Visits Visitors May 1-7, 2023

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Big week/weekend for both portal recruits and HS recruits

Link to @DMoney thread for the confirmed 5/5 Visitors

Portal

Weekday

• Konnor Near (LB DII Ferris State, one day visit. Committed to OK)

May 6-7

High School

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brian Monroe
Season 5 Fainting GIF by Living Single

I’m stupid dead😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
This doesn't sound very firm.

Miami offered North Texas linebacker Larry Nixon III is a 6-foot-2, 236-pounder who was named a first-team All-Conference USA linebacker in 2022 following a season where he totaled 105 tackles. There is a chance that the senior visits this coming weekend.

More iffy visit plans

Another ‘backer the Hurricanes are involved with is two-time Division II national champion and an All-American at that level in Ferris State’s Konnor Near. The 6-foot-2, 234-pounder has earned offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech amongst others. The Mountaineers and Spartans have hosted and the Hurricanes could get a visit this week. Last fall, Near totaled 66 tackles, 10.5 coming for a loss, and three sacks for a 14-1 team.

Equally unclear visit plans for Amaury Wiggins

I know that Miami views Coffeyville CC offensive lineman Amaury Wiggins as a potential center of the future… The Hurricanes offered the Pensacola (Fla.) native after his spring take at center made the rounds. As an academic qualifier, Wiggins is capable of making the move to the school of his choice as soon as his semester ends and Miami would very much like for Coral Gables to be his landing spot. He may not be an immediate contributor, but sitting behind Lee for a season while he continues to learn and grow as a ball handler up front could mean that the program would be well equipped to transition from the NFL bound center after this season, assuming everything goes as planned. I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami got an official visit soon.

and Gaby isn't exactly certain with Malone either

I think that Ole Miss defensive lineman Tywone Malone wants to see Miami before making a decision… The 6-foot-4, 315-pound defensive tackle visited Ohio State this weekend and left without a pledge to the Buckeyes. I think that’s notable. After checking in with Bucknuts’ Bill Kurelic, Miami may be the other spot Malone wants to check out before a decision is made. I would not be surprised if the dual-sport athlete made his way down to South Florida soon, though admittedly I don’t know of any specific date in mind. I do think a trip could happen though and that would be a big deal.

Advertisement

I think that Ole Miss defensive lineman Tywone Malone wants to see Miami before making a decision… The 6-foot-4, 315-pound defensive tackle visited Ohio State this weekend and left without a pledge to the Buckeyes. I think that’s notable. After checking in with Bucknuts’ Bill Kurelic, Miami may be the other spot Malone wants to check out before a decision is made. I would not be surprised if the dual-sport athlete made his way down to South Florida soon, though admittedly I don’t know of any specific date in mind. I do think a trip could happen though and that would be a big deal.

Gaby has more hedge than Sanford Stadium in Athens Georgia sheesh

Equally unclear visit plans for Amaury Wiggins

I know that Miami views Coffeyville CC offensive lineman Amaury Wiggins as a potential center of the future… The Hurricanes offered the Pensacola (Fla.) native after his spring take at center made the rounds. As an academic qualifier, Wiggins is capable of making the move to the school of his choice as soon as his semester ends and Miami would very much like for Coral Gables to be his landing spot. He may not be an immediate contributor, but sitting behind Lee for a season while he continues to learn and grow as a ball handler up front could mean that the program would be well equipped to transition from the NFL bound center after this season, assuming everything goes as planned. I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami got an official visit soon.

No more Wiggins

Advertisement
More iffy visit plans

Another ‘backer the Hurricanes are involved with is two-time Division II national champion and an All-American at that level in Ferris State’s Konnor Near. The 6-foot-2, 234-pounder has earned offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and Georgia Tech amongst others. The Mountaineers and Spartans have hosted and the Hurricanes could get a visit this week. Last fall, Near totaled 66 tackles, 10.5 coming for a loss, and three sacks for a 14-1 team.

Ferris state is where Miami Dolphins DT Zach Seiler went to school, he's an absolute dog and one of the best waiver wire moves in Dolphins history.

Gaby has a segment called "3 things i know" in which he proceeds to list 3 players and doesn't know if they are visiting?

Is he trolling?

There is a good chance that both will spend time in Miami this week with Nixon likely taking an official visit to see the Hurricanes this coming weekend, InsideTheU has learned. Near said in a message that he was hoping to get down to Miami late this week, which lines up with intel we have gathered regarding one of the more popular linebacker names in the portal. - Gaby

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back