Vols Search

Golden would be a great hire anywhere. I do feel that he is still not a finished product as a HC and when he is whatever school he is coaching is going to be rolling.

For those reasons I don't think Tennessee will seriously go after him. They are going to want a big name for the buzz and fan support and to make up for the last hires.

Where Golden is as a HC favors us greatly. We'll take some lumps as he improves and the staff improves but steamroll college football once this all comes together.

He is going to be mentioned in all of these coaching searches but any school that is in a position to go after him hard won't be a better situation than coaching here.

My .02

Advertisement
If Golden turned down UCLA, he will turn down Tennessee, Arkansas, etc.

Lot of people turned Tennessee down after Kiffin left an before Dooley. Brian Kelly, Petersen, Patterson, etc. I think it came down to Dooley and Troy Calhoun. It is not the job it once was.

lol sileo trying to get this argument started about golden leaving. i told him no chance and he said i was wrong. i showed him an old report of him saying trestman would be our coach before golden got hired. he just calls me a liar and said its not true.

Golden would be a great hire anywhere. I do feel that he is still not a finished product as a HC and when he is whatever school he is coaching is going to be rolling.

Where Golden is as a HC favors us greatly. We'll take some lumps as he improves and the staff improves but steamroll college football once this all comes together.

He is going to be mentioned in all of these coaching searches but any school that is in a position to go after him hard won't be a better situation than coaching here.

My .02

I agree with this, plus he is only 43 years old.

Advertisement
Back