VT Tonight at 9PM

Advertisement
Solid win. Izundu really coming on strong and if he can keep it up it changes the dynamic of the team. We desperately need a guy who can score in the post. For the first 35 minutes, this team really moved the ball well. They have not done that all year and it's refreshing to see them passing instead of dribbling so much. We have to stop letting teams back in the game. Against BC and VT we were up 15 with under 4 minutes to go and both team had a chance to steal the game. We are very lucky that tech was called because it would have been too close for comfort. The team got the job done. On to Louisville

We overcame 5 Newton turnovers, an awful game from Brown, and some pretty lopsided officiating.

Great to see Izundu and Amp play so well the last 2 games.

Advertisement
Great win last night. VT always seemingly plays us tough, and it was good to get out with a W. On to Loserville.

Uhhh...that's because VT is a legit good team. They will be in the tournament this season. nothing but steady progress from Buzz Williams.

We still have a lot of work to do to get it. I figure we need to win 3 more to stay .500 in ACC play but winning 4 gets us in.

I agree about Izundu...he looked incredible last night. He brought great energy. **** even Kamari hit a mid-range jumper and scored in double figures. The team may be finding it's identity. Yes, we overcame a bad shooting night from Brown but he contributed in assists and rebounds.

We overcame 5 Newton turnovers, an awful game from Brown, and some pretty lopsided officiating.

Great to see Izundu and Amp play so well the last 2 games.

Agree the officiating was abysmal, and what little help we got on that end was wiped out by **** poor foul shooting. With Reed the only one keeping it together going 6/6. Team was 69.2% on FT's 9/13 vs VT's 20/25 (80%). There's a reason they're called FREE Throws! You enable the other teams aggression when you can't sink FT's.

Over the last 2 games I feel like Amp is the real x-factor for the team. If he's strokin it, it stretches the floor so much

Advertisement
I get that Newton drives us all nuts turning the ball over, and had a bad game personally last night in that department, but as a team we have improved our ball handling since the BC game. We were averaging almost 15 TO a game up to that point, and it's slightly less than 11 per game since then. Including only 9 last night. Newton hasn't had a great handle, but everybody else has stepped up their game taking care of the rock. And Newton is always dangerous with the ball in his hands. Izundu is a talent if he can just control himself a bit and stay out of foul trouble. Coach L has an eye for raw bigs.

I get that Newton drives us all nuts turning the ball over, and had a bad game personally last night in that department, but as a team we have improved our ball handling since the BC game. We were averaging almost 15 TO a game up to that point, and it's slightly less than 11 per game since then. Including only 9 last night. Newton hasn't had a great handle, but everybody else has stepped up their game taking care of the rock. And Newton is always dangerous with the ball in his hands. Izundu is a talent if he can just control himself a bit and stay out of foul trouble. Coach L has an eye for raw bigs.

Newton is lethal when he can go one on one against someone and attack the basket when the defense isn't set or off a fast break. The issue with Newton is since he's the point guard he tries to often to attack when the defense is perfectly set. He dribbles too much and it's real easy to defend him this way since he's not a shooter. If he passed the ball right away and after a few passes the ball gets back to him while the defense is moving around he's guaranteed a lay up every time. I will give him credit he's been a little better lately with this but still think it would be best to have Brown bring up the ball so Newton can pick his spots and attack.

Advertisement
Back