Virginia v Syracuse Game Thread

ball game. I said it last week but armstrong is a poor mans tebow
He looks awful in Tony Elliot's offense. He doesn't have arm strength either. He puts everything he has within his body to drive the ball, but it looks more like a shotput.

I guess I'm a Homer, because I expect us to wax every team in the Coastal + FSU. Every Coastal team plus FSU has holes to exploit.

Advertisement
If UM doubled its scoring from our last game, we still fall short of 20 points. If keep that in mind before getting too excited about the corstal.
Yah, that might be the case, but just about every Coastal team is on a G5 level like S. Miss or MTSU. So, the offense should put up 30+.

You're making your case based on 1 game. If you watched an analysis of the game you'd know we had 3-4 plays that could/should have scored aTD.

So, I don't think your characterization doesn’t have merit.

Last edited:
If UM doubled its scoring from our last game, we still fall short of 20 points. If keep that in mind before getting too excited about the corstal.
You just don't understand that Gattis has been saving all of our offensive wrinkles for UNC. I've already booked travel to Charlotte.

You just don't understand that Gattis has been saving all of our offensive wrinkles for UNC. I've already booked travel to Charlotte.
With all due respect, sir, this is Miami.

We always save the Double Secret Probation Playbook for Florida State.

Winning at College Station be damned!

Advertisement
Also what defense will be more talented then A&Ms besides Clemson? Not saying it's a guarente but there is no good defense in the costal.

You're making your case based on 1 game. If you watched an analysis of the game you'd know we had 3-4 plays that could/should have scored aTD.

Offense looked clunky against So Miss too. So those 3-4 plays we could have scored on but didn't, could you remind me why we didn't score? Players fell down due to bad luck?

Also what defense will be more talented then A&Ms besides Clemson? Not saying it's a guarente but there is no good defense in the costal.
I will say that that Old Man at UNC appears to have Our Number. Not saying that this staff can't break the Curse, but that's not a game I'm pocketing as a given.

I will say that that Old Man at UNC appears to have Our Number. Not saying that this staff can't break the Curse, but that's not a game I'm pocketing as a given.
No given until proven otherwise. We outplayed A&M and fumbled bumbled and kicked it away

Advertisement
Virginia is absolute garbage. I just left the game. Armstrong has regressed so much it’s hard to comprehend. The defense is bad. Zero pass rush. Canes by a million when we play them.

It should be a good game they have played no defense all year. App State scored 60+ I hope we can atleast score half that.

Offense looked clunky against So Miss too. So those 3-4 plays we could have scored on but didn't, could you remind me why we didn't score? Players fell down due to bad luck?
They forget or don’t want to admit we were losing 7-3 with under a minute to go in the 1st half.

It’s been clunky AF. Hoping tomorrow we got it rolling.

You had like 10 guys doing their job and 1 doesn't. His man winds up being the one making the TD saving tackle.

Also, TVD made some bad throws even on completions. He wasn't stepping into the ball. The pass to Arroyo was a TD if he steps into the throw instead of throwing with all arm. He had time to step into it, but didn't.

Even on the goaline run with TVD that everyone including myself said WTF would have been a TD. Arroyo didn’t block anyone and looked shocked TVD ran it. Campbell missed his block as well.

So, it's all there. We don't see these things during live action. All we see are plays that didn't work.

That's why I'm going to reserve judgment until I see the games broken down on film. There are several really good YouTubers that coached or played and understand the game. I watch Coach Hayes Football's The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. He coached under Mario at FIU. I also watch Holsum1 Holloway who's from Miami and on staff at N. D. State as a Grad Assistant. Very good analysis from both.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back