Waaaay Too Quiet In My Opinion

Advertisement
Al Golden is who this administration WANTS! Shalala and company care nothing about the football program. Just wait her out until the new president comes along and hopefully he cleans house starting with that cuckold who shares his wife with random men, Blake James.

Epic stand off.

Golden is daring the admin to fire him. He has refused their requests to make at least some cosmetic changes to the staff. Golden hates it here. His wife hates it here. He wants out but he has no market value and is not getting another head gig anytime soon. The buyout money is life changing. You can't walk away from 5 mil no matter how much you hate your job unless you have another one lined up with close to equal pay.

There is unfixable animosity between the BOT and Golden. Blake James is a shill and won't be around much longer. About as unqualified as you can possibly be. He is gone when the new prez comes in. Stuart Miller just took over as the prez of the BOT in May 2014. He runs a fortune 500 company. He is not going to take this **** from Golden.

If the BOT terminates Al, he wins. There are egos at play that can't handle that. Everyday Al is here is torture and they know that. They are trying to get Al to agree to a reduced buyout which he simply will not do. As painful as it will be, he can last the next 12 months here.

This thing is going to come to a head within the next few days. They won't fire him if he makes coaching changes to appease the media and fans. Muschamp did it with Roper full well knowing he was gone in 12 months.

If Al continues his insubordination, the BOT will have to swallow their pride and pay him the full buyout.

With all due respect, this says nothing.

Advertisement
People assume his buyout dramatically decreases next year. He would still have 4 years left right?

nobody could be happy with this situation. golden is like a dead man walking...he will not be successful here. why not just begin the process of moving forward sooner than later.

Not happy, but apathetic. The BOT, the president, and AD have spoken loudly about how they feel about Miami football with one big collective, "MEH!"

I think its more of a result of the lame duck president. it seems that they are apathetic but maybe the AD can't go against donna and donna doesn't want to make her last act as president firing the football coach.

UiF is going through the exact thing that we are going through. Darn near identical. A coach who is sh*tting the bed, a president that is about to step down, and a fan base that is fed up. The difference, their AD is a shark and ours is Dora from Finding Nemo!

Like him, or not ... Foley is a real AD. He's trying to win!

Wish we had an AD like that ...

Any chance there is something similar in Gorlden's contract?

Intersting to note: Shannon's Arkansas contract has a $100,000 buyout that runs through today. It drops to $50,000 tomorrow.
10:18am - 31 Dec 14

Wishful thinking but cot dammit

Advertisement
Epic stand off.

Golden is daring the admin to fire him. He has refused their requests to make at least some cosmetic changes to the staff. Golden hates it here. His wife hates it here. He wants out but he has no market value and is not getting another head gig anytime soon. The buyout money is life changing. You can't walk away from 5 mil no matter how much you hate your job unless you have another one lined up with close to equal pay.

There is unfixable animosity between the BOT and Golden. Blake James is a shill and won't be around much longer. About as unqualified as you can possibly be. He is gone when the new prez comes in. Stuart Miller just took over as the prez of the BOT in May 2014. He runs a fortune 500 company. He is not going to take this **** from Golden.

If the BOT terminates Al, he wins. There are egos at play that can't handle that. Everyday Al is here is torture and they know that. They are trying to get Al to agree to a reduced buyout which he simply will not do. As painful as it will be, he can last the next 12 months here.

This thing is going to come to a head within the next few days. They won't fire him if he makes coaching changes to appease the media and fans. Muschamp did it with Roper full well knowing he was gone in 12 months.

If Al continues his insubordination, the BOT will have to swallow their pride and pay him the full buyout.

And you know this how?? It seems some what logical. The BOT shouldn't look at it as losing bc they are only hurting the school. They are letting Al win if they let him stay. I would say here is your 5M. Spend wisely bc you will never see this kind of money as a position coach ever again. The stare down shows weakness on the University's part. They should write the check like its nothing to show Golden this place isn't for losers. I would say we thank you for your seevices but we are moving in a different direction.

