VT defense gutted this yr -- Mook Reynolds dismissed

We lost to a young, awful, PITT team with a freshman QB.

Richt, while at UGA, also lost to a young Florida team, with Treon Harris starting at QB.

Don’t underestimate Richts ability to lose games like this.
Against Florida he had a punter playing QB, and against Pitt we had a 3rd baseman :unsure:

Advertisement
We lost:
Norton - Starter
McIntosh - Starter
Tool Time Trent - Solid Contributor
Chad - Starter
Young - Part time Starter
Moten - Solid Contributor
Owens - Capable backup
Delaney - Starter

VT might be licking their chops...but we know better. Bottom line is all teams suffer losses. As the previous poster claimed, Bud foster will have those boys ready to play!
Delaney started the first 3 games and didn’t start after that so we lost 4 starters and then some contributors but because we played so many guys we are still deep on the defense with experience and talent

Delaney started the first 3 games and didn’t start after that so we lost 4 starters and then some contributors but because we played so many guys we are still deep on the defense with experience and talent

Got it. Other teams losses hurt them but our losses help us.

The old "addition by subtraction ploy".

Ancient but effective. You are learning young Broke. I'll give ya that.

I want to get to a place where we can just look at our schedule and say “Yup, we should cruise to the championship” without a team being shredded or unhealthy playing into it. **** all this “VT was shredded” stuff...

Advertisement
We lost to a young, awful, PITT team with a freshman QB.

Richt, while at UGA, also lost to a young Florida team, with Treon Harris starting at QB.

Don’t underestimate Richts ability to lose games like this.

This is how you draw up conclusions smh pathetic 🤦‍♂️

I want to get to a place where we can just look at our schedule and say “Yup, we should cruise to the championship” without a team being shredded or unhealthy playing into it. **** all this “VT was shredded” stuff...
Step away from the ledge bro. We should be favored in every game. Whether or not someone named Mook is playing ain’t gonna change that.

Step away from the ledge bro. We should be favored in every game. Whether or not someone named Mook is playing ain’t gonna change that.
I ain’t on no ledge. I’m talking about this ******* loser mentality our fans have that even though this is one of the most loaded teams we’ve had in years we gotta make threads like these talking about injuries/dismissals on another team as if we weren’t going to beat them without it. News flash ****heads, we should win every single game this year outside of Clemson no mater what and if we don’t then changes need to be considered(probably on O).

Advertisement
This thread is weird. People arguing that we should only want to play full strength dominant teams, people saying if we don't go undefeated next year changes need to be made, people hyping up some of our defensive losses that we won't even miss for a purpose I haven't quite figured out yet and people bringing up games that have absolutely zero bearing on VT as reasons we will lose to VT and we're only on page 2. Good work fellas.

Advertisement
This thread is weird. People arguing that we should only want to play full strength dominant teams, people saying if we don't go undefeated next year changes need to be made, people hyping up some of our defensive losses that we won't even miss for a purpose I haven't quite figured out yet and people bringing up games that have absolutely zero bearing on VT as reasons we will lose to VT and we're only on page 2. Good work fellas.

Do what Bud Foster (a man named after two beers) does and it'll all make sense. Have a bottle of Old Crow for breakfast and then rinse your mouth out with Rumple Minze instead of brushing your teeth.

A game that Rosier lost...nobody else

Manny Diaz and the defense chipped in a healthy amount in the loss to Pitt. A top 10 defense would have destroyed Pitts offense starting a true freshman for the first time st QB

He completed 62% of his passes and accounted for 3 TDs and over 250 yds of offense with no interceptions. FOR HIS 1st START EVER
People conveniently forget that though......

Advertisement
Manny Diaz and the defense chipped in a healthy amount in the loss to Pitt. A top 10 defense would have destroyed Pitts offense starting a true freshman for the first time st QB

He completed 62% of his passes and accounted for 3 TDs and over 250 yds of offense with no interceptions. FOR HIS 1st START EVER
People conveniently forget that though......
Completely right, nothing to do with us having one drive over 70 yards on offense or anything...or 2 drives over 50. Nothing to do with Pitt having the ball more than half the game...nothing to do with Pitt averaging a possession start point of the 45 yard line. You’re right though, that entire defense should be burned at the stake for their catastrophic failure.

Rosier is a below average College QB that benefited from a coach that adapted the playbook to his strengths(just like he did for Brad) and stellar defensive play majority of the year. If it wasn’t for those two things then we probably finish 5-7. I pray everyday that Kosi, Cade, or Jarren(because idgaf at this point) beat him out.

Last edited:

We’re only a QB away from that.

Completely right, nothing to do with us having one drive over 70 yards on offense or anything...or 2 drives over 50. Nothing to do with Pitt having the ball more than half the game...nothing to do with Pitt averaging a possession start point of the 45 yard line. You’re right though, that entire defense should be burned at the stake for their catastrophic failure.

Rosier is a below average College QB that benefited from a coach that adapted the playbook to his strengths(just like he did for Brad) and stellar defensive play majority of the year. If it wasn’t for those two things then we probably finish 5-7. I pray everyday that Kosi, Cade, or Jarren(because idgaf at this point) beat him out.
We’re only a QB away from that.

#AnyoneButRosier

Can you not read?

I said the defense SHARED in the blame. It was maddening how crappy Rosier was during stretches of last year. At one point during the Pitt game I thought Rosier was purposely trying to throw the game... he missed 3 WR screen passes in a row

But for what was supposed to be an elite defense to allow the Pitt QB to put up a stat line like that against us is unacceptable.... hence why I said they shared in the blame

Go ahead and take everything to the extreme though.... god **** millenials and their safe space

Advertisement
Back