Vols RB arrested in Lakeland

Advertisement

I knew his dad growing up. Really good athlete but never played ball. He was raised well. Dad is really into the church scene.

This is one of the main reasons guys from Polk County don’t make it as often as they should. I know it happens everywhere but I came up with so many guys with pro talent that got caught up in the bullshyt.

Young and stupid. If he had the gun in the glove box, he would have just caught a misdemeanor weed charge.

This covid 19 bullshyt go to end. Guys is getting in trouble with too much down time.

I understand being from Bartow not wanting to hang out in Lakeland without the fire. Lord knows I had my pistol when I was over there. It’s a lot of cool *** dudes out there, but it’s a lot of haters too. It’s bad ******* in the L but it can come with a lot of static.

He is probably a good kid trying to hang. I hope can stay out of prison and not lose his career. He was coming on strong for Tennessee. Started some games and played solid football. You gotta know the law. This should be a routine weed charge. Not locking up the gun could cost him way more than necessary.

I knew his dad growing up. Really good athlete but never played ball. He was raised well. Dad is really into the church scene.

This is one of the main reasons guys from Polk County don’t make it as often as they should. I know it happens everywhere but I came up with so many guys with pro talent that got caught up in the bullshyt.

Young and stupid. If he had the gun in the glove box, he would have just caught a misdemeanor weed charge.

This covid 19 bullshyt go to end. Guys is getting in trouble with too much down time.

I understand being from Bartow not wanting to hang out in Lakeland without the fire. Lord knows I had my pistol when I was over there. It’s a lot of cool *** dudes out there, but it’s a lot of haters too. It’s bad ******* in the L but it can come with a lot of static.

He is probably a good kid trying to hang. I hope can stay out of prison and not lose his career. He was coming on strong for Tennessee. Started some games and played solid football. You gotta know the law. This should be a routine weed charge. Not locking up the gun could cost him way more than necessary.

His dad worked with me at my last job. Really good guy. Sucks.

I know nothing about Tim Jordan, and I note the positive comments about his family above. However, Tennessee is in desperation mode, and not only are they dropping big bags, but they are also taking a lot of kids with questionable character. At a minimum, the kid is not surrounded by good role models in Knoxville.

Advertisement
It’s bad ******* in the L but it can come with a lot of static.

You ain't neva lied, I used to live in Lakeland. I remember I used to work with this lady, real nice Christian lady. She used to either date, or was married to a dope boy. She was trying to get away from him, she didn't want to live that life no more. To make a long story short, I seen her that Friday, wished her a nice weekend, come Monday, I found out she was gone...dope boy shot her in her car sitting in front of church.

You ain't neva lied, I used to live in Lakeland. I remember I used to work with this lady, real nice Christian lady. She used to either date, or was married to a dope boy. She was trying to get away from him, she didn't want to live that life no more. To make a long story short, I seen her that Friday, wished her a nice weekend, come Monday, I found out she was gone...dope boy shot her in her car sitting in front of church.

I hate to hear about things like that. I think I remember that story.

It ain’t as crazy as south Florida but you still gotta be careful out there.

Advertisement
I guess if you've never been out of the country side Lakeland girls are hot. Pour an extra 20 bucks of gas and come to the 305. You'll forget about those country mutts. F the vols by the way..

Too much down time? That's just an execute. You're saying without football, kids can't behave like responsible citizens?

I view life as a series of binary choices. You have a path in the road. You go left or you go right. Sometimes there's a good choice and a bad choice. Sometimes both choices are bad, but you have to choose the one that is best in that situation. Sometimes making one wrong choice changes your life forever.

I had a messed up youth but when I got to high school (let alone college), I didn't want to do anything that would "F" up my sport or my future. That's what guided me. I always had the attitude that if I were in a place where something bad could happen, then it probably would and I got the **** up out of that situation. I chose the people I hung with very carefully. I didn't hang with people that were doing the wrong things. I didn't even want to be around it even if I were doing the right things.

You have to have the right mindset to succeed in life. Not just the distractions that keep us busy. In other words,
Never let your guard down. Eye on the prize at all times.

Making the wrong choices can destroy your future. See Sam Bruce and unfortunately many others.

Last edited:
Too much down time? That's just an execute. You're saying without football, kids can't behave like responsible citizens?

I view life as a series of binary choices. You have a path in the road. You go left or you go right. Sometimes there's a good choice and a bad choice. Sometimes both choices are bad, but you have to choose the one that is best in that situation. Sometimes making one wrong choice changes your life forever.

