Vision competition....predict the QB...POLL

Considering this will be a Malzahn influenced offense, who will PROVE to be the best fit

• Total voters

Tru C

Senior
Considering this is a Malzahn influenced offense, who do you PREDICT will win the job.

I’m going with Perry. Lash recruited Perry to Auburn in 2016.

Three-star dual-threat quarterback N'Kosi Perry was a Miami Hurricanes commit up until early February, and while he's not ruling out the Hurricanes, he's since decommitted and opened up his recruitment.

For now, he's focusing on finding a team where he fits the offense. Auburn and Tennessee stand out in that regard. He recently got an Auburn offer, and according to Perry, offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee and the Tigers offered because they like how he fits into the offense.

"I like Auburn because I like the offense," Perry said. "That's the style I played in high school so that's fun for me."

Perry is also a fan of Volunteers, who recently offered.

"They also run a spread offense and I've been hearing great things about it being a place to live and everything," he said. "I just want to check it out."

Perry would like to play in a spread system, but he's willing to consider the pro-style systems at Florida State and the school he was previously committed to, Miami.

"They're at the top, too," Perry said of the Hurricanes. "I like Miami. I know that's a beautiful place to live, and I like Coach Richt."

According to Perry, Miami is still recruiting him and will welcome him back if he decides to recommit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I voted Perry because he’s a known quantity, he’s mobile, has a strong arm, and has been at his best in simpler offenses.
I could also see Tate thriving going back to a spread offense considering how good was in HS using the spread.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you guys using your hope or are you picking guys that when it goes live, bullets flying, at the College level, some for the first time, that you expect them to perform well regardless?

Manny has to win now. There is no next year 2021 if he doesn’t. I do NOT see an inexperienced guy winning this thing and I don’t see a scenario where Manny goes with someone with long term thoughts in mind.

I wonder if anyone is actually changing their vote/opinion on which QB they prefer based on the new OC's system.

Considering this is a Malzahn influenced offense, who do you PREDICT will win the job.

I’m going with Perry. Perry received an offer from Auburn in 2017. Lash left in 2016. I’m guessing he recruited Perry. I think Perry is the best fit and when you add his experience, I see him winning the competition.

Yes. I'm, also, riding with Perry. Tater's is too much of a PRIMA DONNA and he's UNRELIABLE! Perry is TOUGH MINDED too. In contrast to JW and all that. Nevertheless, Lashlee WON'T be playing favorites entering Spring practice. So may the best QB whom FITS Coach L's offense win the job.

Advertisement
If Tate wants to play football he contacted Lashlee yesterday and asked for the playbook. The one constant we heard about Tate was he was smarter than the other 2 and studied more. Part of being fast is knowing your plan in and out. If Tate can show he’s ahead of the rest Lashlee will work with his arm. Think he’s the front runner but TVD is the second option.

Advertisement
They’re talking to QB’s in the portal now. So, it will either be a portal or someone new. I don’t think Jarren will be here when 2020 starts. Perry would have to grow up. Mattel isn’t an option currently. Payton or a portal kid.

Advertisement
Back