, and Wayne.
Real solid group right there. Hope those boys can stay healthy. If so it should be a fun year for the front 7

Advertisement
Not OP but I would venture to say it's because Poff has about 25 games of starting experience albeit in FCS. Also this is just opinion and speculation.
Emory and Jacurri both have major CFB starts under their belt. But I understand your perspective

Advertisement
Back