I had a messed up youth but when I got to high school (let alone college), I didn't want to do anything that would "F" up my sport or my future. That's what guided me. I always had the attitude that if I were in a place where something bad could happen, then it probably would and I got the **** up out of that situation.

You have to have the right mindset to succeed in life. Not just the distractions that keep us busy. In other words,
Never let your guard down. Eye on the prize at all times.

Making the wrong choices can destroy your future. See Sam Bruce.

Idle time has a tendency to get young guys in trouble. It multiplies the risk of doing stupid ****.

Tim will deal with the consequences of his choice, but I don’t think he is a bad kid.

Florida will come out of the dark ages and decriminalize/legalize weed soon enough. Kid was too ignorant to know the difference between having a gun in your pocket and having one in the glove box.

There is a smart way to ride and a stupid way to ride. I have done both. Hopefully he can keep his life and career on track and learn a valuable lesson.

Idle time has a tendency to get young guys in trouble. It multiplies the risk of doing stupid ****.

Tim will deal with the consequences of his choice, but I don’t think he is a bad kid.

Florida will come out of the dark ages and decriminalize/legalize weed soon enough. Kid was too ignorant to know the difference between having a gun in your pocket and having one in the glove box.

There is a smart way to ride and a stupid way to ride. I have done both. Hopefully he can keep his life and career on track and learn a valuable lesson.
You need to check yourself. Having a gun in the glove box vs your person is not the solution. They get themselves in trouble because they don't have the right mindset to start with. You don't need a gun. If you think you do, then you need to change what you do. You don't need to be hanging in places that would require a gun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You need to check yourself. Having a gun in the glove box vs your person is not the solution. They get themselves in trouble because they don't have the right mindset to start with. You don't need a gun. If you think you do, then you need to change what you do. You don't need to be hanging in places that would require a gun.

Everybody says that until they need one and don’t have it. It’s just a tool. A very dangerous one that requires skill to operate.

Keeping yourself safe is a mix of tools. Situational awareness is the most important tool. Without it, a gun, knife, pepper spray, fighting skills become useless.

Situational awareness has it’s limits too. Danger often lurks where we least expect it. The cemeteries are full of people who thought situational awareness alone would protect them. They are full of people who thought a gun alone would protect them too.

Good people who avoid trouble die by senseless acts of violence everyday. Some of them would still be alive if they carried a firearm.

Tim was arrested for not bothering anybody because of “the law”. That’s bullshyt. But he made his choice so he has to live with.

Most people who don’t wear seatbelts will survive. They don’t think they need it until they are flying through the windshield.

You have been fortunate that your decision making has allowed you to avoid trouble. Be thankful. That may not always be the case.

Lol. Good kid, yeah sounds like id love to have him come babysit my kids. How about you just don’t ride at all? Millions of normal people grow up and don’t break the law like this. Even if you are ignorant, this doesn’t come up in the day of normal people.

Advertisement
Lol. Good kid, yeah sounds like id love to have him come babysit my kids. How about you just don’t ride at all? Millions of normal people grow up and don’t break the law like this. Even if you are ignorant, this doesn’t come up in the day of normal people.

Lol. Normal people.....

So he should hang out by himself?

There are 350 million people in this country, guess how many don’t ride around with a loaded gun, drugs, etc.? Let me give you a hint, most of us. The majority would also be called normal.

There are over 18 milliion Americans carrying a concealed weapon by permit. That doesn’t count the millions with long guns or who carry in their glove box or trunk.

Millions of “normal” people carry. Millions of “normal” people smoke weed. Unfortunately, Florida is one of the remaining backward *** states still clinging to draconian marijuana laws. This great state will soon submit itself to sanity and end the tyrannical marijuana prohibition as well.

Tim was arrested for not bothering anybody, which is par for the course in a nation that made a billion dollar private industry by criminalizing its citizens for victimless crimes.

Tyrants and cowards infringe upon the rights of citizens to validate their own fears and fatten their own bank accounts. Their weak justification that the fearful fall for is enforcing their personal idea of “normalcy” onto other people.

I could give a **** about the law personally. Wasn’t that long ago that it was legal to own me and my family as chattel slave. It’s legal to sell gasoline and alcohol in the same space but smoking a joint is an unforgivable offense. Real morality and legality rarely line up.

Saying that ,I am fully aware of the reality of the situation and that standing for my rights and living my life as I choose with the free will inherited from my creator could have negative consequences. So be it. Liberty is for the courageous and tolerant, not the cowardly and squeamish.

Your idea of normal is following “the law” and that makes one a “good” person. I strongly disagree.

Advertisement
Back