Waay two early 2024 projected depth chart. ( please advise/revise)

Unless we portal a #1, I think Ny is going to be at worst a 2nd teamer somewhere.
Also kinda hoping the LB room has some shuffling. Need some of the young blood to stand out asap.

Advertisement
QB: Cameron Ward/ Reese P./ JB/ EW
RB: Fletcher/ Parrish/ Allen/ ( ? )
X: ( Transfer)/ Horton/ Chance
Y JG/ Washington/ JoJo
Slot: Restrepo/ Ray Ray/ Carr
LT: Bell/ Pancake
LG: Rivers/ McCoy
C Zach Carpenter/ Rodriguez
RG: Cooper/ Kinsler
RT: FM / (Zion?)
TE: Arroyo?)/ Williams/ McCormick

DE: Bain/ Meisdor/ Blount
DT: DJ Clark/ Cook/ (Moten?)
DT: JHH/ (Scott?)/ ( Horton?)
DE: ( Alston?) / Kelly/ Wayne

LB: WB/ ( Washington?/ Bryant?)
MLB: Kiko/ ( Popo?/Pulliam?)

CB: ( Transfer?) / Porter/ ( Stafford?)
S: Savion Riley/ Patterson
S: Powell/ ( M. Williams?)
CB: Brown/ Richards
Star: J. Harris/ (?)
Porter and mesidoir are starting

Would love for Damari and Richard to hold down the outside CB spots (like they did against FSU) and Porter to play nickel. But I think Guidry likes a bigger more Safety type at Nickel so I’m sure we’ll see a mix of Porter, Powell, Harris etc.

Advertisement
MiamiDepthChart_5.3.24.png

Updated Depth Chart if we end up landing Ponds

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 288813
Updated Depth Chart if we end up landing Ponds
Just a few thoughts about Guidry's system and your depth chart. I was under the impression that in Guidry's scheme the SLB and what you are calling the Striker here are one and the same. Same with Star and Nickel in his scheme. Isn't Star a hybrid position CB/Safety? Isn't that what we call the Nickel is this scheme? Just like the SLB position is in essence a hybrid position that is LB/Safety. This is what Diaz called a Striker but Guidry doesn't call it that. He just calls it Sam. So in effect you have two extra position groups in your defensive chart. @Lance Roffers Am I on the right track here?

Edit: So I would erase the Striker group then adjust the Sam depth accordingly

Sam
Jaylin Alderman
Cam Pruitt
Bobby Washington
Adarius Hayes

Nickel/Star This is the tough one
Damari Brown
Michael Powell
Jadais Richard
Dylan Day

We need Powell at Free Safety so moving Damari Brown to Star just makes sense. Daryl Porter Jr. at Field CB and Dyoni Hill at Boundary CB. Just doing this little exercise has made it very clear that we still need more depth in the secondary. I was shocked that the Robbie Washington to CB experiment went nowhere. Washington certainly showed that he has the talent, we have a huge need and it's not like Robbie is going to be getting a ton of snaps at WR. Unless he refused the switch which would be foolish on his part. I'm at a loss to explain it.

Last edited:
That Safety depth is scary.
  1. Jaden Harris, unproven.
  2. Markeith Williams, skinny af and unproven.
  3. Zaquan Patterson, true freshmen.
  4. Shhhhheeeetttt.....Meesh Powell had 3x the number of snaps at Slot CB vs Safety last year.
It's pretty shocking too me they seemed to be prioritizing CBs this entire cycle and never once seriously pursued a big time Safety. I must be missing something?

Advertisement
Back