VT at MIA (-3.5) 7PM Tuesday 1/31/2023 ESPNU

Not even gonna bother reading the forum, I’m sure it was all positive in here 😂🫣

Huge game for the team. VT is a good team, struggled with injuries. Offense was great for both teams! Huge win for the team’s psyche. They know they can close out games, just have to execute. Should’ve closed it out earlier with Omier’s free throws, but he played tremendous so hard to hate.

A win is a win. 8-4 in ACC. Huge game against a ****ed off Clemson on Saturday after they dropped a game to lowly BC. They should’ve lost on Saturday to FSU, too.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
So..is this a win that strengthens our resolve OR were we fortunate to get a W? I cannot decide.

Not even gonna bother reading the forum, I’m sure it was all positive in here 😂🫣

Huge game for the team. VT is a good team, struggled with injuries. Offense was great for both teams! Huge win for the team’s psyche. They know they can close out games, just have to execute. Should’ve closed it out earlier with Omier’s free throws, but he played tremendous so hard to hate.

A win is a win. 8-4 in ACC. Huge game against a ****ed off Clemson after they dropped a game to lowly BC on Saturday. They should’ve lost on Saturday to FSU, too.

Go Canes!
Then why are you here?

Advertisement
1675217365350.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good W. Clemson looks to be coming back to earth too.

Vtech is going to win some games down the stretch and end up a bubble team

Vtech has too many losses to be a bubble team, even if they get hot.
Funny thing is they were in almost this exact same spot at this time last year, got hot, probably too little too late to get at an large, but won the ACC tourney to automatically get in. Then promptly lost to Texas.

That's a ref anticipating a call. It's frustrating, but you have to be willing to concede an open 3 to avoid getting that call. How do you defend and close out strong without getting that call? Exactly. The answer is you can't.
Once again, refs weren't very good tonight, but that was clearly a foul by Joseph near the end of the game. I've got no problem with that call. Might've even committed 2 fouls on the play by hitting the shooter up top as he released his shot and by not giving him space to land after the jumper. Gotta be smarter than that. Gotta get our guys to improve contesting shots without fouling, particularly on the 3-pt shooters.

He’s a true shooter...

Some nights it won’t fall, but other nights when it does it’s a wrap!

I posted something a couple weeks ago after he had the first game of this current run where he looked like himself and said something to the effect of "if we can get this version of Pack, we'll be dangerous". He's been lights out for 2-3 weeks now.

I still don't like how we close games, we have to do a better job of getting the ball into the good free throw shooters' hands late in games, and Miller dribbled one off his foot with about a minute left, but this team has a nice nucleus to make another run in March. Good guards, excellent shooters, a big who can defend and rebound (even if he's not really that big), and a stretch kid in Miller who is really versatile. Gotta find a way to win the last minute of games and this team can make some noise again. They were just so steady at the end of games last year, it's kinda jarring to see the chaos this team plays with late. But it's only January. For another couple hours, anyway.

If they can somehow win a road game at Clemson Saturday and then take care of business at home Monday against Duke, the ACC regular season title is certainly within reach.

Advertisement
Back