Vols' in trouble? Again in 2024.

Sounds like they don’t really have the power. Alabama is the golden goose, the rest of the sec is there to make them look good.
How are they a golden goose? Whoever wins becomes the golden goose. Why would others not want to win (with fair officiating)? Otherwise sounds like masochism.

Advertisement
You post a lot of this insider dirty recruiting type stuff, don't get me wrong, I like it because it's what I tend to believe about recruiting. My question is how do you know all this stuff ?

I only know about one my man. :)

I know about it because he's from around the same town I live in. And it's a small town. Allegedly, he was all set to come here, mom wanted Richt to 'set her son up', Richt wouldn't do it.

The new vehicles they own are well outside of their financial range, the Dad works very sporadically.

The mom brags around town about how her son is 'getting sponsor money', though to my knowledge, the NCAA or Alabama hasn't set up the rules for paying players for their likeness yet.

Now, all of that can be explained away as, maybe a relative bought the cars, maybe there was a misunderstanding about the sponsorship money, etc.

But I'm reasonably sure he was bought and paid for. 100% certain? No, of course not. And I would be the first to apologize if I'm completely wrong.

But in life, one plus one occasionally equals two. And that kid is going to be an All-Pro OL, you can bet on that.

Nah man, I'm not some dirty insider or anything like that. Just keep my ears open, thats all. :)

Last edited:
I only know about one my man. :)

I know about it because he's from around the same town I live in. And it's a small town. Allegedly, he was all set to come here, mom wanted Richt to 'set her son up', Richt wouldn't do it.

The new vehicles they own are well outside of their financial range, the Dad works very sporadically.

The mom brags around town about how her son is 'getting sponsor money', though to my knowledge, the NCAA or Alabama hasn't set up the rules for paying players for their likeness yet.

Now, all of that can be explained away as, maybe a relative bought the cars, maybe there was a misunderstanding about the sponsorship money, etc.

But I'm reasonably sure he was bought and paid for. 100% certain? No, of course not. And I would be the first to apologize if I'm completely wrong.

But in life, one plus one occasionally equals two. And that kid is going to be an All-Pro OL, you can bet on that.

Nah man, I'm not some dirty insider or anything like that. Just keep my ears open, thats all. :)

Good reasonable post. Thanks for telling the truth and extra thanks for not pretending to be an insider.

Advertisement
Its not that they wont come down on Bama. They dont want to stop the Publicity machine in saban and what he has created. They have come down on bama before when they werent dominating.

The post I replied to was asking why SEC teams put up with officiating that favors Alabama. The answer is... what are they gonna do?
Tennessee should have an Armageddon unit in its Athletic Department, whose sole purpose is to gather recruiting violation dirt on other SEC schools. Then if Alabama or LSU tries to use the NCAA to punish Tennessee to hold them back and obfuscate their own crimes, Tennessee releases their information to all media sources, making as much noise in the sports and poltical world as possible. A MAD policy so to speak - one made clear to blue blood schools that if Tennessee goes down, they are taking other schools with them.

Every so often the NCAA has to punish an SEC team, for appearances. Tennessee is a big enough name but harmless to SEC prominence. That will get punished

Advertisement
Tennessee should have an Armageddon unit in its Athletic Department, whose sole purpose is to gather recruiting violation dirt on other SEC schools. Then if Alabama or LSU tries to use the NCAA to punish Tennessee to hold them back and obfuscate their own crimes, Tennessee releases their information to all media sources, making as much noise in the sports and poltical world as possible. A MAD policy so to speak - one made clear to blue blood schools that if Tennessee goes down, they are taking other schools with them.
A dead hand switch for mutually assured destruction.

They’re all dirty AF, so they all gotta keep their mouths shut. Violations are reported about all the time... even round 1 of the nfl draft when a players voicemails were hacked and released.... nothing ever happens..

On a UT related note - saw a comment on Twitter that they were going to make us off-season winners this year. Guess we could be interested in a couple more of their defectors.

A dead hand switch for mutually assured destruction.

They’re all dirty AF, so they all gotta keep their mouths shut. Violations are reported about all the time... even round 1 of the nfl draft when a players voicemails were hacked and released.... nothing ever happens..
That’s exactly what I was thinking of.

Advertisement
Rumor is Georgia will also be heavily investigates along with the vols
True.

Tennessee snitched on UGA. The barbershop talk here in TN is: Tennessee offered a recruit $$ and UGA got him. So, UGA must have paid him more than what Tennessee offered. Come on y'all WE caught.

Advertisement
Apparently about to get back in trouble after a year of staying clean. Couple articles on Twitter. Having trouble pulling them up.

Sources: Tennessee Under Potential NCAA Investigation for NIL Violations in Multiple Sports​

Pat Forde

The Volunteers were penalized last summer for infractions within the football program and could face significant consequences for another major probe.

The University of Tennessee is immersed in another NCAA investigation of potential rules violations that is “major” in nature, sources tell Sports Illustrated. The case involves multiple sports and includes scrutiny of name, image and likeness (NIL) benefits for athletes.

Advertisement
Back