A nice subtle GTFO would burn more then a ****ing match.

Epic stand off.

Interesting. I almost thought that Al was daring them to fire him just based on some of the pre-snap defensive formations during the Nebraska and Ga Tech games.

i don't think money is the problem here, it's the prez and BOT not wanting to admit they were wrong before the new contract even begins

i don't think money is the problem here, it's the prez and BOT not wanting to admit they were wrong before the new contract even begins

it's about ego and not wanting to admit error and having to spend the money to fix their mistake

Advertisement
Any chance there is something similar in Gorlden's contract?

Intersting to note: Shannon's Arkansas contract has a $100,000 buyout that runs through today. It drops to $50,000 tomorrow.
10:18am - 31 Dec 14

Wishful thinking but cot dammit

I imagine that's why "sources" are pointing to next year as the year to fire Golden. Technically, he's still on his 1st contract. Firing him before the extension kicks in is WAY worse than firing him AFTER year 1 of his extension.

Getting rid of him now is likely an $8MM hit, because it's not in the extension period ... So, he's probably due the full value of the contract. Getting rid of him after next year is likely a $3MM hit ... Which would be about half of his remaining contract.

Seems like the BoT are comparing the $2MM in salary next year to the $5MM spread in buyout, and are making a monetary decision to save $3MM.

More than likely, as much as we hate it, making a coaching change this season WILL NOT result in an additional $3MM in revenue to the school.

I'm not saying I agree with their decision. But I can see their position ...

it's about ego and not wanting to admit error and having to spend the money to fix their mistake

This.

But it all comes to a head soon. May not be what we want, but this ******* silence is what's really killing the fanbase....oh yea, and basically everything else going on within our program.

Admit error? There is nothing to admit. The error has occurred and everyone knows. His record on the field, recrutimg blunders, # of kids who have left due to academic,JAG, disciplinary reasons and a coach are evidence they ****ed up.

It's not their fault. He came in with a plan. He just can't execute it the right way.

It's just time to move in a different direction.

The bottom line is Golden isn't a good coach. He tried hard and did a good job of leading us through the NCAA investigation. He recruited pretty well and got the facilities upgraded, a training table etc.

It's just time to pass the baton to someone who can take it to the next level.

No hard feelings it's just where we are at as a program now. The admin has to look at it that way.

Advertisement
Too many people on this board seem to assume that the BOT, Shalala, James et al have the same must win championships outlook that the majority of the hardcore Miami football fans have. I would ask what actions have you seen from any of them to support the assumption that they are terribly concerned ove the current situation? Actions speak louder than words and their collective inactions scream that they just aren't that upset with the current situation. All of the principle players except James come from hard nose business and political backgrounds that loathe losing. IMO, they just don't see the current situation as that big of a loss. Hopefully the new president will bring a different perspective on the situation, but until he (or she) gets in here we really won't know where the program will sit on their overall priority list.

Everyone involved will look much worse (BOT, ALbortion, AD etc.) by allowing this for the 2015 season. They will all lose.

1. BOT: Another stupid decision followed by a chitty season which will have little support.

2. ALbortion: Will lay another egg and make future employment more difficult. Plus, this will be extremely difficult year for him mentally with all the backlash and torture.

3. AD: He is publicly supporting this decision and looks like a fool. His actions will make it difficult for him to get a future job.

I think its better to admit error now and cut your losses than have it shoved in your face for 12 consecutive Saturdays next Fall.

I think its better to admit error now and cut your losses than have it shoved in your face for 12 consecutive Saturdays next Fall.

Yep.

This is the classic "stop loss" situation like when you buy a crappy stock and hold onto it for some vague promise that it will go up in value again, not realizing that you should just cut ties and that there are 1000's of other opportunities out there.

Advertisement
Back